Old car forum posts (merged)

Lancia doesn't sell well here since the former Delta left. Alfa has the 159 that goes nicely and the Mito nowadays.
Here it's:
Lancia = dead
Fiat = 500 and Panda going well, Punto is going worse. Bravo, Sedici and Croma are not interesting, as you got better (German) brands compared to those cars.
Alfa = 147 and 159 going well, GT and Brera are a bit expensive. Mito I don't know.. I think the 159 is the most successfull for Alfa here.
Maserati and Ferrari are small numbers and not interesting for normal people.

Opel is going well here.

I think Fiat should leave these models:
Fiat: 500 (upper class small car), Panda (lower class small space car), Punto (lower class compact car)
Alfa Romeo: Mito (Sporty class compact), 147 (same), 159 (Middle sized sporty), Brera and GT Premium sporty (to go against VW Scirocco for example). Spider (just ebcaus ethere has to be a cabrio)
Lancia: Just pull the plug out of it
Opel: Agila (middle class small space car), Corsa (middle class compact), Meriva (compact mpv), Astra (middle class average sized car), etc
I think all Opel models can stay all except maybe the GT and I think the Insignia is too high in the market for a brand as Opel. Opel will never fight with BMW, Mercedes or Audi.
Just like the VW Phaeton is a big mistake, who would take a Volkswagen if you can have an Audi A8?
But more brands have in fact useless cars they'll never sell usually because of Mercedes, BMW and Audi being the big brands:
Citroën C6, Peugeot 608, Opel Insignia, Toyota Camry (in Europe at least), VW Phaeton, Honda Legend, Renault Vel Satis and I could go on with that list... That's also the reason why Ford doesn't have a car above the Mondeo, they know they can't fight with BMW, Mercedes and Audi in that market.

2009 IFR Aspid

0-60 in 2.8 seconds and 50 mile per gallon. :)

Faster than a Bugatti Veyron and more economical than a Ford Mondeo diesel – this is the IFR Aspid! The new sportscar was unveiled at the British Motor Show and it’s gunning for other high performance two seater roadsters such as the Caterham CSR 260, Donkervoort D8 and the KTM X-Bow – but with more pace and lower fuel consumption.

The brainchild of Spanish automotive engineer Ignacio Fernandez Rodriguez (hence IFR), the mean-looking machine features a bespoke lightweight aluminium honeycomb chassis, lightweight double wishbone suspension and twin disc front brakes.

Together with liberal use of carbonfibre, the Aspid tips the scales at just 700kg and thanks to a 400bhp supercharged 2.0-litre i-VTEC petrol engine derived from Honda’s Civic Type-R, the Aspid does 0-60mph in 2.8 seconds, 0-100mph in 5.9 seconds and has a top speed in excess of 160mph. Incredibly, the company also claims 50mpg – although this has yet to be fully verified.

The Aspid also features sophisticated electronics, allowing the driver to tweak the responsiveness of the steering, throttle and traction control from a touchscreen centre console display – or via the F1-style removable steering wheel.

Inside, the cabin is clad in leather and carbonfibre and gets luxury features like Bluetooth and wi-fi internet access. There will be two versions – a £75,000 normally aspirated model, while the supercharged version will start at £107,000. Auto Express will be driving the newcomer before sales start at the end of the year.

Attachments

• car_photo_273195_25.jpg
    car_photo_273195_25.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 256
  • car_photo_273192_25.jpg
    car_photo_273192_25.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 271
  • car_photo_273189_25.jpg
    car_photo_273189_25.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 593
  • car_photo_273186_25.jpg
    car_photo_273186_25.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 291
  • ifr_supersport8.jpg
    ifr_supersport8.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 400
  • ifr_supersport4.jpg
    ifr_supersport4.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 271
  • Andrew Dawes

I like the blue colour
Awesome photos Hans of the old and new bugattis - cheers

Hmmm.
I think I'll go buy it...

In 1/18th form, where I dont have to worry about insurance, running costs or the general concern of how do I make my shed intruder proof!

Absolutely beautiful!

• Ariff Roose

Your Every Dream Garage - Types?!

okay what I actually meant was the type. Actually Ill show you.
My garage -
Family Car - BMW E60 530i Touring
People Carrier - Proton Exora. [cheap! under 75k. and cant think of anything
else. Im malay. so we dont care.]
Supercar - Porsche 911 GT3 RS
Mini Sports car - BMW 135i
My Personal Car - BMW 535i E34
Luxury Car - MB S350
Hot Hatch - VW Golf GTI
Super Saloon - BMW M5 E60
Tiny Car - Peugeot 206 RS

get what i mean?

• Kyle Evers

I get it but I couldn't really distinguish every car I would want into each type.

Help deciding car to buy.

I'm contemplating buying a "new" car. So at the moment there are two Minis I'm looking at. What do you guys think is the smartest move?
Prices are sick in this contry, so don't compare to your prices!

1. Mini Cooper S 2002, 31430 km., kr. 210.000, -

94_-1479204046.jpg

94_-943599331.jpg

- 245bhp

- 18" TSW rims w/Yokohama S-Drive tires (as new)

- Bilstein PSS Coilover kit

- Stoptech 328mmx28mm 4pots Brakes front (brand new)

- New custom map, cold air filter, GRS Motorsport Intercooler, Milltek exhaust, racing kat & high flow pipes.

- Facelift front lights

- New Engine and gearbox in 2006 (Garanty from BMW becuse of production error) Engine, gearbox gone ca 31 430km (rest ca 93 000 km.)

2. Mini Cooper S JC WORKS 2005, 58000 km., kr. 275.000, -

31_-342234219.jpg

31_-2084842665.jpg

31_1085990764.jpg

- 211bhp

He hasn't written to much about it. Waiting for mail.

Any help on pros and cons would be great!

(It's about cars, but if still wrong forum please move)

I'd say go for the 1st one.
Even though, I use to drive my Dad's MINI Cooper from time to time and once drove a Cooper S in a testdrive and I think 211 bhp are already more than enough for this car so you don't need to choose the 1st one for this reason

And, well I think the 1st one just looks better.

And, whatever car you buy, have fun with one of the best steering systems a road car can deliver! (everyone who's ever had a BMW MINI knows what I mean)

Well the choice is between a lesser model that's been modded, and an out of the box hot rod.. I'd go for the second because I'm boring and suspicious of third-party work. Plus when it comes to resale the JCW will hold value better.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 359 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 180 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%