oculus latest update, 10/09/18

Cote Dazur

SIM Addict
todays update is preventing my GTX1080ti/CV1 to work.
This morning all was fine and this afternoon after the update nothing works.
anyone else is on the same boat?
Does someone has a solution?

unfortunately this does nothing for me:

Oculus v131 flaw.jpg

Upvote 0
I run with high settings and ASW forced at all times (6600k, 980Ti) and am happy to do so, but ASW 2.0 looks like it deals with my biggest complaint.
When is it coming?

I'm a big fan of ASW. I run it on a 1080Ti. With the new 'inteligent' ASW 2.0 you would be daft not to?... If it works as good as they say. Hopefully it comes very soon. I'm surprised they havnt made more of this to be honest.

Upvote 0
Looks to me like they want everybody running Oculus Home whilst they have their headset on. The reasons for this would be difficult to prove, but considering Mr Zuckerberg's history of gathering data - and then selling it - I guess we should all come to our own conclusions. I'm hopeful that some bright spark will find a way to write software which does what home did before this..... update. Just my thoughts.

Upvote 0
The biggest problem is the inability to return to pre disaster while they sort this stuff out. It's like they've forced us into a beta with no recouse.
Apparently it's been beta tested for the past year and everyone in the programme loved it. I guess all of them play nothing but Lucky's Tale or something.

ASW 2.0 has me quite excited now but I cannot find out when it might be released.

Upvote 0
Over the last few updates of Oculus software, I've gone from a very smooth error-free experience to a loss of cursor in AC and lag on initial entry to the virtual cockpit for the first few seconds.
For such a large company, the process of accessing pages to input issues and get solutions seems inadequate.
It is more akin to a few guys forming a forum between their regular jobs.

Upvote 0
Over the last few updates of Oculus software, I've gone from a very smooth error-free experience to a loss of cursor in AC and lag on initial entry to the virtual cockpit for the first few seconds.
For such a large company, the process of accessing pages to input issues and get solutions seems inadequate.
It is more akin to a few guys forming a forum between their regular jobs.
I get that lag when entering the cockpit for a few seconds too. It's bloody annoying. It's like the tracking flicks on and off a few times.

Upvote 0
I get that lag when entering the cockpit for a few seconds too. It's bloody annoying. It's like the tracking flicks on and off a few times.
Exactly!
I was trying to find a description.
You get the screen partially displayed...part black while getting sorted...then skipping and finally okay after a brief stutter?
It is annoying as heck. I close my eyes for a few seconds until it is fully loaded now.
Did you lose the mouse cursor in AC?
I have to scroll the mouse until. I see one of the menu items highlight then move it up or down before I can press enter to select. No cursor at all in AC.

Upvote 0
Exactly!
I was trying to find a description.
You get the screen partially displayed...part black while getting sorted...then skipping and finally okay after a brief stutter?
It is annoying as heck. I close my eyes for a few seconds until it is fully loaded now.
Did you lose the mouse cursor in AC?
I have to scroll the mouse until. I see one of the menu items highlight then move it up or down before I can press enter to select. No cursor at all in AC.
Mmmm.. I don't have any of those problems, just a brief 'judder' a few seconds after entering the cockpit. Yours sounds horrible!

Upvote 0
Mmmm.. I don't have any of those problems, just a brief 'judder' a few seconds after entering the cockpit. Yours sounds horrible!
The racing is fine after you get over that initial car entry 'judder'. It is also a monumental PITA when you go to exit and there is no cursor. You're then left scrolling a mouse all over 'kingdom come' looking for a way out.

Upvote 0
So small conclusion after 3 days of intensive employment.

Error with me was that with the Uodate of Oculus on V1.31 Assetto Corsa no more courage Oculus worked. There was a picture on the monitor. In the VR only sound and Oculus Home to see. So no switching. So far I have always used Oculus Traytool for SS and ASW and everything was perfect.

Until the time of the update.

Have then put on new Windows and provided with the latest drivers and nothing has changed.

Oculus does not provide the V1.30 anymore. So you have to come up with another solution.

Then I tried Steam VR.

And see all that well. Since everything had worked with the Oculus software before, I never got the idea to use steam vr.

Ingame setting .. Output: Open VR

In addition, I still have the admin trick applied, so that Oculus has no automatic start. And then Oculus without Home2

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/8uf1sm/oculushomeless_use_dash_without_home_20/

Since I like the living room ...

Sys Core i7 6700k@ 4,8 ghz Gtx1070

Runs at SS 1.7 , 8xAA ,shader patch,real Mirror, gbw suite, Autumn Mod @ 90 fps offline and online.

I'm happy

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just read this in the reddit blog. AC might not benefit from this new update, unless the devs do some updated development.

“ASW 2.0 is the result of 2 years of hard work to fix this. It delivers the same benefits of the original ASW, but now because it also uses depth information, it has far less artefacting (almost none).

CAVEAT: ASW 2.0's new tech relies on the game feeding the depth buffer to the Rift drivers, so it will still look like ASW 1.0 for games that don't do this. The good news though is that in Unity this is literally a 1-tick checkbox, and in Unreal, it's onby default! No special development effort required for either engine. For games using custom engines though, it may be a more effort, so those devs might not do it”

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea