Nurburgring Hotlap Setup

Hey all, how are you guys getting these super sub 2 minute times even with these great setups (thanks for sharing these), I can't get below the 2-minute mark, what setup i.e. steering wheels, joypads etc, are you guys using, I'm using a fanatec csl elite wheel and lc pedals, now I usually use the rift for my sim racing and I can't wait for the vr to be implemented, but I'm addicted to hotlapping for now. But I'd love to set a decent time :)

I have a Logitech Momo Racing and I'm doing a lap time of 2:00:3xx the turning radius of the wheel with respect to the game is very sensitive ... 5º of the wheel is 45º o more in the game ... so I can not drive. .. I skidded in all curves ... and those who make a lap time lower than 1:56: xxx are not human!!!!

Hey all, how are you guys getting these super sub 2 minute times even with these great setups (thanks for sharing these), I can't get below the 2-minute mark, what setup i.e. steering wheels, joypads etc, are you guys using, I'm using a fanatec csl elite wheel and lc pedals, now I usually use the rift for my sim racing and I can't wait for the vr to be implemented, but I'm addicted to hotlapping for now. But I'd love to set a decent time :)

-Smooth steering
-Less gearshifting
-Feathering the throttle
-Memorizing brake distances

I tried your setup also.
I'm sure it's a good setup but i have other problems, the car still steers like a pig.
Best time around 2:00
Are you all on version 0.1.1?
what steering wheel are you using? i really have the impression that on my T500RS everything is very brutal and with not much detail.
Do anybody has some setup concerning the FFB?
Does the Thrustmaster control panel settings are ok?
I have them setup like this.
In game the GAIN is on 85 and the MINIMUM FORCE is on 0

View attachment 269626

View attachment 269642

Help is very much appreciated

Ive got the exact same problems with the car steering. As you say, steers like a pig, even tried this setup.

Direct drive setup. 20Nm mige servo 2.1mil encoder. Ingame FFB set to 35% gain. Tried 40-50% but then the kerbs and off track ventures are way to strong, shaking the whole simrig about.

Even had times were I was off throttle not braking, into and through corner and the car just spins out or goes sideways off the track.
Done Sooo many laps and just cant figureout whats going on. Basically im lucky if I get one full clean lap in without going off track. 2:02-2:06 when I manage a clean lap.

Fastest lap at this weekend's 1st race at nurburgring was a 1.55:668 in an Audi, and a Mercedes set the fastest qualifying time of 1.54:007. The fastest time on the in-game leader board is a 1.52:5. So already we are seeing incredible lap times that I know even with the best setup in the world I will never be able to achieve, but I have to hold my hands up and say there are some very quick racers out there.

the turning radius of the wheel with respect to the game is very sensitive ... 5º of the wheel is 45º o more in the game
I think you must set in game wheel rotation to match your Momo racing whell, which is, if I remember right, 270 degree, in this case 280 as ACC accept only even values.
Now you have 270 and in game 900, probably

Right this game is driving me nuts I have been messing around with the settings all day and now I can't even put in a clean lap...
it really is the most frustrating game the car has a mind of its own no matter what I do I can't keep it on the black stuff now Ahhhhhhhhh
I'm going to give it a rest now for a while before I do something I regret :)

well im not the best driver and im old at 56yrs young but my best time is 1:55.6 with my setup,feel free to try it.
regards wheel setup I have a fanatic csr wheel where you can adjust the wheel sensitivity,what I did was turn my wheel 180 degrees and then changed sensitivity until it matched the ingame wheel display,which was 600 degrees for me..

Attachments

• daves dry.json
    1.8 KB · Views: 536
hi guys, I don't know what the steering issues are, I have been sim racing for years...I use a T300 RS - 900 in driver software and 900 in game. Leave it alone, AC has also ways converted rotation in game so you dont have to change anything. my settings: 90% FF in game and below .feels good
upload_2018-9-17_19-21-32.png

hi guys, I don't know what the steering issues are, I have been sim racing for years...I use a T300 RS - 900 in driver software and 900 in game. Leave it alone, AC has also ways converted rotation in game so you dont have to change anything. my settings: 90% FF in game and below .feels goodView attachment 270061
I agree with you ffb settings but not with the 900 degrees.
It’s just too much and not realistic.
I use 560 degrees

I do not understand why people are using 100% for spring and damper settings in the thrustmaster control panel. It is my understanding these two settings should really be at 0% .
The spring setting is forcing the wheel back to the middle, higher the setting higher the force being used, which is fine when you going in a straight line but not for corners because the force is trying to centre the wheel. Damping is putting a force on how hard it is to turn your wheel, to me that should be left to the ffb.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back