Nogripracing.com gone?

After all we just want a reliable database that doesn't send us around in circles when we want to download our favourite mods.

Yeah, hopefully people think things through. A site like RD gets mainstream traffic and it's where many people will come. Other little pockets of the internet are all well and fine but it's support of a site like this that will keep our fav sims alive. Keeping a sim alive benefits us all, be it someone simming or creating.

Guys i would like to put here the names of best car mods on here but it's on the video on Youtube but this site doesn't allow posting links on here. If Bram or any other staff member allows this i would put the links here so that you guys know what are those mods.

"...best car mods..."

A very subjective appellation.

But to avoid duplication of effort perhaps we should post lists of what is available, so this site doesn't get a dozen uploads of the same 150meg mod. (Not counting what is on CDs/DVDs, which I've yet to unearth, I have about 300 GTR2 tracks and 14gig of assorted mods; about half that much for GTL; on an external usb drive.)

Hi, Does anyone happen to have the following files for GTR2?
NO CD patch
EU Patch
US Patch

They are needed for user that play on Steam due to the grey cars issue the game has. I have a guide on steam on how to fix it and i'm using NoGrip as the source for the files. Would be very helpful if someone could either link me those three from another site. Unless they are posted here which i cant seem to find.

I'm really going to miss NoGrip. I was never active on their forums (I'm not here either, this is my first post) but GTL has been on of my favorite games since I got it on steam, mainly because of the awesome mods. My PC's hard drive failed and when I got my PC back NoGrip was down, so I have nothing from that site now. Hopefully there will be a good amount of mods for GTL and GTR2 soon.

Let me know if you need to have the same categorization for GTL as well please.
I think it would be great to have categories, It'd be easy to do it now when there is less mods, so when there are a lot of mods you wont have to worry about it, and of course it will be easier for people to find stuff.

I'm really going to miss NoGrip. I was never active on their forums (I'm not here either, this is my first post) but GTL has been on of my favorite games since I got it on steam, mainly because of the awesome mods. My PC's hard drive failed and when I got my PC back NoGrip was down, so I have nothing from that site now. Hopefully there will be a good amount of mods for GTL and GTR2 soon.

I think it would be great to have categories, It'd be easy to do it now when there is less mods, so when there are a lot of mods you wont have to worry about it, and of course it will be easier for people to find stuff.
With the demise of Nogrip, GTR and GTL deserve a mainstream home.
And to those modders and authors who's work i have uploaded to the gtr2 and gtl sections,
i do believe you can get your work reassigned back to you, so you can edit,rework,update it or get it removed. I'm sure this can be clarified but i certainly hope it won't be the latter. your work is fantastic and deserves to be here!

Last edited:
With the demise of Nogrip, GTR and GTL deserve a mainstream home.
And to those modders and authors who's work i have uploaded to the gtr2 and gtl sections,
i do believe you can get your work reassigned back to you, so you can edit,rework,update it or get it removed. I'm sure this can be clarified but i certainly hope it won't be the latter. your work is fantastic and deserves to be here!
I think you misread what I said, I haven't actually made any mods for GTL, I just have really enjoyed what other people have made, although I might try and make a couple skins sooner or later.

Sweet, thanks!

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 32 24.8%
  • More leagues

Votes: 26 20.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 23 17.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 14 10.9%
  • Forum trophies