Nogripracing.com gone?

It's already looking that way.
I'm going to put the hd that crashed into the freezer, it's a last resort because I know that's no longer a thing but the stuff on it goes back to 2008.
And I can't find my RT disc:(
You better be playing kylie minogue when you plug it back in, cause you should be so lucky lol.

I have my GTL directory still intact with if I remember correctly over 1000 cars. That being said I have not opened GTL in over 2 years and dont know who made each mod, but if people really wanted I could upload some

Very sad news. I noticed problems but thought it was one of those temporary things.

NoGrip goes back a long, long time, back to the days when RSC and BHMS were active.
It became a haven when things turned ugly on RSC, also when BHMS was semi-abandoned.

While the NoGrip forums are no longer as populated/popular as they once were, it's still a very relevant place. There is a sense of familiarity around, with a mixture of old and new faces populating the forums, be it for the technical questions, assistance and discussions, some still also for online racing reunions.
I just recalled that it's also one of the main hubs for P&G, where there are also dedicated forums for it (which are dear to me - I'd miss those if it all became lost).

Most of all, it would be tragic for the whole scene, to have NoGrip's huge files database lost forever (some 15 years of mod files for various titles).
It was already tragic when BHMS and then RSC went down. Dozens of games had files and mods that were only hosted on BHMS. On RSC forums, there were hundreds of threads with valuable knowledge and files attached. It was all lost. I sincerely hope NoGrip doesn't repeat the sad act, and that someone can put it back online again.
The first thing I thought of when I heard NoGrip, was Blackhole Motorsports. I pretty much started simracing on PC with these two sites, as well as GPLEA. I think I have you to thank for soundpack files, specifically the AC Cobra, probably some others. DucFreak V8 soundpacks were juicy, scary things. Thanks.

I had it also but when i upload it on RD i was take down fast i have learn by mistake so i not upload anything to RD anymore
It was taken down as the DRM team rightfully filed a copyright claim against their own models being used in a game they never authorized. Files that don't violate our ToS are more than welcome though.

Been searching around online for anywhere else I could ask this before I came to this thread, but does anyone have the SHIFT2 Unleashed mods from NGR? I'm looking for Tulib's career mod and all I can seem to find are obviously dead megaupload links. I've messaged a few people on reddit but nobody seems to have a copy.

I will gladly host a site/ftp for everyone to use if someone could upload the files. Like many others i relayed on Nogrip and now i have no mods/patches or cars left.
If anyone is interested in uploading please drop me a mail at anders @ hostconnect.se

If the NG owner reads this, please consider offering the content and/or downloads if any of this is backed up to someone else to take over. It sucks that one individual decides when so much of value to so many people should just be taken away. If the NG owner has quit because of finance or just a lack of interest that's fine. If I was in that position I would offer NG up for anyone willing to take it over. I couldn't personally just shut stuff like NG down and p*ss off. lol

This is as an official response as you're likely to get for now.

Where did it go? - The server contract expired.

Will it come back? - If the owner sorts out a new host and so on. There's a full backup of the data as of when it went offline stored in a safe place, so its not impossible.

How do I know this? - because I'm running servers and things.

please dont PM me about this, I dont want anything more to do with it

what host is used for NoGripForums sites?

If the NG owner reads this, please consider offering the content and/or downloads if any of this is backed up to someone else to take over. It sucks that one individual decides when so much of value to so many people should just be taken away. If the NG owner has quit because of finance or just a lack of interest that's fine. If I was in that position I would offer NG up for anyone willing to take it over. I couldn't personally just shut stuff like NG down and p*ss off. lol

yeah, just reply wibble

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back