Nogripracing.com gone?

Open the website, stop having it be closed.

Please, after the fall of NoGripRacing, you got to open the site up, you're basically the last place left with any good rfactor mods.

Also, Please unban me, all I wanted was help with the EnduRacers Classics mods.

Sincerely,
umatbru (aka Matt Y)

It's a pity really as i'm sure most of us have backup files for our favourite games. I've got a ton of GTR2 files i've collected over the years. But i've just recently started playing Race07/GTRE again and there's comparatively nothing available for this game anywhere other than there was at NoGrip.
It's probably much the same story for the other less popular titles whose mods were hosted there.

Weissbier's logons no longer work, I've got an account there but can't get in. Also it's an unsecure connection site so am unwilling to sign up afresh.
Rennsimulanten is a new one on me though, so will give that a whirl thanks. :)

what host is used for NoGripForums sites?
Check one of my earlier posts for the host site. Basically the site was sold a few years ago to an anonymous domain holding group, it was hosted on a French site (one of the largest hosting sites in the world).

FWIW, and this is pure hearsay, I've heard the new owner(s) bought the site because of its popularity and deemed it profitable. When it ultimately wasn't showing the profit they expected they shut it down. Whether it has been archived or completely lost I've no idea. The most recent estimation of the site's value I've found was from about a year ago - just over $16k ....too bad they didn't just put it up for sale.

Check one of my earlier posts for the host site. Basically the site was sold a few years ago to an anonymous domain holding group, it was hosted on a French site (one of the largest hosting sites in the world).

FWIW, and this is pure hearsay, I've heard the new owner(s) bought the site because of its popularity and deemed it profitable. When it ultimately wasn't showing the profit they expected they shut it down. Whether it has been archived or completely lost I've no idea. The most recent estimation of the site's value I've found was from about a year ago - just over $16k ....too bad they didn't just put it up for sale.

It turns out he using godaddy.com too, thanks for your information

wait the second...... nogripracing.com was registered under godaddy.com!!!!

"It changed ownership in Feb. 2014 and "public access to Nogripracing ownership data is restricted due to privacy matters"; previous owner was Eamonn O'Doherty. Domain is registered through GoDaddy to "Registration Private Domains By Proxy, LLC" and doesn't expire til Jan 2019. Since June 2015 they have been hosted by OVH SAS in France."

Anyone got ducfreaks excellent P911-SA sounds, for Porsche 911 Carrera RSR LMSA GTL mod by Brickyard?
I got the mod but deleted the sounds by mistake, if so can you upload to GTL misc section or upload the mod please. Thanks.

Last edited:
I only heard about NoGrip had got shut down around two days ago. I feel so bad. I might try and get in touch with the French company who hosts the website and see if I can get any more information of what's happened. Hopefully someone can also find out whats up with the guy who ran the site. In the meantime, have a cached part of the site from Google that I managed to find: http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...ne=14&f=116&num=1&hl=en&gl=au&strip=1&vwsrc=0

I've a copy of the community created SCC 2.49c mod together with some fixes. AFAIK the only links for it were in a thread. I'll try and upload it on mediafire (its over 1.5gb) but credits will be a pain to get properly.

Hey guys, so i looked in to buying the domain. its registered through godaddy.com, but its not for sale. However, im thinking about buying the domain Nogripracing.net...if i do, i will need your help spreading the word and getting download files on there. I really wish i had access to the original files on nogripracing.com for gtr2. There were downloads on there that i cannot find anywhere else such as the 12 hrs of sebring track, the lime rock track with the hilarious glitch with the car in the middle of the road, various rolex sports car series cars, daytona prototype cars, etc. If i get NoGripRacing.net, how many of you would be willing to help me out? I love this site, but it just feels empty as far as mods go.

Hey guys, so i looked in to buying the domain. its registered through godaddy.com, but its not for sale. However, im thinking about buying the domain Nogripracing.net...if i do, i will need your help spreading the word and getting download files on there. I really wish i had access to the original files on nogripracing.com for gtr2. There were downloads on there that i cannot find anywhere else such as the 12 hrs of sebring track, the lime rock track with the hilarious glitch with the car in the middle of the road, various rolex sports car series cars, daytona prototype cars, etc. If i get NoGripRacing.net, how many of you would be willing to help me out? I love this site, but it just feels empty as far as mods go.
Honestly, unless you have the money and the server space to back it all up, I wouldn't recommend making a new site. What I'd do is look into a program named Resilio Sync, which is similar to a torrent service but is more like a group subversion, wherein a host posts folders and files, a bunch of people start downloading them, then later on more stuff can be added.

Otherwise keep all your backups to yourself, either offline on portable HDs (risky in the event something happens to them) or online on a multitude of sites; ideally MediaFire, Google Drive and MS OneDrive at the very least.

ok, but you need a new domain for wibble

Attention! Attention!
for everyone who bringing back Nogripracing.com, we have mission for you:
1. Collect a files from Nogripracing.com
2. buy a new domain for Nogripracing.com
3. talk to friend or other people to bring a your Nogripracing.com files or new Nogripracing.com domain
4.Make your own backup for your Nogripracing.com files
5. post your files to RaceDepartement.com
users are required to bring your Nogripracing.com files or new Nogripracing.com domain
Share this post for other people who miss Nogripracing.com
Sorry for bad grammar
Sincerely,
Alif Maharendra Sihombing​

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back