European v1.1 Patch for GTR 2

Misc European v1.1 Patch for GTR 2 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
ok, I am not a fan of running unsigned executable files or using nocd patches (mostly because viruses). that being said, there is a way to enable porsches and ferraris yourself. Download any hex editor (HxD is great) and load the gtr2 exe from within the hex editor.

Without getting too technical, the game loads the names of manufactures to exclude from some strings in the file. If you go to offset 0026CFC0 (blue numbers on the left of screen in HxD), you will see the text "MTR.PORSCHE.FERRARI" on the right hand window. (if you cant find the offset, just search for ferrari and stop when you see this line).
Click at the start of the text for the words PORSCHE and FERRARI and then overwrite them with some other character i.e. GERRARI and GORSCHE (just type a key, DONT PRESS DELETE OR BACKSPACE, it will overwrite as you type). click save, and run the game like normal.
Now the game will try prevent you from loading car manufacturers called GERRARI and load up FERRARI just fine.

I have the retail and steam copies of the game, i just dont have a cd/dvd drive to use the physical media.

ok, I am not a fan of running unsigned executable files or using nocd patches (mostly because viruses). that being said, there is a way to enable porsches and ferraris yourself. Download any hex editor (HxD is great) and load the gtr2 exe from within the hex editor.

Without getting too technical, the game loads the names of manufactures to exclude from some strings in the file. If you go to offset 0026CFC0 (blue numbers on the left of screen in HxD), you will see the text "MTR.PORSCHE.FERRARI" on the right hand window. (if you cant find the offset, just search for ferrari and stop when you see this line).
Click at the start of the text for the words PORSCHE and FERRARI and then overwrite them with some other character i.e. GERRARI and GORSCHE (just type a key, DONT PRESS DELETE OR BACKSPACE, it will overwrite as you type). click save, and run the game like normal.
Now the game will try prevent you from loading car manufacturers called GERRARI and load up FERRARI just fine.

I have the retail and steam copies of the game, i just dont have a cd/dvd drive to use the physical media.
Thank you!

Last edited:
No need to install it as the update is already done in this Anniversary Patch.

Taken out of the readme for Anniversary Patch install::
- ALL PATCHES ARE INCLUDED IN HQ ANNIVERSARY PATCH SO DO NOT INSTALL SIMBIN PATCH 1.1 OR NOCD OR 4GB PATCH !!!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back