Nogripracing.com gone?

I also have a lot of RT-stuff, even some "new" one (mainly polished bits/new skins).
It's funny, I rediscovered RT two month ago after 10 years of absence and downloaded all the stuff from NoGrip. I even gave answer to some questions in the forum there - must have been the last entries made :D
So, if RT gets its own download-section, I'm willing to upload.
Despite its limitations, RT is really a timeless piece - and unique until a new serious rally simulation with classic cars is published.
The lost of NoGripRacing is a hard cut for old and new RT-addicts - but with some contribution we can hold it up for the future :thumbsup:

I guess this is a case of "You're gonna miss me when I'm gone". I had a catastrophic failure and lost lots of data, including some great old GTL and P&G cars and tracks. I assumed I could go back and get them someday (have been spending time on AC), and alas, when i went to find them, they are no longer there. Very sad, because there were a few cars that were gifts, I'm not a modder, and now it looks like they will be gone forever.. I was searching on what happened to nogrip, and ended up here. Oh well, time to expand my horizons perhaps. Oh yeah, this old girl never learned her lesson. Save early , save often, save in more than 2 places......
Try Festbeirbude they have a bunch of power and glory add ons and tracks, not as much as nogrip but a good bit.

The lost of NoGripRacing is a hard cut for old and new RT-addicts
Do you have any idea how many people still play this game? We can support anything with a d/l database but like NG and other sites we don't have an unlimited HDD and i rather have support for newer games where a vast amount of players downloads files then being a storage of modding files for a handful of people still playing RT. No offence of course.

Do you have any idea how many people still play this game? We can support anything with a d/l database but like NG and other sites we don't have an unlimited HDD and i rather have support for newer games where a vast amount of players downloads files then being a storage of modding files for a handful of people still playing RT. No offence of course.

Bram, ok, shame but fair enough.

You guys that have RT files, I'll PM you all within 48 hours of this post time. I have a possible idea, just need to think it through. Please come back to check your PM's in a couple of days.

Think you have missed the question. How many people still play RT in 2018?

I didn't miss the question. No, not many and I understand you want to be a resource for people not a storage facility for old files. I said fair enough which it is.

To the guys with the RT files, after crunching some numbers my potential idea won't be possible. I simply won't have the time to invest for what I had hoped. I'd suggest you either just hold on to your files and be content you got them before they disappeared. If you wish to help others, maybe post a link to the files via Dropbox or Google or some similar file sharing site. Drop a link in this thread and anywhere else you see talk of people wanting RT files. Totally up to each of you of course. I just hate seeing sites vanish and files go.

..well, it seems that RT is too old to be hosted here.
Regarding the fact that it's only 1 - old - game, the total amount of files/mods is not that high in terms of today's data-monsters (games with a 26GB standard installation..).
I checked my hosting (managed hosting, no dedicated server) and can provide the space. The traffic for my account is unlimited, although as shared server the performance could drop with many people downloading. Don't know.
But I don't like the idea of having only files on the server and links spreaded over some forums. So I want to build a simple, comprehensive website with all files linked in categories and perhaps a help site with basic tips.
I'll start as soon as possible and will provide the link to the website here - until then everyone who's searching RT-stuff should visit nogripracing in the internet archive: https://web.archive.org/web/20171118064415/http://www.nogripracing.com:80/files.php?maincat=1
and ask for specific files found there in this thread.

..well, it seems that RT is too old to be hosted here.
Regarding the fact that it's only 1 - old - game, the total amount of files/mods is not that high in terms of today's data-monsters (games with a 26GB standard installation..).
I checked my hosting (managed hosting, no dedicated server) and can provide the space. The traffic for my account is unlimited, although as shared server the performance could drop with many people downloading. Don't know.
But I don't like the idea of having only files on the server and links spreaded over some forums. So I want to build a simple, comprehensive website with all files linked in categories and perhaps a help site with basic tips.
I'll start as soon as possible and will provide the link to the website here - until then everyone who's searching RT-stuff should visit nogripracing in the internet archive: https://web.archive.org/web/20171118064415/http://www.nogripracing.com:80/files.php?maincat=1
and ask for specific files found there in this thread.

Thanks for the archive link. But is it possible to still download stuff that way ?

The closure of Nogripracing is a pity for a GTR2-fan like me. It was a big source of skins and mods for GTR2.

Thanks for the archive link. But is it possible to still download stuff that way ?

The closure of Nogripracing is a pity for a GTR2-fan like me. It was a big source of skins and mods for GTR2.
Glad to say we have a GTR2 download section here and I would expect it's activity to grow with the demise of NG.

...unfortunately no :( If it would be possible, the disappearance of NG would not affect so many gamers. But the downloads at NG were only accessible to members and since archive.org has not mirrored the whole site-achitecture, but only the generated HTML-output, it's simply not possible to log in. I also doubt they mirrored the hosted files...

With the exception of some smaller files, such as skins, I think most of the GTR2 and GTL downloads on NoGrip are available on other sites.

I have at least a dozen or so CDs/DVDs of downloads for each sim, am sure many others do also, we could all compare notes and see what we might have saved that isn't available elsewhere.

I think the true loss is the years of hints, tips, fixes, stories, etc., in the forums.

I think the true loss is the years of hints, tips, fixes, stories, etc., in the forums.
I think we have a fairly knowledgeable bunch here on RD, so I think help will always be on hand. Don't get me wrong, I'll miss NG, but we survived RSC and BHM going so I suspect we'll muddle through.:)

With the exception of some smaller files, such as skins, I think most of the GTR2 and GTL downloads on NoGrip are available on other sites.

I'm missing all GTL/GTR2 files from 2016 onwards as I didn't download anything during that period. I'm trying to chase up GTR2 tracks atm and it is quite a challenge. Anyone willing to upload GTL/GTR2 files here would be a great help.
Have there been any huge releases for these games last 2 years I should particularly be looking for? I haven't been around so no idea what I've missed.

Wibble said that NGR went down because the server contract expired. It has been three weeks since NGR went down, when is that site coming back up?

(sigh) I wish F1Classic would open up in the wake of the NGR shut down, and have less fascistic moderators. I was banned from the former just for finding bugs in their mods for EnduRacers.

.... How many people still play RT in 2018?

In September GPL will officially be 20 years old (I still have my old alpha disc from April '98), yet it still has an active following with new mods and tracks appearing. RT is not that old and remains a popular rally sim (still more realistic than most, and not as much a kludge as the vaunted RBR). It suffered a slump a few years ago when you could not access the control calibration/assignment screen in Vista or Win7, but eventually a mod addressed that; there's also a wide screen mod.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back