Nissan GT500 Released for rFactor 2

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Nissan GT500 rFactor 2 Release.jpg

Studio 397 have been rather busy lately developing and releasing their first new build for rFactor 2, and now the studio have dropped a nice little surprise on players just before the jolly fat man in red comes to visit on Sunday - releasing the long awaiting Nissan GT500 from the 2013 Japanese SuperGT Championship!

Previewed as early as 2013, the Nissan GT500 is an extremely impressive piece of technology that went on to great success over in Japan's premier GT series during recent seasons. Weighing in a just 1,100kg and kicking out an awesome 530bhp, the Nissan is a high performance, high technology and high downforce GT race car that perfectly showcases the often underrated SuperGT series over in Japan.

Following seemingly endless years of preview and speculation about this car in rFactor 2, finally Studio 397 have surprised fans of the title by adding the vehicle as a free download for the simulation, available immediately. Featuring four official liveries from the 2013 racing season, the Nissan GT500 can be downloaded via the rFactor 2 Steam Workshop page now.

rF2 Studio 397 Nissan GT500.png

rFactor 2 is available to purchase for PC on Steam now. Recently benefiting from the removal of paid online access, the game is currently 50% off in the Steam Winter Sale.

For further information on the future of rFactor 2, check out the December Development Roadmap post here.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment to take part in some of the best League and Club Racing events on the internet. Interact with our vibrant rFactor community in our dedicated rFactor 2 sub forum, download mods for the game or share a setup or two for your favourite cars.

Are you happy to see the release of the GT500 after such a long wait? Does the new momentum of the sim since Studio 397 took over development encourage you as to the future of rFactor 2? Have you tried the car, and has it been worth the wait? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
That's weird, I love the sound. Strange how 2 people can perceive something so different. Now the Star mazda on Iracing, there is a godawful sounding car.
I think something is wrong with sounds, The GT500 sounds absolutely nothing like the Fr3.5 to me but others are saying its the same?? tested both again and no similarity at all. are you all driving from cockpit or some bonnet some cockpit. I never drive anything but from the seat. Bonnet and TV view is a different sound file as it should be.

I think something is wrong with sounds, The GT500 sounds absolutely nothing like the Fr3.5 to me but others are saying its the same?? tested both again and no similarity at all. are you all driving from cockpit or some bonnet some cockpit. I never drive anything but from the seat. Bonnet and TV view is a different sound file as it should be.

Sounds pretty much the same to me at least in these videos, it sounds like exactly the same sample used in both but with some sound filter applied on the GT500.

Because the lights in rF2 works more like real life, it won't make huge ligths at daytime like AMS/rF1, etc, but yeah the sunset needs adjustments, it is taking a bit too long for them to start being seen, had a race with time acceleration and the sunset was a pain to see, I know this time of the day usually also sucks IRL but the lights have a bit more effect at least
Indeed. This is what i meant. Just a boost during sundown/sunup. No crazy sunlight headlights. :)

About the sound on Nissan 500 its a bit weak on the bass i think. Tested the GT1 GTR and it has so juicy engine sound. Switched into the 500 and its very weak bass wise. Outside sound is nice though.

Still a thief though. Using pirated software is theft. End of, no excuses. You and your type do not help our hobby. And I doubt the mods you made were done on a legit RF2 licence.:(:thumbsdown: I wouldn't trust you at all. What would you feel like if someone stole from your business?
Jesus Christ, get off your high horse!

He wanted to make sure his PC was able to run the game, and once confirmed, bought it.

I bet you were a hell of a hall monitor in grade school.

Hi guys, first time posting, I got the game a few days ago, I am already a player of AC, AMS, R3E, Pcars but I really wanting to see what all the fuss about the tire model was in Rfactor.
So far I am enjoying the gameplay and physics but the actual game and content is so poorly executed.

Anyway my question is, when installing mods I have seen people say put the track file in the "packages" folder, however I do not have one, do I put the track mods in the "cache" folder?

Thanks

Hi guys, first time posting, I got the game a few days ago, I am already a player of AC, AMS, R3E, Pcars but I really wanting to see what all the fuss about the tire model was in Rfactor.
So far I am enjoying the gameplay and physics but the actual game and content is so poorly executed.

Anyway my question is, when installing mods I have seen people say put the track file in the "packages" folder, however I do not have one, do I put the track mods in the "cache" folder?

Thanks
You can put your downloaded files whereever you like on your hard-drive(s). In rFactor, click on the box, then near the bottom of the window, click on the plus button to "add a packages directory" (I don't know what the term is, but this is what you do with that button) and then navigate to where you downloaded stuff. I've got 2 folders, one for tracks and one for cars and have both added using that method.

Regarding lights we talked about before i saw this video, and it has WAAAAY more light than i have... Is it possible to tweak some values perhaps cause i can barely see anything?

That's mainly track lights.

A few builds ago it was like this: dark but doable.
It's already much brighter now.

If you can't see the road in that video. You have dark monitors. Some monitors clip blacks to full black beyond a certain range. Little nuances in black are gone that way.
So make sure you have good calibrated monitors.
thx-brightness-pattern-100538283-orig.jpg

In this picture there is a drop shadow behind the THX.

Thanks
Seems like new installs are not creating the packages folder so you have to do it manually, no idea why S397 didn't fix it yet since the goal of Steam move was to release fixes faster

i totally cant understand why you call RF2 darn difficult , its one off the most easy to handle sim , hardware and software wise.
It's entirely possible that your YMMV. For me no matter what I do no matter how hard I try no matter how much the community helps me I get sucked into endless testing and fiddling. I just want to race. I have filled dozens and of notebooks with testing, fiddling and modding rF2. To be fair, I am a true believer that being technical opens the door to more in life and it's awesome how much you can tweak, test and optimize in rF2. It's truly an amazing and endless hobby and in very large part necessarily so. I am just personally no longer looking for a hobby that involves much testing other than my vehicle setups and strategy.

It's entirely possible that your YMMV. For me no matter what I do no matter how hard I try no matter how much the community helps me I get sucked into endless testing and fiddling. I just want to race. I have filled dozens and of notebooks with testing, fiddling and modding rF2. To be fair, I am a true believer that being technical opens the door to more in life and it's awesome how much you can tweak, test and optimize in rF2. It's truly an amazing and endless hobby and in very large part necessarily so. I am just personally no longer looking for a hobby that involves much testing other than my vehicle setups and strategy.

Hi Kevin i might agree with you are not If i only knew what in the name is YMMV i remember a song but that was YMCA totally something different i hope:):):)

For me rF2 is pretty much plug and play, especially now when it's on Steam and all ISI/S397 content downloads automatically. Basically FFB settings, graphics settings, sound settings and wheel settings (when you load the right profile for each wheel) are if not perfect, at least pretty good on default values. If you talk about difficulty when you get into modding and more complex things, then I can agree, it takes a bit more effort to understand that. But for a user that doesn't want to get into these things, the default install is good enough most likely (same couldn't be said about rF1 which had almost no stock content and required almost a hundred parameters to be adjusted in FFB alone).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

Votes: 114 9.6%
  • No

Votes: 1,069 90.4%
Back