Nissan GT500 Released for rFactor 2

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Nissan GT500 rFactor 2 Release.jpg

Studio 397 have been rather busy lately developing and releasing their first new build for rFactor 2, and now the studio have dropped a nice little surprise on players just before the jolly fat man in red comes to visit on Sunday - releasing the long awaiting Nissan GT500 from the 2013 Japanese SuperGT Championship!

Previewed as early as 2013, the Nissan GT500 is an extremely impressive piece of technology that went on to great success over in Japan's premier GT series during recent seasons. Weighing in a just 1,100kg and kicking out an awesome 530bhp, the Nissan is a high performance, high technology and high downforce GT race car that perfectly showcases the often underrated SuperGT series over in Japan.

Following seemingly endless years of preview and speculation about this car in rFactor 2, finally Studio 397 have surprised fans of the title by adding the vehicle as a free download for the simulation, available immediately. Featuring four official liveries from the 2013 racing season, the Nissan GT500 can be downloaded via the rFactor 2 Steam Workshop page now.

rF2 Studio 397 Nissan GT500.png

rFactor 2 is available to purchase for PC on Steam now. Recently benefiting from the removal of paid online access, the game is currently 50% off in the Steam Winter Sale.

For further information on the future of rFactor 2, check out the December Development Roadmap post here.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment to take part in some of the best League and Club Racing events on the internet. Interact with our vibrant rFactor community in our dedicated rFactor 2 sub forum, download mods for the game or share a setup or two for your favourite cars.

Are you happy to see the release of the GT500 after such a long wait? Does the new momentum of the sim since Studio 397 took over development encourage you as to the future of rFactor 2? Have you tried the car, and has it been worth the wait? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Convince me to buy Rfactor 2 please, have been willing to take the plunge for a while now but never really bought it for some reason and since it's 15 $ on steam sale right now.

Some of the mods look great (Enduracers)
So please help me out :D

2 Wasn't this already in Rfactor 2 as official content? I can remember there was a similair GTR GT car in the demo once.

I just have buy rFactor 2 was a gift for my self,they deserve our money,also i was runing on a cracked version updated whit all runing great,was a test,since my PC as almost 9 years old,im suprised to how runs very stable at 50fps whit all in max,medium,that push me to buy rFactor 2 even more,but whit a garage,son,house and parrot games are for last :)
And now i can bring more mods to the comunity hehe :p
Happy Christmas for all :D

Convince me to buy Rfactor 2 please, have been willing to take the plunge for a while now but never really bought it for some reason and since it's 15 $ on steam sale right now.

2 Wasn't this already in Rfactor 2 as official content? I can remember there was a similair GTR GT car in the demo once.
No wasnt in ISI content there was a nissan GTR3 and GTR1 isi or 3thrd party not sure atm I advise BUY
1 best ffb in sim world and its criminal CHEAP now (even at 100%) with free online acces FOR EVER

Last edited:

I just bought it. Yes, the graphics are ****, some of the content is shaky, and the "game" part is non-existent. But... I've done a little light racing myself - autocross and Spec Miata. rF2 feels so much closer to actually driving a car on a track than anything else I've tried - rF1 and its many descendants, R3E, iRacing, etc. If that's what's important to you (and it should be, right?), then you won't regret it.

• Deleted member 130869

Get the original (1986) Toyota Celica GTO and the Lola T280 car mods. For tracks, look for Virtua_LM releases, Le Mans Bugatti, Nogaro, Virginia, and Road America. It's a very limited portfolio but for $15, it's tough to go wrong on that "gamble." And existing content should finally be put back on the map to receive terribly needed updates (hopefully, some day before 2050) with the new management.

I just have buy rFactor 2 was a gift for my self,they deserve our money,also i was runing on a cracked version updated whit all runing great,was a test,since my PC as almost 9 years old,im suprised to how runs very stable at 50fps whit all in max,medium,that push me to buy rFactor 2 even more,but whit a garage,son,house and parrot games are for last :)
And now i can bring more mods to the comunity hehe :p
Happy Christmas for all :D

Happy Christmas my arse. You were running a pirate version? You are a thief and an hypocrite. Don't try and justify it by saying you will buy it now. Honest sim fans like me buy our stuff, strange but true. If I had the power I would ban you for life. Unfortunately I haven't. Some people are beyond my understanding. I detest cheats and I detest thieves.

edit: if we were all like you and just used stolen cracked versions, there would be no Sim developers on the PC.

Last edited:
Happy Christmas my arse. You were running a pirate version? You are a thief and an hypocrite. Don't try and justify it by saying you will buy it now. Honest sim fans like me buy our stuff, strange but true. If I had the power I would ban you for life. Unfortunately I haven't. Some people are beyond my understanding. I detest cheats and I detest thieves.

edit: if we were all like you and just used stolen cracked versions, there would be no Sim developers on the PC.
A thieve?Looool,ok then,but honest im whit you,like i said,it was only for tests proposes in my old PC,right now i own a legit copy of RF2,also the mods that i made for RF2 was developed on a legitime RF2,i already feel bad for saying that on my post,dont need to put me down,i have my own businees,and im very honest whit my clients.

Bought. But now i feel like a dork. I went to the workshop page and thought i was gonna get some extra content (mods) before i fire it up for the first time and i downloaded a couple of Image Space Incorporated tracks... And just realized ISI(!) tracks probably already are in the sim when you buy it? :O_o::D

Hope its not messed up now. I went through all folders but i cant find tracks/vehicles anywhere except the mixed "cache" folder. AMS has "vehicles"/"locations" folders and since it was built on rF(?) i thought it would have similar structure.

Anyway, thanks Studio 397 for the new car! :thumbsup:

A thieve?Looool,ok then,but honest im whit you,like i said,it was only for tests proposes in my old PC,right now i own a legit copy of RF2,also the mods that i made for RF2 was developed on a legitime RF2,i already feel bad for saying that on my post,dont need to put me down,i have my own businees,and im very honest whit my clients.
Still a thief though. Using pirated software is theft. End of, no excuses. You and your type do not help our hobby. And I doubt the mods you made were done on a legit RF2 licence.:(:thumbsdown: I wouldn't trust you at all. What would you feel like if someone stole from your business?

Bought. But now i feel like a dork. I went to the workshop page and thought i was gonna get some extra content (mods) before i fire it up for the first time and i downloaded a couple of Image Space Incorporated tracks... And just realized ISI(!) tracks probably already are in the sim when you buy it? :O_o::D

Hope its not messed up now. I went through all folders but i cant find tracks/vehicles anywhere except the mixed "cache" folder. AMS has "vehicles"/"locations" folders and since it was built on rF(?) i thought it would have similar structure.

For rF2 the file and folder structures are different as the mods are special package files, were as rF1 and automobilista mods come in Gamedata/Locations/etc. It won't ruin your game mate don't worry ;)

Search for a folder called "installed".
Workshop very often automatically installs numerous versions of a same mod. Sometimes it can be a PITA to remove old versions that you no longer need.

you can get a lot off content go to launcher / workshop and subscribe what cars / tracksyou want , there are 174 cars/tracks that you can download , for FREE , after that close launcher and start again then all will be downloaded and installed automaticly .

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back