Nissan GT500 Released for rFactor 2

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Nissan GT500 rFactor 2 Release.jpg

Studio 397 have been rather busy lately developing and releasing their first new build for rFactor 2, and now the studio have dropped a nice little surprise on players just before the jolly fat man in red comes to visit on Sunday - releasing the long awaiting Nissan GT500 from the 2013 Japanese SuperGT Championship!

Previewed as early as 2013, the Nissan GT500 is an extremely impressive piece of technology that went on to great success over in Japan's premier GT series during recent seasons. Weighing in a just 1,100kg and kicking out an awesome 530bhp, the Nissan is a high performance, high technology and high downforce GT race car that perfectly showcases the often underrated SuperGT series over in Japan.

Following seemingly endless years of preview and speculation about this car in rFactor 2, finally Studio 397 have surprised fans of the title by adding the vehicle as a free download for the simulation, available immediately. Featuring four official liveries from the 2013 racing season, the Nissan GT500 can be downloaded via the rFactor 2 Steam Workshop page now.

rF2 Studio 397 Nissan GT500.png

rFactor 2 is available to purchase for PC on Steam now. Recently benefiting from the removal of paid online access, the game is currently 50% off in the Steam Winter Sale.

For further information on the future of rFactor 2, check out the December Development Roadmap post here.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment to take part in some of the best League and Club Racing events on the internet. Interact with our vibrant rFactor community in our dedicated rFactor 2 sub forum, download mods for the game or share a setup or two for your favourite cars.

Are you happy to see the release of the GT500 after such a long wait? Does the new momentum of the sim since Studio 397 took over development encourage you as to the future of rFactor 2? Have you tried the car, and has it been worth the wait? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
That was the case for me, too, when I converted. Perhaps new purchasers are getting a different procedure?

you now can delete all the items you dont want from your map installed and it wont come back / check workshop and unsubscribe from isi stuff you dont want ( i believe it already shows as unsubscribed) and thats all if unsubscibed and deleted it wont come back automaticly anymore since new build

rF2 doesnt come with any content on Steam that I am aware of besides the "demo" content. Used to be Atlanta motorsports park and the cobra if i recall correctly.

Absolutely baffling why ISI/S397 decided to do it this way. 1 step forward, 2 back. No one wants to go to the workshop to download the stuff that should come with the games install in the first place.

That was the case for me, too, when I converted. Perhaps new purchasers are getting a different procedure?

Nah it's pure misinformation what was posted regarding this. I reinstalled rF2 a couple of days ago and it downloaded all the workshop content just like always. And regarding "no one wants to download the stuff that should come with the game", @natedogg1867 is wrong, many people have complained about the fact that all ISI content is downloaded on first install of rF2. So no matter what S397/ISI does, people will complain :).

Still a thief though. Using pirated software is theft. End of, no excuses. You and your type do not help our hobby. And I doubt the mods you made were done on a legit RF2 licence.:(:thumbsdown: I wouldn't trust you at all. What would you feel like if someone stole from your business?

Haha.

I in example had cracked iR back in '08 or something, before I subscribed in 2/2009(and continuing). But frak yeah it was useful to try first and then decided buy or not.

Just like I have dl'd(and still do) albums first in 320/flacs and bought them afterwards. What ever you say more about this, I'm not interested. And in general it's not wise to start to throw stones you know...

Haha.

I in example had cracked iR back in '08 or something, before I subscribed in 2/2009(and continuing). But frak yeah it was useful to try first and then decided buy or not.

You are free to use what methods you wish, but I wouldn't go on an official forum talking about it and expecting to get :thumbsup: feedback. Piracy has killed many PC games and it doesn't help that you advertise the procedure here.

Nah it's pure misinformation what was posted regarding this.

No need to go on with this tripe m8.

I am sharing my experience of how it was to install the game... which other people have since verified. No need to say I am lying.

And it really is an awful way to provide content. Why in the world do you not provide the files with the install on Steam? I understood why when it was standalone and ISI wanted you to go to their website to download individual files... but that is more so because the hardcore players were the only ones playing. Some newcomer who is more on the less-hardcore side of things isnt going to want to go to the workshop and sift through endless files just to download the official content.

If the reason they did this is as Marc mentioned above, that seems like a programming error. They could just provide content like a number of other sims do, where you download it all, and if you dont want to use (X) car or :thumbsup: track, you simply delete it from the games install folder and it never re-appears.

If bandwidth is the concern for that... well... it's 2016 and the games install is only ~20 GB. That is not a concern for most of the world.

They could just provide content like a number of other sims do, where you download it all, and if you dont want to use (X) car or :thumbsup: track, you simply delete it from the games install folder and it never re-appears.
That is not a robust long term solution, since it assumes that you have the space to be able to install it in the first place. Also, content come back or new ones get added after updates, or when you verify integrity.

Also, weren't you the one making a circus some time ago about AMS installing content you didn't use?

Last edited:
I do think this 60fps isnt to blaim rfactor its something your side cuz iam am running everything full and doing 106 up to 134 fps in rf2 and i dont have stuttering
I turned off sync in the sim and use adaptive vsync in nvidia control panel and now its 60FPS. I still see some dips when i add just a few AI. In AC on max graphics i have 250FPS on Nords. I do think rF2 needs DX11 and more "power".

Took to plunge and bought it, And OMG this is fantastic, still don't really know how the whole modding thing works though, i can only drive a few series but my mods don't show up for some reason (But lets leave that to a separate thread)

This is just great! drove the karts and the sound was just amazing, shame i can't find any Shifter kart while there are a lot of videos about them for some reason? :)

Thanks Studio 397! (And ISI)
I clicked to download all stuff from ISI and then started the sim and it would download all mods while in the configurator (launcher). You have to be online on Steam though and maybe you had the same issue as me yesterday where Steam would be down somehow/somewhere and it would skip some mods while starting the sim. Check workshop that you have the "ticks" next to all the mods you want and if not just click subscribe again and then start the sim and wait at the launcher for it to download all.

RD Christmas special: ;)
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/halfords-staff-christmas-go-karting-trophy.97763/

To install:
- unzip
- copy the .rfcmp file in the rfactor2/packages folder
- open the launcher.
- click on the "empty-box"
- select the mod you want to install
- click install
- have fun.
Thanks!

Maybe you know, but if i downloaded all ISI content can i delete the rFactor2/cache content? Its 11.4GB and as i understand its that content that should be downloaded on first installation of rF2.

This is not a robust long term solution, since it assumes that you have the space to be able to install it in the first place.

I suppose this is a problem for someone using an ancient PC... but not really problem for anyone else. 20GB is not significant in 2016.

Also, weren't you the one making a circus some time ago about AMS installing content you didn't use?

No.

I suppose this is a problem for someone using an ancient PC... but not really problem for anyone else. 20GB is not significant in 2016.
20GB which will become more over time as more and more content gets released, is still significant for most modern laptop SSDs, especially if you have a few other programs installed.
rF2 is a serious race sim and not a car collecting game, nor an adventure game that you play through once, and then uninstall. So there is no need to waste space on content you will never use.

will become more over time as more and more content gets released
New S397 content (USF2000, GT500) is not part of the cache or default content... If you want those you need to subscribe to those in the workshop.

can i delete the rFactor2/cache content?
Don't know? I think it will redownload if you verify your install.
I believe @Marcel Offermans is looking into the use of this cache. It must have a purpose?

I agree, the sounds are putting this car back so much! Sounds very similar to their Formula Renault so not really sure what's going on there.

It's probably that it wasn't worth investing a whole bunch of money to record the actual sound, when the formula Renault uses what I think is a Nissan based V8 engine, probably very similar to what's in this older GTR. The new ones all use 4 cylinder engines iirc

Don't know? I think it will redownload if you verify your install.

The cache folder is part of the core install, so when you "validate" it in the Steam Client, it will re-download those actual files. As long as you are unsubscribed from them in the workshop, they won't be installed though (which does save you diskspace, not everything, but about half).

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 485 39.0%