Nissan GT500 Released for rFactor 2

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Nissan GT500 rFactor 2 Release.jpg

Studio 397 have been rather busy lately developing and releasing their first new build for rFactor 2, and now the studio have dropped a nice little surprise on players just before the jolly fat man in red comes to visit on Sunday - releasing the long awaiting Nissan GT500 from the 2013 Japanese SuperGT Championship!

Previewed as early as 2013, the Nissan GT500 is an extremely impressive piece of technology that went on to great success over in Japan's premier GT series during recent seasons. Weighing in a just 1,100kg and kicking out an awesome 530bhp, the Nissan is a high performance, high technology and high downforce GT race car that perfectly showcases the often underrated SuperGT series over in Japan.

Following seemingly endless years of preview and speculation about this car in rFactor 2, finally Studio 397 have surprised fans of the title by adding the vehicle as a free download for the simulation, available immediately. Featuring four official liveries from the 2013 racing season, the Nissan GT500 can be downloaded via the rFactor 2 Steam Workshop page now.

rF2 Studio 397 Nissan GT500.png

rFactor 2 is available to purchase for PC on Steam now. Recently benefiting from the removal of paid online access, the game is currently 50% off in the Steam Winter Sale.

For further information on the future of rFactor 2, check out the December Development Roadmap post here.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment to take part in some of the best League and Club Racing events on the internet. Interact with our vibrant rFactor community in our dedicated rFactor 2 sub forum, download mods for the game or share a setup or two for your favourite cars.

Are you happy to see the release of the GT500 after such a long wait? Does the new momentum of the sim since Studio 397 took over development encourage you as to the future of rFactor 2? Have you tried the car, and has it been worth the wait? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Happy Christmas my arse. You were running a pirate version? You are a thief and an hypocrite. Don't try and justify it by saying you will buy it now. Honest sim fans like me buy our stuff, strange but true. If I had the power I would ban you for life. Unfortunately I haven't. Some people are beyond my understanding. I detest cheats and I detest thieves.

edit: if we were all like you and just used stolen cracked versions, there would be no Sim developers on the PC.

You're playing hangman on the higher moral grounds? I hope you haven't downloaded all the rfactor 2 workshop items, eg the work of mr digga. Do you think he made all those tracks himself? If Rastas should be banned, you should be banned too for being openly agressive and attacking someone personally and harsh. He can still have a nice christmas, although cracked content is not a good thing. I have reported your post to the moderators.

Last edited:
I thought he said they were conversions and not scratch made. As long as he got permission I wouldn't call that stealing

Permission from whom? The original content makers?

Someone got permission from him to convert his Oulton park to Assetto Corsa. He got deleted because in the end it was a Iracing rip. But that is not the point.

Last edited:
I just have buy rFactor 2 was a gift for my self,they deserve our money,also i was runing on a cracked version updated whit all runing great,was a test,since my PC as almost 9 years old,...

Why running a cracked version, when there is a demo, if you need to test it, if it runs on your machine? It doesn't make sense.

Thanks @natedogg1867 @Michael Stead

Yeah i figured that was the issue. And yeah i looked for all ISI content and it became tedious after a while so an "all in one" workshop download sounds great. Didnt see it when i was downloading 1 by 1 but i'll check it out later.

BTW do i have to uninstall everything i already downloaded through workshop if i want to go with the ISI-all-in-one or will it see that and skip those i already have?

Yeah i figured that was the issue. And yeah i looked for all ISI content and it became tedious after a while so an "all in one" workshop download sounds great. Didnt see it when i was downloading 1 by 1 but i'll check it out later.

I believe this is the 'all in one' workshop link that I used. Once you 'subscibe' to it, it should automatically download new files that are added to it and install it to your game for you.

Just note, that this is not sponsored by ISI/S397. It's just some random guy that organized all the official stuff. He seems to update it when new content comes along, but not immediately. I dont think he added the Nissan GT-500 car yet.

And I believe @Michael Stead is correct that it should skip what you already have downloaded.

Cheers

Stop caling me thief or whe gona have problems,again,you dont know me to call me names dude,go to your life i forget this.

Threatening me? Come on, what are you going to do? Hunt me down? Do you not regard using stolen cracked sim software as theft? Most of us do here.

I am supprised you are still here, RaceDepartment normally don't like thieves people who use cracked, stolen software despite any excuses they have. Perhaps because it Christmas? :rolleyes:
I asked you previously, as a business man as you stated you were, what would you feel like if someone stole from you?

You're playing hangman on the higher moral grounds? I hope you haven't downloaded all the rfactor 2 workshop items, eg the work of mr digga. Do you think he made all those tracks himself? If Rastas should be banned, you should be banned too for being openly agressive and attacking someone personally and harsh. He can still have a nice christmas, although cracked content is not a good thing. I have reported your post to the moderators.

I haven't been aggressive at all, merely pointed out that there is no place for sim racers that steal cracked games here. Most of us buy the sims and support the devs with money that we have hard earn't by working. And no I haven't downloaded many RF2 workshop items, only the ISI ones actually if that;s OK with you?
Sorry if it upsets you chap, but I don't like anyone who steals anything. Just part of my high moral standards.
Thanks for highlighting this to the moderators though. Cheers. :thumbsup: Merry Christmas.........;)

Watched a few videos about the Enduracers LMP mod, holy jezus the Ligier JS P2 is worth 15 $ alone,

But i've got a question is this really how the AI behaves? or is this some kind of mod because i've never seen this good of a AI before
VV
Yep, it's normal, it's nice that if they go inside but you aren't close enough they'll go back to the outside, seems very real. And better than some human players, hate when people don't defend their position and just let me pass, especially in the end of a race :D

Why running a cracked version, when there is a demo, if you need to test it, if it runs on your machine? It doesn't make sense.
rF2 stuff is not all in the same level of performance, yes cracked version is the best way to test a game like this one, the 2 hours limit for Steam refunds is not enough to check all the possible tweaks, ofc depending on your PC you don't need to test anything
Anyway ISI themselves didn't care much about the cracked versions... especially the multiplayer crack that was only possible due to moving to Steam, they were aware of the first place that posted the crack and never did anything to stop it. It's funny cuz URD can take down their stuff more than ISI what the heck

Last edited:
For all the rF2 newcoverseas try the USF2000 ar Donington. Great combo en great AI.
I did some cars already and the FFB and physics is out of this world. Cars and wheel feel so alive. Only hassle now is the juuust below 60FPS so its constantly stuttering. DX11 i hope will make it 60FPS solid.

But im very happy with the purchase. Multiplayer require you to be on top of your game. Not much room to mess around in rF2, lol. :D

Thanks for doing this.
The right injection that was needed.
People don't see the big picture, this is good for simracing in general.
2017 will be a start of something bigger.
Merry Christmas all.

I haven't been aggressive at all, merely pointed out that there is no place for sim racers that steal cracked games here. Most of us buy the sims and support the devs with money that we have hard earn't by working. And no I haven't downloaded many RF2 workshop items, only the ISI ones actually if that;s OK with you?
Sorry if it upsets you chap, but I don't like anyone who steals anything. Just part of my high moral standards.
Thanks for highlighting this to the moderators though. Cheers. :thumbsup: Merry Christmas.........;)

Well, don't downplay your own writings. Calling an other racedepartment member in the open a thief and an hypocrite is aggressive and not something for this forum. There are many ways to give feedback to someone. Your reply again says enough to me.

Last edited:
Threatening me? Come on, what are you going to do? Hunt me down? Do you not regard using stolen cracked sim software as theft? Most of us do here.

I am supprised you are still here, RaceDepartment normally don't like thieves people who use cracked, stolen software despite any excuses they have. Perhaps because it Christmas? :rolleyes:
I asked you previously, as a business man as you stated you were, what would you feel like if someone stole from you?
I work was a mechanic for 20 years,whit an open garage for almost 5 years,im considered one of the best at my work here in my town,im very know for be honest,and low prices,no one go steal me.
And you are no one to say that i could not use a cracked version for 1 day.
Ohh,and btw,i dont have fault if SOMEONE UPLOADS A CRACKED VERSION ON THE INTERNET KIDO.
And ofcourse that i was never buying rf2 if do not droped the price,i have more place to spend 80€,like food for my son,tools for my work,pay all bills etc,but probabbly you are a rich guy that can buy all the things.
Also right now i have made a contract whit a sim rigs builder here in my country to make/convert mods for the machines,they all are runing RF2 only,yes im been payed to convert mods for private use only,is that a crime too?
I bought the sim,so you dont have to say anything,go to your life,happy racing,christmas etc.

its not your problem! take it easy and merry xmas

I did some cars already and the FFB and physics is out of this world. Cars and wheel feel so alive. Only hassle now is the juuust below 60FPS so its constantly stuttering. DX11 i hope will make it 60FPS solid.

But im very happy with the purchase. Multiplayer require you to be on top of your game. Not much room to mess around in rF2, lol. :D
I do think this 60fps isnt to blaim rfactor its something your side cuz iam am running everything full and doing 106 up to 134 fps in rf2 and i dont have stuttering

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 23 25.3%
  • More leagues

Votes: 20 22.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 19 20.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 9.9%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 6.6%