Nissan GT500 Released for rFactor 2

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Nissan GT500 rFactor 2 Release.jpg

Studio 397 have been rather busy lately developing and releasing their first new build for rFactor 2, and now the studio have dropped a nice little surprise on players just before the jolly fat man in red comes to visit on Sunday - releasing the long awaiting Nissan GT500 from the 2013 Japanese SuperGT Championship!

Previewed as early as 2013, the Nissan GT500 is an extremely impressive piece of technology that went on to great success over in Japan's premier GT series during recent seasons. Weighing in a just 1,100kg and kicking out an awesome 530bhp, the Nissan is a high performance, high technology and high downforce GT race car that perfectly showcases the often underrated SuperGT series over in Japan.

Following seemingly endless years of preview and speculation about this car in rFactor 2, finally Studio 397 have surprised fans of the title by adding the vehicle as a free download for the simulation, available immediately. Featuring four official liveries from the 2013 racing season, the Nissan GT500 can be downloaded via the rFactor 2 Steam Workshop page now.

rF2 Studio 397 Nissan GT500.png

rFactor 2 is available to purchase for PC on Steam now. Recently benefiting from the removal of paid online access, the game is currently 50% off in the Steam Winter Sale.

For further information on the future of rFactor 2, check out the December Development Roadmap post here.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment to take part in some of the best League and Club Racing events on the internet. Interact with our vibrant rFactor community in our dedicated rFactor 2 sub forum, download mods for the game or share a setup or two for your favourite cars.

Are you happy to see the release of the GT500 after such a long wait? Does the new momentum of the sim since Studio 397 took over development encourage you as to the future of rFactor 2? Have you tried the car, and has it been worth the wait? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Took to plunge and bought it, And OMG this is fantastic, still don't really know how the whole modding thing works though, i can only drive a few series but my mods don't show up for some reason (But lets leave that to a separate thread)

This is just great! drove the karts and the sound was just amazing, shame i can't find any Shifter kart while there are a lot of videos about them for some reason? :)

Thanks Studio 397! (And ISI)

Er... I once nicked a mars bar..
I was 7.
Sorry.
However, I do like the new car, good fun.
Nice model.
Let's all hope there is more to come.
I have always thought that if someone put some money into RF2, iracing may get a rival.
It is all there to do, it just needs someone to do it.
Maybe Studio 397 will do it.

bought this game but its not starting with the greatest impression.

Browsing online races, every content fails do download. Its either "package missing" or "bad file descriptor".

help please?

Don't know if this is just me, but when I go into documents there is an rFactor 2 folder and that has a package folder and I've always put them in this destination, you can also change or add multiple destinations where launcher finds your packaged files.

i can see the files being created in packages folder, but very few servers actually let me download and enter. I suppose most packages are not available to download this way and must be installed manually.

rF2 doesnt come with any content on Steam that I am aware of besides the "demo" content. Used to be Atlanta motorsports park and the cobra if i recall correctly.

You are correct, you need to 'subscribe' to all the cars/tracks you want in the workshop for your game to have them. They do not come included by default.

In the workshop, someone compiled a single workshop item that includes all the games official content. So i would recommend looking at that.

Absolutely baffling why ISI/S397 decided to do it this way. 1 step forward, 2 back. No one wants to go to the workshop to download the stuff that should come with the games install in the first place.

Source: Just went through this last month when I moved over my non-steam install.

The reason is because a bunch of people complained that ALL ISI-created content was set to auto-install and they couldn't get rid of it because it would reinstall itself even if you tried to get rid of it. Mumbling about disk space and multiple installs...

You can't satisfy everyone, obviously, but an auto-subscribe to all ISI/S397 content should be a simple option to avoid weaving your way through the badly designed Steam workshop to find all that would normally be installed "out of the box," if we still used boxes ;)

You guys who are asking if RF2 is worth it?......of freakin' course it is! Geeez , bunch a cheap skates!

I love my AMS , RF2 , AC , RRE and all the old simbin titles. Plenty of different car / track combinations in all the sims.

This new Nissan....I say " Heck yeah!! ". The GTR1 that we get with the sim already is one of the coolest and most badass cars in any of the sims. Hopefully this new version is just as good or better....I'll be more happy than a fat kid in an ice cream shop!

Most of these sims are cheap compared to what we have to spend on hard ware , so it baffles me when someone complains about spending $20.00 - $50.00 for a good sim. I don't get it.

Thank you ISI / 397!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back