PC3 Next Project Cars "200% Better Than PCARS 2"

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS Revolution .jpg

Slightly Mad Studios head man Ian Bell has taken to Twitter recently to praise their new game... claiming it to be "200% better" already than the previous release.

Now going under the name of Project CARS Revolution, the third instalment to the successful Project CARS franchise is already well under development at Slightly Mad Studios HQ - and progress is so far advanced that Ian Bell claims the title is already "at least 200% better" than anything Project CARS 2 had to offer.

Criticised by some and loved by others, the last Project CARS game certainly managed to do plenty right despite its often confused nature, so news that the new title is allegedly so far ahead at this reasonably early stage is indeed positive news - even if Bell himself admitted he can be prone to the odd bout of over optimism in the past..

Ian Bell Tweet.jpg

Despite such solid beginnings, Ian Bell did go on to warn people that a release date will only be confirmed once the studio feel the software is ready to release, so don't expect it to be dropping anytime in the next few weeks.. although some more previews and information will surely start being drip fed by Bell and SMS as the hype train begins ahead of a public release.

Just to clarify - the above image is from PCARS 2..

Keep an eye out in the Project CARS Revolution sub forum here at RaceDepartment as a place to hang out and discuss the upcoming new game.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Just sort out the AI, no need for any Mickey mouse arcade rewinds
I have to agree with the rewind. As much as I want realism, I don't race for a living but still would like to enjoy it. I only do 100% races in the F1 games. Without the rewind, I would not get past the first couple of laps. The software code is already there. If you don't want to use it, just turn it off.

its from pc2 :p
Until F1 2019, PC2 was still the most detailed and visually appealing game out there. I can name 4 games with better driving detail(not by much) that I can't play because they are PS2 graphics quality. It's like saying, "don't look at the pretty girls". Nintendo games have better graphics than iRacing. ACC is nothing without mods. R3E is like a girl with a unibrow. rFactor2 is that girl in the corner missing a front tooth. Sorry, not to make fun of girls with these comments.

Until F1 2019, PC2 was still the most detailed and visually appealing game out there. I can name 4 games with better driving detail(not by much) that I can't play because they are PS2 graphics quality. It's like saying, "don't look at the pretty girls". Nintendo games have better graphics than iRacing. ACC is nothing without mods. R3E is like a girl with a unibrow. rFactor2 is that girl in the corner missing a front tooth. Sorry, not to make fun of girls with these comments.

I race them all, when I'm in the mood for relaxed eye candy I'll dip into Forza 7.
ACC has no mods. I like it a lot, but it turns my PC into an oven.

Observation time, at 13 pages deep 240+ comments.

rFactor 2 and Project CARS 2, receives the most negative comments here on Race Department.

This Project CARS 2 news has had the most negative comment, with most of the toxic comments coming from Assetto Corsa fan boys - FACTS, How do I know this, I always check peoples comment history when they have such a negative comment towards another sim, so Yes 85% of the negative comments on a Project CARS news is coming from those, that support Assetto Corsa in a positive way via positive comments.

Who needs negative sites like PRC when we have Race Department, no wonder no SMS staff would ever do an interview with RD. It's in stark contrast to reading the comments posted on GT Planet to comments posted here, where the devs are fully engaged with readers on gtplanet compared to here.
Well, i like Kunos products and pcars too. But i think rf2 is soap bubble in current state. I cant call s397 developers. They are still act as modding team. So rf2 is isi product with mod.

Another one who didn't discovered the realistic simulation part of "computer software" yet...

My point Project cars is a game so are all so called sims. Not one GAME can simulate fully. Some do it better than others, this is also down to how it feels with your equipment.

I am no Project cars fanboy, I use commen sense, I aslo own all Games currently available as I do like driving games.

AC and rF2 are my primary driving games with a little iracing on the side.

No need for personel digs, if you can not come up with a solid argument. Just makes you look stupid.

Last edited:
I have always thought about software as:

a) a game, if its main purpose it to guide you through a story / championship (i.e. pCars)
b) a simulator, if its main purpose is to simulate a physical driving experience (i.e. NKP)

That's how they kind of fit into boxes in my brain :)

a) a game, if its main purpose it to guide you through a story / championship (i.e. pCars)
b) a simulator, if its main purpose is to simulate a physical driving experience (i.e. NKP)

Your brain is wrong then. They are all games. Just because it is a simulation of something it doesn't make it less of a game.

And another dig at project cars. Impressive. We should start to keep track.

The boxes in my brain

Simulation software is a computer program that models (simulates) some aspects of a real life situation (such as racing a car or flying an aircraft), without exposing me to any danger or risk.

A game is an activity that I do for amusement or fun.

Are they mutually exclusive? No

For me the real life aspect in sims is important.

Are championships part of real life racing? Yes. So its fine for them to be included in a simulator. Do real life drivers have careers? Yes, so again fine for careers to be included in a sim.

Did NKP simulate real life cars and tracks for most of its existence? No. I'm not going to insult anyone and say NKP isn't a sim. Of course its a sim. But we need to be a bit more open-minded IMO and not get too fixed or prejudiced in our thinking.

People still confusing GAMES with SIMULATIONS, and NO, they're not ALL GAMES, they're SOFTWARE! Some are for pure fun, making impossible stupid things with a car and the other simulate several aspects of REAL DRIVING experience!

Not understanding this is the true stupidity!

People still confusing GAMES with SIMULATIONS, and NO, they're not ALL GAMES, they're SOFTWARE! Some are for pure fun, making impossible stupid things with a car and the other simulate several aspects of REAL DRIVING experience!

Not understanding this is the true stupidity!
They are still games. I for one have a lot of fun with them and if i didn't I wouldn't play them. I have more fun with simulations than with more arcade titles. Does that mean that simulations are the real games and arcade titles are just software?

Do you see the problem with a purely subjective definition yet?

They are still games. I for one have a lot of fun with them and if i didn't I wouldn't play them. I have more fun with simulations than with more arcade titles. Does that mean that simulations are the real games and arcade titles are just software?

Do you see the problem with a purely subjective definition yet?

If you have more FUN is because you like REALISM! That doesn't mean it's a game, you have joy having a good SIMULATION experience, different things! So i have fun making music on PC, is that a game too?

If you have more FUN is because you like REALISM! That doesn't mean it's a game, you have joy having a good SIMULATION experience, different things! So i have fun making music on PC, is that a game too?
Depends. Is it using a product intended for entertainment or is it the real thing? I used to make music on my playstation with this old game I used to have. It was a game and it made actual music. The other kind of program is not a simulator it is what is actually used to make some kinds of music.

We do not drive real cars around the track besides the odd trackday experience. We drive a video game car around a track with more or less elements simulated in it. It's main objective is still entertainment.
I would say that even the sims in use by pro racing teams are games since they... game the parameters inputed in order to provide a more or less realistic result that will translate to real life. You can still learn something from games. You should look up the concept of serious game.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 14 11.8%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 11 9.2%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 11 9.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 15 12.6%
  • Friday

Votes: 43 36.1%
  • Saturday

Votes: 69 58.0%