Next Level Motion V3 settings thread (highly requested...?)

OK Next Level motion users, here it is: my tuned settings that I feel give the best feeling of what a car should represent while racing. Taken a while to get this up and running, with barely free time to actually sim race as it is. Hopefully you will get some value out of this and it further increases your enjoyment of an already pretty good product out of the box.

I have listed a few different profiles, use the Assetto Corsa one for all the big sim racing titles (of course utilizing the Formula & non Formula profiles for open wheel vs GT style cars) and use the Dirt Rally template for that title as well as any other rally title that takes advantage of motion. Don't forget to change both the 'motion' AND 'motion post processing' tabs for full effects.

Obviously these are my personal preferences and they may not suit everyone, but give them a try and have a play with them yourself to alter it as you see fit. Post any feelings/comments you have back here and maybe together we can further tune these settings for even better results.

Dirt Rally post process.png Dirt Rally settings.png Formula post process.png Formula settings.png NON formula post process.png NON formula settings.png

I have a problem getting SIMhub Shakeit to play nicely with platform manager. All motions stop after about 10 seconds into a race. The shakers still work but no motion. I have to shut down the game and platform manager and restart. I launch platform manager and start a race. I then can race with motion for several laps, no problem. I pause the race and launch Simhub. The tactiles start working then the motion stops.

This problem exists so far the PC2 and Assetto Corsa. Have not bothered testing any other games as I assume the answer will be the same.

Anyone else experiencing this? Any tips on a solution?
thanks
It seems that you have a conflicting port issue? I had more or less the same in DR2.0. Chnaged the Simhub port to 19373 and it was solved (after a complete initial restart). I have no answer why this appears after about 10 secs?
Have you already contacted Matt or one of the other NLR colleagues? Curious about the cause of this

Upvote 0
It seems that you have a conflicting port issue? I had more or less the same in DR2.0. Chnaged the Simhub port to 19373 and it was solved (after a complete initial restart). I have no answer why this appears after about 10 secs?
Have you already contacted Matt or one of the other NLR colleagues? Curious about the cause of this
thanks for the tip. I can't seem to find the right place to do this. Can ya help walk me through it?

Upvote 0
I downloaded the latest version of SimHub they did change a few things, but I think mostly for the better once you get used to them. Of the left menu, I think it was Settings -> Games and then I scrolled down to change the UDP port for Dirt Rally 2.0 and removed the conflict.

FYI, I'm finding that I'm having to change my NLRv3 settings quite a bit after switching from a regular car seat which was both more flexible and put my center of gravity further away from the pivot point.

For some things like side to side motion the hard shell is much faster and more direct so the smaller torque arm just about cancels out because of how well it holds me. However for surge I'm needing to add more now that the seat is lower and not moving quiet as much.

Upvote 0
I run version 6.8.9b4. In games you can select the config of that game (upper right corner). Now you can set UDP game telemetry port.
Today I tried something:
1. Setup NLRV3 platform manager software and Simhub to run as administrator
2. disabled all plugins except for gamepad , motors, and tactile.
3. restarted computer
4. launched both software apps
5. launched Steam
6. Launced pcars2

I raced for about 45 minutes WITHOUT any issues!
I assume the other racing titles will not be a problem, but let you know if I run into problems.

Upvote 0
Hi all.
I have recently bought this seat mover to go with VR and 90% of the time it’s awesome, but I do find that sometimes under heavy braking (in iRacing), it does nothing and then goes back to normal movement again once I have released the brake. Anybody else have this issue as it is really frustrating as you expect the seat to move forward but nothing happens, then the next lap it’s perfect.

Cheers

Brett
Having the same issue, did you manage to resolve it?

Upvote 0
This have nothing to do with settings really but have anyone heard anything about an replacement for the V3? Were coming up to four years since its initial launch now.

Upvote 0
I've heard nothing. It's quiet well dampened and works reliably. I'm sure they could make it more powerful and increase the weight limit. From what I can tell it doesn't have any real deficiencies at this point.

Upvote 0
I see. Im pondering buying one but it doesnt feel really good to buy a four year old product where the price hasnt dropped a cent.

I was wondering the exact same thing about a year ago when I got mine.

I suspect that this may end up like the Fanatec CSW 2.5 and being as far as they take it. I could be wrong, but it is a good system as is.

Upvote 0
OK, yes, that. It is very apparent when the rig is static. However, I have yet to notice it while I'm in game. Were you able to notice it while you were racing?
Not really, no - but I do all my gaming in the race rig so when playing non-racing games with the NLMv3 turned off it could be noticeable.
No way was it a deal breaker for me though, like I said - just a minor irritation.

Upvote 0
Not really, no - but I do all my gaming in the race rig so when playing non-racing games with the NLMv3 turned off it could be noticeable.
No way was it a deal breaker for me though, like I said - just a minor irritation.

I don't see that side of things.
I roll my rig to the side and play room scale if I'm not in a driving or flight sim.
The only exception is No Limits 2 ( a roller coaster simulator ) I put kids in my rig who are too small to reach anything and let them ride roller coasters with the NLRv3 motion.

Upvote 0
I don't see that side of things.
I roll my rig to the side and play room scale if I'm not in a driving or flight sim.
The only exception is No Limits 2 ( a roller coaster simulator ) I put kids in my rig who are too small to reach anything and let them ride roller coasters with the NLRv3 motion.

How well does the motion v3 do with no limit 2. Thinking about getting it for my kids also. Is it worth the buy

Upvote 0
I have a problem getting SIMhub Shakeit to play nicely with platform manager. All motions stop after about 10 seconds into a race. The shakers still work but no motion. I have to shut down the game and platform manager and restart. I launch platform manager and start a race. I then can race with motion for several laps, no problem. I pause the race and launch Simhub. The tactiles start working then the motion stops.

This problem exists so far the PC2 and Assetto Corsa. Have not bothered testing any other games as I assume the answer will be the same.

Anyone else experiencing this? Any tips on a solution?
thanks
I had the same problem...Drove me crazy trying to fix but i noticed it only happen in freeplay(Dirtfish)...Does it do in races also cause mines work fine in races

Upvote 0
This is a great idea, you inspired me to buy this program on Steam to amuse my grandson! He helps me drive F1, but he can't reach the pedals lol.

Upvote 0
How well does the motion v3 do with no limit 2. Thinking about getting it for my kids also. Is it worth the buy
The physics aren't perfect, and to me it seems to tilt the wrong way in corners (it tilts the seat right for right hand corners and vice-versa). But all considered it is impressive. My daughter (31, not a sim racer) finds it quite nausea inducing!

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea