Next Level Motion V3 settings thread (highly requested...?)

OK Next Level motion users, here it is: my tuned settings that I feel give the best feeling of what a car should represent while racing. Taken a while to get this up and running, with barely free time to actually sim race as it is. Hopefully you will get some value out of this and it further increases your enjoyment of an already pretty good product out of the box.

I have listed a few different profiles, use the Assetto Corsa one for all the big sim racing titles (of course utilizing the Formula & non Formula profiles for open wheel vs GT style cars) and use the Dirt Rally template for that title as well as any other rally title that takes advantage of motion. Don't forget to change both the 'motion' AND 'motion post processing' tabs for full effects.

Obviously these are my personal preferences and they may not suit everyone, but give them a try and have a play with them yourself to alter it as you see fit. Post any feelings/comments you have back here and maybe together we can further tune these settings for even better results.

Dirt Rally post process.png Dirt Rally settings.png Formula post process.png Formula settings.png NON formula post process.png NON formula settings.png

The physics aren't perfect, and to me it seems to tilt the wrong way in corners (it tilts the seat right for right hand corners and vice-versa). But all considered it is impressive. My daughter (31, not a sim racer) finds it quite nausea inducing!

Interesting. Personally I had no problems with it except for one of their out of the box roller coasters that had you suspended and tilted you forward at the beginning. That one didn't sit well. The rest of them felt pretty realistic to me. FYI SimHub also supports tactile so you can feel bumps and speed etc..

At the moment the NLRv3 software doesn't support tactile on that title.

Upvote 0
Just wondering. Does yall motion v3 move/wobble slightly when you about to start or right after you finish playing a game..Is this normal or something i should look into

Upvote 0
This is a great idea, you inspired me to buy this program on Steam to amuse my grandson! He helps me drive F1, but he can't reach the pedals lol.
I do the same with my kids and they love it. Tried to look for a simple ride that just moves the kids softly but haven't found anything. Thinking of recording a video and recording movement with it LOL

Upvote 0
It's an unfortunate side-effect of the UJ that the seat is mounted on. All NLMv3s will have it to some extent.
But still a game changer. I couldn't imagine not having the platform.... This produces M3 a little stress if it stops working. Hopefully it will have a long life span. Great work to everyone.

See if this 2020 we leave a post where you can directly do wload all the profiles for all games merry Christmas all!!

Upvote 0
Sorry if this is the wrong site...but...
I am continuing to have problems with The platform manager app and SimHub.
I can race with no problems with motion. When I launch Simhub, after about 2 or 3 minutes, my platform loses connection with the app and stops working. I have to unplug the NLRV3 and restart the app.

Things I have tried:
set both apps to run as administrator
Made sure all my usb devices have the "let the computer power down the device to save power" check box is unchecked.
All drivers are up to date. Windows is up to date. Bios is up to date. All the apps are up to date.
I have the NLRV plugged into my startech 4 channel pcie usb card. So it's got its own channel and plenty of power.
Tried launching Simhub and platform manager software and steam in every conceivable order.
Changed to a new usb cable for the NLRV3.
Switched ports on my card for the NLRV3.

I am running out of ideas on how to get these two apps to play nicely together.

Anyone got any ideas?

Upvote 0
You may be running into an issue where both programs are trying to access the same port. This happens with SFX-100 motion platform users and Simhub as well. You might need to direct Simhub to a different port to access the telemetry from the game. Just for reference, are you using one game the entire time for tests, or different games? Some handle the port thing better than others.

Upvote 0
You may be running into an issue where both programs are trying to access the same port. This happens with SFX-100 motion platform users and Simhub as well. You might need to direct Simhub to a different port to access the telemetry from the game. Just for reference, are you using one game the entire time for tests, or different games? Some handle the port thing better than others.
I mainly use PCars2 and have not tested other games yet. I will try that today And report back

Upvote 0
Please Help. My motion v3 has been working great. Only have had foir 2 months. I turned it on, its calibrated and worked fine for one race. Then all of sudden, I started smelling a burning smell and guess what, its the motion v3. Completely dead and the lights in the front is blinking. You can kinda see and hear the fan trying to spin. I just cant believe this. anyone have any ideas what going on.....I already email NLR

Upvote 0
Broke down and bought WRC 8 even though it doesn't motion and output telemetry data. I was able to get the direct input plugin to work and although it isn't that great it's still nice to have some motion in the game. I had to decrease the travel amount of rear-front rotation since right out of the box I was all the way back in the seat when I accelerated. Anyone else have any tuning tips for using the Direct input?

Upvote 0
Broke down and bought WRC 8 even though it doesn't motion and output telemetry data. I was able to get the direct input plugin to work and although it isn't that great it's still nice to have some motion in the game. I had to decrease the travel amount of rear-front rotation since right out of the box I was all the way back in the seat when I accelerated. Anyone else have any tuning tips for using the Direct input?
Would appreciate it too. Was thinking of trying this way with GT Sport on PS4 seeing I use my pc wheel connected to the PS4 through an adapter

Upvote 0
Can the V3 motion platform play games outwith the ones used via the software? For instance there a few racing games/space games etc that are on steam,does the motion simulator still move with games like this? I know telemetery is used for the Proper sims like AC/Iracing etc....but does the motion simulator move via joystick movement at least in other games?

Upvote 0
Can the V3 motion platform play games outwith the ones used via the software? For instance there a few racing games/space games etc that are on steam,does the motion simulator still move with games like this? I know telemetery is used for the Proper sims like AC/Iracing etc....but does the motion simulator move via joystick movement at least in other games?
It can be setup to react to input. I haven't tried it yet myself, but someone did say it worked and wasn't too bad doing that for Wreckfest, which otherwise is not supported.

Upvote 0
Quick question guys, sorry for the poor picture quality, is this amount of movement normal for the NLR v3 when static?
It seems that this YT video is locked until the owner (you) grants permission to watch it. Based on my own experience both left and right while static has about 0,5 inch/1cm "play" and that is within the tolerance margins (I was told). It's play from within the base to both left and right shafts which come out of the base.

Upvote 0
It seems that this YT video is locked until the owner (you) grants permission to watch it. Based on my own experience both left and right while static has about 0,5 inch/1cm "play" and that is within the tolerance margins (I was told). It's play from within the base to both left and right shafts which come out of the base.
Can you see it now? Mine seems to have a lot of play

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes