Next Level Motion V3 settings thread (highly requested...?)

OK Next Level motion users, here it is: my tuned settings that I feel give the best feeling of what a car should represent while racing. Taken a while to get this up and running, with barely free time to actually sim race as it is. Hopefully you will get some value out of this and it further increases your enjoyment of an already pretty good product out of the box.

I have listed a few different profiles, use the Assetto Corsa one for all the big sim racing titles (of course utilizing the Formula & non Formula profiles for open wheel vs GT style cars) and use the Dirt Rally template for that title as well as any other rally title that takes advantage of motion. Don't forget to change both the 'motion' AND 'motion post processing' tabs for full effects.

Obviously these are my personal preferences and they may not suit everyone, but give them a try and have a play with them yourself to alter it as you see fit. Post any feelings/comments you have back here and maybe together we can further tune these settings for even better results.

Dirt Rally post process.png Dirt Rally settings.png Formula post process.png Formula settings.png NON formula post process.png NON formula settings.png

I've updated to v2.91 of platform manager on Win10 pro 64bit and all is working 100% no problems. My advice would be to totally uninstall the platform manager software via Windows uninstaller then do a restart of windows before reinstalling 2.91 again. Sounds like something went wrong in windows which can happen I guess.

Upvote 0
I've updated to v2.91 of platform manager on Win10 pro 64bit and all is working 100% no problems. My advice would be to totally uninstall the platform manager software via Windows uninstaller then do a restart of windows before reinstalling 2.91 again. Sounds like something went wrong in windows which can happen I guess.
Just to be sure. Also DR2.0? All other race sims/games work perfect

Upvote 0
Thanks for your suggestions. I tried them but did not solve my issue. Delete via Windows Uninstaller, restart and clean install. Also flashed the fw again. Started DR2.0 and again the same error message.

Access violation at address 0x2b12a530 in module 'MotionSystems_SVRMC64.dll' + 0xa530.
MotionSystems_SVRMC64.dll

But you motivated me to do some more "research" and the problem is caused by the VR motion headway. When I disable this feature <allow motion....> then it works perfect. Strange as I never had that before? Only have to disable that to be able to run DR2.0. Other sims work also when VR headway is enabled.

Also noticed that the VR symbol is gone (or was it never visible before?) in the DirtRally2.0 profile on the game page. Others show the VR symbol bur DR2.0 not anymore

VR symbol.jpg

Upvote 0
I tried VR Headway, but I could never get it setup right either. The movement was always too exaggerated regardless of what settings I used. Every time I brake it would move my head back way too far so it was really off-putting.

Maybe I just didn't have it dialed in right but there isn't much in the way of instructions and I felt like I tried all the different settings! Though I'm quite happy without it to be honest.

Upvote 0
Has anyone managed to get the Oculus Store version of Dirt Rally 2.0 to work on the platform?
I bought it and ran a games search but it didn’t find it (I’m assuming I need to tell the software to look somewhere else?)
I emailed Next Level but it took them a week to get back to me and I had refunded it by then and bought the shockingly poor Steam version
Seeing as Codemasters don’t appear to be doing anything to fix the VR in the Steam version it looks like I may need to buy the Oculus version again but I don’t want it without the motion tbh.

Upvote 0
Hey Dan, try this ...
navigate to C:\Users\[UserName]\Documents\My Games\DiRT Rally 2.0\hardwaresettings
Make a backup of this file before editing it, named "hardware_settings_config.xml" use notepad or a text editor and copy/paste the following line underneath where it says <motion_platform>
<udp enabled="true" extradata="3" ip="127.0.0.1" port="10011" delay="1" />

This is assuming that the Oculus version stores the these files in the same user directory. It is possible it is stored in a game directory within the Oculus software installation, so you may have to hunt around for it but it should be possible to find and edit. That line will enable the NLR V3 motion platform.

Let us know how you go. The Steam version will only run decently on my system if I Enable ASW locked at 45fps otherwise it is a stuttery mess. But I don't mind ASW and with it on I can have Steam SS at 150% and many settings on Ultra with shadows & reflections on Low, all Ambient Occlusion settings off, but everything else Ultra or High and it really looks great. The motion works very nicely and I have an AF wheel which also feels great now after a few recent updates for SimCommander4. Good Luck.

Upvote 0
Hey Dan, try this ...
navigate to C:\Users\[UserName]\Documents\My Games\DiRT Rally 2.0\hardwaresettings
Make a backup of this file before editing it, named "hardware_settings_config.xml" use notepad or a text editor and copy/paste the following line underneath where it says <motion_platform>
<udp enabled="true" extradata="3" ip="127.0.0.1" port="10011" delay="1" />

This is assuming that the Oculus version stores the these files in the same user directory. It is possible it is stored in a game directory within the Oculus software installation, so you may have to hunt around for it but it should be possible to find and edit. That line will enable the NLR V3 motion platform.

Let us know how you go. The Steam version will only run decently on my system if I Enable ASW locked at 45fps otherwise it is a stuttery mess. But I don't mind ASW and with it on I can have Steam SS at 150% and many settings on Ultra with shadows & reflections on Low, all Ambient Occlusion settings off, but everything else Ultra or High and it really looks great. The motion works very nicely and I have an AF wheel which also feels great now after a few recent updates for SimCommander4. Good Luck.

Hi thanks for the advice it’s certainly helpful
Unfortunately I really need NLR to add native support for the Oculus version at this point because I need to know for sure it’ll work because I’ve already refunded the oculus version once and doubt they’ll let me do it again.
Still hoping Codemasters will fix the Steam version so it’ll be a non issue but who knows.
The Oculus version ran at 90fps at max settings

Upvote 0
@Next Level Racing

Hi Matthew, you

I noticed today that the v3 disconnects while using rF2 only. Need to restart every time even when I use escape to go to the pits

Kind regards.

Hi rikirk,

Thanks for letting me know about this.

Our dedicated support team will be able to help you out with this. Please contact us via support@nextlevelracing.com and provide your platforms system snapshot and Serial number.

Kind Regards,
Matthew

Upvote 0
Do you have your tracking cam attached to your rig or separate ie. Static not moving ? Mine is static and enabling vr headway has always made me feel sick.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back