Next Level Motion V3 settings thread (highly requested...?)

OK Next Level motion users, here it is: my tuned settings that I feel give the best feeling of what a car should represent while racing. Taken a while to get this up and running, with barely free time to actually sim race as it is. Hopefully you will get some value out of this and it further increases your enjoyment of an already pretty good product out of the box.

I have listed a few different profiles, use the Assetto Corsa one for all the big sim racing titles (of course utilizing the Formula & non Formula profiles for open wheel vs GT style cars) and use the Dirt Rally template for that title as well as any other rally title that takes advantage of motion. Don't forget to change both the 'motion' AND 'motion post processing' tabs for full effects.

Obviously these are my personal preferences and they may not suit everyone, but give them a try and have a play with them yourself to alter it as you see fit. Post any feelings/comments you have back here and maybe together we can further tune these settings for even better results.

Dirt Rally post process.png Dirt Rally settings.png Formula post process.png Formula settings.png NON formula post process.png NON formula settings.png

FYI, there is a Platform Manager section on the NLR Discord server.

Version 2.97 is definitely the one to use. 2.99 had issues and was pulled back.

I got this Dirt Rally 2 profile there. I backed off the intensity, but otherwise it's good.

1589205928814.png

Upvote 0
just recieved my v3 and gt track. one question i had was is there a major difference as far as the settings in reguards to weight. Iam about 220lbs and i dont want to overuse it or run bad slider settings for the weight. From others exp is it good enough machine to run decent hours on at a time or can it overheat ect.....as for weight i assumed lower slider settings would be needed for light weight people and more power for heavier. also where would it be possible to get some settings to dowload and try out?
Last current question i had was as to the setup for vr compensation, i got the measurment from head to base of unit by the other 2 measurments i cant figure out what they are asking for. thanks in advance to anyone with any input.

Upvote 0
just recieved my v3 and gt track. one question i had was is there a major difference as far as the settings in reguards to weight. Iam about 220lbs and i dont want to overuse it or run bad slider settings for the weight. From others exp is it good enough machine to run decent hours on at a time or can it overheat ect.....as for weight i assumed lower slider settings would be needed for light weight people and more power for heavier. also where would it be possible to get some settings to dowload and try out?
Last current question i had was as to the setup for vr compensation, i got the measurment from head to base of unit by the other 2 measurments i cant figure out what they are asking for. thanks in advance to anyone with any input.

Make sure your seat is center mass centered over the pivot point to put less stress on it.
Mount your seat as low to the NLRv3 as possible to reduce the lever arm multiplier.

I've never experienced any overheating of my NLRv3.
I would suggest adjusting your settings so that they feel good to you. That is why you got it.

Most people I know are not using VR compensation if they are just using the NLRv3 by itself. I haven't in the year plus I've owned mine.

Upvote 0
Make sure your seat is center mass centered over the pivot point to put less stress on it.
Mount your seat as low to the NLRv3 as possible to reduce the lever arm multiplier.

I've never experienced any overheating of my NLRv3.
I would suggest adjusting your settings so that they feel good to you. That is why you got it.

Most people I know are not using VR compensation if they are just using the NLRv3 by itself. I haven't in the year plus I've owned mine.
Any reasons for not using the vr program with it? As for the seat distance to v3...its installed as per the gt track instructions. I was mainly concerned about weight when its sometimes very strong trying to move me around.

Upvote 0
Any reasons for not using the vr program with it? As for the seat distance to v3...its installed as per the gt track instructions. I was mainly concerned about weight when its sometimes very strong trying to move me around.

The main reason I don't use the VR program is that the variables are iffy.

The key issue is that your neck naturally works like a gimbal. So once you have a distance from the pivot in place, you have adjustments for how much movement to compensate for and that is going to depend on a number of things including you which could change on a day to day basis.

I simply haven't seen any need for VR compensation. I'm 6' tall and I'm wearing a Valve Index. My head naturally bobbs around enough that I don't notice any additional motion in game.

Upvote 0
Just wanted to add something to the discussion on VR motion compensation.

If you do not use in-game settings that simulate head or body motion, you most likely do not need VR motion compensation - at least with the V3. Having the in-game cockpit view stable means that head, neck and body torsion you get from the V3 is actually useful rather than distracting, as it is actual motion rather than simulated motion.

This is assuming the range of motion set on the V3 is not excessive. However, even this is not likely to be given the restricted range.

When you may experience issues is when you use in-game settings such as neck flexion or extension, gaze following apex, view fixed to horizon, car body movement (e.g., roll) and any options that simulate car, body, gaze or world movement and so forth depending on the sim. That is when the simulated movement in combination with the actual VR headset movement can afford disorientation, sim sickness, or simply an unsatisfying experience.

Examples include: having your perspective move outside the confines of the cockpit; rapid, jerky or otherwise excessive movements with in-cockpit view; feelings of dizziness or disorientation due to elevation or pitch changes (this is an issue for banked ovals for sure); and effects in which you feel either the car, or world, is rotating around you that feels disconnected (or contrary) to what the motion rig is doing.

This is why VR compensation tends to be more useful in motion rigs that have higher degrees of freedom and greater range of motion that the V3 - or sims in which you have enabled simulated motion for the driver perspective.

Upvote 0
Just wanted to add something to the discussion on VR motion compensation.

If you do not use in-game settings that simulate head or body motion, you most likely do not need VR motion compensation - at least with the V3. Having the in-game cockpit view stable means that head, neck and body torsion you get from the V3 is actually useful rather than distracting, as it is actual motion rather than simulated motion.

This is assuming the range of motion set on the V3 is not excessive. However, even this is not likely to be given the restricted range.

When you may experience issues is when you use in-game settings such as neck flexion or extension, gaze following apex, view fixed to horizon, car body movement (e.g., roll) and any options that simulate car, body, gaze or world movement and so forth depending on the sim. That is when the simulated movement in combination with the actual VR headset movement can afford disorientation, sim sickness, or simply an unsatisfying experience.

Examples include: having your perspective move outside the confines of the cockpit; rapid, jerky or otherwise excessive movements with in-cockpit view; feelings of dizziness or disorientation due to elevation or pitch changes (this is an issue for banked ovals for sure); and effects in which you feel either the car, or world, is rotating around you that feels disconnected (or contrary) to what the motion rig is doing.

This is why VR compensation tends to be more useful in motion rigs that have higher degrees of freedom and greater range of motion that the V3 - or sims in which you have enabled simulated motion for the driver perspective.
As for the vr comp i noticed tonight with automobilista 2 that with it turned off going up a steep hill the view sinks as if the car has air ride andni lose view of track. With it on it lessens this but its not a issue with the v3 causing movement but rather just an in game camera thing. and i turned all in game movement settings to 0. I dont know what the sliders change or which direction causes what effect. I havent seen much drastic differences just especially under braking less head jolt towards wheel ect.

Upvote 0
OK, I'm going to stand corrected. Someone just posted these settings to be used with the unsupported Wreckfest on the NLR discord server.

View attachment 373401
Thanks for posting my settings, I've been meaning to post them here as well but keep forgetting.

I made a couple of videos, one where I go over the settings and another one where I race with them in Wreckfest. Even though the games that aren't supported have minimal movement options it's still better than nothing because it's hard to race without motion once you've experienced it.

Also with the new version of software they took away support for a couple of older games, ie. Dirt 2, which stinks as I just played that last week and had a blast. So keep your old software versions so you can reinstall if you want to play the older games.

Upvote 0
Thanks for posting my settings, I've been meaning to post them here as well but keep forgetting.

I made a couple of videos, one where I go over the settings and another one where I race with them in Wreckfest. Even though the games that aren't supported have minimal movement options it's still better than nothing because it's hard to race without motion once you've experienced it.

Also with the new version of software they took away support for a couple of older games, ie. Dirt 2, which stinks as I just played that last week and had a blast. So keep your old software versions so you can reinstall if you want to play the older games.

That's really cool! Thanks for sharing. I wish it was possible to do the same with Simhub, then at least you could get transducers to give some engine rumble on throttle input for unsupported games.

Upvote 0
NLR MP v3 settings I've been using for the AMS1 F3s. I might increase lateral g-force gain a touch but this is what I've been using so far.

Post-processing is default. Believe it or not, I still haven't really messed with the PP settings even though some people say they raise the platform to a wholenother level.

Attachments

• nlr.JPG
    nlr.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 384
Upvote 0
Hi Guys!
Just got our V3 installed a week ago. Still messing around in the settings :) Driving mostly ACC so if anyone has any suggestions please feel free to share.

In this SRG video,
, 50:20 in, Barry talks about a sliding effect, how it rattels when the car slides. We dont get that feeling when the car slides. Does anyone know how to set that setting? Only get a very hard and shaky ratteling if the car for example spins out in the grass, then it shakes a lot just before the car comes to a stop.

Also got a slight woble/slack in it, I put a video in the Discord NLR but no feedback from other users yet. This is when in the game. Is that normal/OK?

Upvote 0
Hi Guys!
Just got our V3 installed a week ago. Still messing around in the settings :) Driving mostly ACC so if anyone has any suggestions please feel free to share.

In this SRG video,
, 50:20 in, Barry talks about a sliding effect, how it rattels when the car slides. We dont get that feeling when the car slides. Does anyone know how to set that setting? Only get a very hard and shaky ratteling if the car for example spins out in the grass, then it shakes a lot just before the car comes to a stop.

Also got a slight woble/slack in it, I put a video in the Discord NLR but no feedback from other users yet. This is when in the game. Is that normal/OK?
I use V3 + Traction plus.

I have 2 strong suggestions:
1) By all means, get a buttkciker for the seat and link it to the revs and potentially sliding, or choose whatever is more important (engine vibration adds a ton of immersion).
2) I suggest to reduce the overall strenght of the V3 to like 60%.

Upvote 0
I use V3 + Traction plus.

I have 2 strong suggestions:
1) By all means, get a buttkciker for the seat and link it to the revs and potentially sliding, or choose whatever is more important (engine vibration adds a ton of immersion).
2) I suggest to reduce the overall strenght of the V3 to like 60%.
Hi Vanni! I got a BKG2, will try to adjust that one in Simhub.
Still wondering what Barry means... :)

Upvote 0
So to answer Troy, the gain setting is pretty straight forward. Think of that as the volume knob on your stereo. It just makes everything 'louder' I use this to slightly increase the intensity of the movements when driving open wheel cars, or anything that's super fast and also has stiff suspension and high downforce. The gain also limits the throw of the platform. This was initially the only option, along with linearity, there was no offset option. I spoke with the software creators with this concern that while it did help limit the throw, it affected the curve in a way that made smaller movements feel more intense than the bigger movements. If you understand and can interpret the graph they display, you should know what I am talking about when you play with only the LIN and GAIN setting. So, offset was introduced to help limit the throw of the platform (max range of movement) yet not do so in a way that altered the intensity of the movements. Now, we have 3 options, which is cool because I can limit motion based on the particular car and also my own preference, but I can also give each setting a little more 'juice' if I feel the need (open wheel cars are always a candidate for this). I typically do not go over around 1.20 for Gain.
Sorry for asking, but can you help me out and explain this again? Maybe my english is too poor so I dont get it, this with the Motion Post-Processing. If I want the movements to be sharper, but not move so much/long, should I increase gain but what with the Linearity and Offset?

Upvote 0
Are there any specific AMS2 settings available?

I also have issues that my reverb is not tracking 100% and drifting away. Only when I put the motion platform on. If I put it off it is inmediately gone.

@anton_Chez
I noticed that your screenshots of settings are different than my. Has the software changed? Could you share new screenshots?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes