New Site Errors, Bugs & Improvement Thread (version 4.0.5.)

Congratulations on the new forum software :p

I have a couple of questions borne from my use of the forum software:

• Does the vBulletin forum software support
    HTML:
    <del>strike through</del>
    formatting natively? When editing a post to correct stuff, it is sometimes useful to be able to leave the original (and incorrect) content up for reference.
  • Is there any good reason why can't I can't edit the title of a thread I started myself? From what I can tell, threads are referenced by an id in a database table, so allowing the thread creator to change change the title ought to be safe?
Cheers,

ermo

Hi Dario,

Sorry for the late response. Officially we dont allow users under 13 to register because of COPPA (click here). Though since you are the parent and approve his presence here we are okay with it of course.

Could you send me a pm with the desired:
- username
- password
- emailaddres

Ill set up the account for him and send you the details, then you can login and change the password as you wish it to be. Thanks for the good question!

Another small one:

When sending a PM to someone, previously I used to only type the first few letters of the recipient's name, and it would automatically find a list of members with that name start. eg. Type Bram and it found Bram Hengeveld (or others with that first name). Very handy in quickly finding someone's username.

This doesn't seem to work anymore. Is it no longer available?

Just for my education, was the upload module touched at all in the upgrade, as I was getting the same sort of errors when trying to upload the Cat Skin pack?

I ended up having to use using "System" again.

Which is not the biggest drag in the world, it's just so I know and don't waste time.

Does anyome else getting a download.php instead of the file you want to dl? I had the same issue just as new site was launched, then it dissapeared and now its back again.

anyone know how to fix it? I can see others have dl'ed the file with no problems

Downloads dont work with a download manager if that is what you mean. If you disable it it should work. With our uploads speeds you don't need a download manager.
All it will do is trying to make multiple connections and that is not supported by us. Best is to disable it.

theres and override key that should sort it. But it seems as it dont at least not on RD. Ive changed the browser integration as it tries to do all DL via IDM, which i use mostly for rapidshare.

Its not a big problem, its just wierd it works one day and dont the next :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.