New Site Errors, Bugs & Improvement Thread (version 4.0.5.)

The 'insert image' button gives me 'From Computer' and 'From Url'

untitled.JPGuntitled2.JPG

There seems to be some issues with attachments in vbulletin 4. Depending on the browser you use it either works or not :( With Internet Explorer 8 its all fine, as with Firefox. Google Chrome browsers great (super fast) but has some issues with attachments from your computer. vBulletin scheduled a big update this week to patch the first big bugs and I hope that they will revert to the old attachments system that was super easy.

Fingers crossed

OK, it must still be something from my end. I am now using Firefox and still the same thing, if I click the Insert Image button, I only get the option to add a URL. I checked my Forum Settings and couldn't see anything wrong.
If I try the Paperclip type image (under advanced) and click Add Files button, the option to "add files from your own computer" is not available, only add URL.

Beats me, never had this before and I don't have any problems adding files to other Forums. :boohoo:

I assume it is not a "priviliges" thing?

aha i might got it now!! I have check your profile and by default your setting of the editor box was not set to WYSIGWY (full editor box like i am using) I was so free to change that, could you try again ?

Also try uploading by clicking on the Go Advanced button on the right bottom of the text box..

I hope its solved now

Bingo!!! Looks like it now works, thanks Bram.

Another lesson for me (and hopefully others???).

EDIT: Oops, now I see my image in the preview screen, but it only shows a link in the forum??

Edit2: After more testing, it is showing as a link in the Preview screen too, it only shows the image in the editing screen.

View attachment 21127

More testing.
Looks like it worked this time, but not sure why. This is a weird process, it now works if I use Insert Image, but I can't add any files using the Paper Clip option, it still won't let me select My Computer Files.

Geez, I hope this gets simplified somewhere along the line.

BTW: I'm back using IE8 again.

Cooper S 1.JPG

New Site Errors, Bugs & Improvement Thread (version 4.0.1.)

Hi, tried to register my son (11) to RD (racing club member) but couldn´t past the registration because of the age, well he has my approval and I don´t want to lie about his age, what can be done?

btw he is actually quite good in sim racing, on few tracks even faster then me, drives clean and fair

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 287 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.4%