PC2 New Project CARS 2 Images Leaked

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
pcars 2 - 6.jpg

Leaked images of the in development Project CARS 2 title have surfaced on the internet recently, showing various vehicles and weather conditions contained within the title.

With the first Project CARS installment having come in for heavy criticism due to a wide variety of bugs and issues with the title across all platforms, Slightly Mad Studios CEO Ian Bell has confirmed via a recent interview that PCARS 2 is now at the Quality Assurance Process stage, predicting a minimum of seven months for the title to undergo rigorous testing and bug fixing prior to the studio releasing the game for public sale.

Project CARS 2 is the sequel to the highly popular Project CARS title released during 2015. The game is currently under early development and little is known about what players can expect once the title releases, probably during 2017. It is expected that PCARS 2 will contain similar features and content to the original, plus the following information contained on the office game website:

• THE LARGEST TRACK ROSTER EVER - 50 unique locations and 200+ courses including 'loose surface racing' on dirt, gravel, mud, and snow. All will have dynamic time of day and weather allowing you to play anytime, anywhere
  • THE WIDEST VARIETY OF MOTORSPORTS with 8 different disciplines now including Rallycross. 200+ cars from over 40 different vehicle classes including never-before-seen Concepts and Banned Race Cars
  • CO-OP CAREER - More choices, more opportunities, more strategy, greater risks and greater rewards
  • SEAMLESSLY CONNECTED - Socialize and compete via Online Track Days, have players from around the world take the place of AI-controlled drivers in your solo play, and get news updates on the Driver Network around you
  • PRO ESPORTS RACING - Skill & Behavioural-based matchmaking, create your own Online Racing Seasons, and Live Broadcast and Spectator functionality
  • YOUR HOME FOR RACING - Your own personal, customisable Test Track to tune and test your cars.

pcars 2 - 4.jpg
pcars 2 - 7.jpg

Project CARS 2 is due for release on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC during 2017.

Check out the Project CARS forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussions regarding Project CARS on both PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Browse out modding database, engage with the community or join in one of our many League and Club Racing events. Its all here at RaceDepartment.

pcars 2 - 1.jpg pcars 2 - 5.jpg

Are you looking forward to PCARS 2? Do you still have faith in SMS following the original release of PCARS and subsequent issues with the title? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Lol me neither

Already a fanboy lieutenant on Steam telling everyone how great it is. Remember their tricks form the last time with VR and some other forums, they pretty much closed one down.

One of the most hilarious episodes in my life watching people get all excited then realise how crap it was once the sheen wore off. It's a great console game, end of, but the faults are still there.

Bought my uncle AC for Xmas, the console version as we know is a little rough but he instantly preferred it to PCARS. Felt better, far simpler to set up, cars feel more real less glacial. Not as complete a game, but the basics are there.

I will never put a penny into WMD's hands after the way Bell treated countless people who simply asked questions in a forward manner. One of the rudest, most arrogant men I have ever experienced in my life and he alone is a reason why they will lose a percentage of sales.

How on earth he is allowed by his shareholders to be involved I have no idea, probably coz the game made a bunch of money. But so did fags and Monster energy. But are they good for you? It's easy to make money with glitzy marketing and hype, they did part brilliantly. Sadly a lot of you were dumb enough to buy into it. Harsh I am afraid but fair upon reading the comments from folk who bought it on here.

graphics are amazing as always... the problem is the arcadish driving system...
If i want a more simcade game i like better something like FH or FM where i can bling and tune my car too... ;)

Thats because pCars is essentially NFS Shift 3, same bloody physics engine with some of the same issues that plagued NFS Shift 2. They had a clue back during the GTR2 and GT Legends days. I guess Ian got rid of all the people that had a clue and attempted to create his own version of Gran Turismo. NFS Shift was the beginning of the end.

With the exception of the NFS Shift series. I've owned everything Ian Bell worked on, going all the back to the original GTR mod and fast forwarding to Project Cars

Thing is I know what he and his people used to be capable of. I can only assume they are straddling the sim racing fence with a firmer foundation in the simcade world than the simulator world, chasing little green pieces of paper. Its shame really, so much talent wasted for a simcade racer.

They have moved on to pCars2 yet pCars still has that annoying bug if you run out of fuel then watch the replay the engine has no sound because the audio system is still stuck in out of fuel mode.

They got the graphics right, great track selection, car selection is ok and the multiplayer server setup is brilliant, Hats off to whoever coded that interface, brilliant !

The FFB is horrible, the track surface is sterile. I hope pCars2 addresses these issues.

Last edited:
Thats because pCars is essentially NFS Shift 3, same bloody physics engine with some of the same issues that plagued NFS Shift 2. They had a clue back during the GTR2 and GT Legends days. I guess Ian got rid of all the people that had a clue and attempted to create his own version of Gran Turismo. NFS Shift was the beginning of the end.
At least NfS:S and NfS:S2 (i own both) were more in GT/FM style with career giving you money to buy and tune cars, prize cars, custom liveries and so on...
pCars instead has a more simulation approach for the car list (all cars available from the start, no exteripr tuning, no livery designer) but with the same simcade physics of Shift/Shift2...
If i want a simulation i drive AC or a Simbin game, if i want a simcade/arcade game i get TheCrew, GT5/6 or FM/FH where i can going mycar, design livery, free roam...

No no no. I think you misunderstand what I said. My problem in PCARS is with the animation. In most sims what you see the in-game wheel doing is exactly what your real wheel does in your hands. In Project CARS though there is an additional shaking animation effect on the in-game wheel that is purely just an animation and you DON'T feel it in any way on your FFB wheel and it really kills the immersion for me. This is what F1 games used to be like, but not anymore. In e.g. F1 2016 when the game realizes you have a steering wheel those canned animations stop.

I fully agree with your point. But my point wasn't about the force feedback effects, but the animation that ruined the PCARS experience for me personally.
haha, ok sorry, I did misunderstand. :) I really hope they in P cars 2 they clean up ALL the raging bugs. The best thing about P cars for me was the $ return i keep getting from buying into the game very early, pre release. not alot of $ really, but paid for the 3+ times over haha.

Pcars was such a mixed bag, the content in the game was great (although we didn't get the ovals we were promised)
But the default FFB was ridiculous, why didn't they just setup a decent default setting for all the cars? I tweaked the settings on the cars I liked and it feels great.
One of my main issues is the physics, some cars feel amazing and I consider to be just as good as the best sims, but some cars are just shocking, the Formula B car is ridiculously easy to drive, the thing is glued to the track, it's like playing an Arcade game.

We all know the issues with the crazy AI lol

Problem is that rendering these licences in a beautiful yet flawed game is like sprinkling chocolate over a dog turd. It doesn't make the turd any nicer to eat and definitely does absolutely nothing for the chocolate ... they need to fix the game properly to start with to do those licences justice.

Pcars Looks fantastic I give them the checker flag. Visual peaks high detail does a number on most of these pcs excluding the power house set up. On console this game suffers but on Pc you can easily see how they've made their calculations to compensate these effects. A good way to see this is on their replays the cars look like they are moving at half the speed in comparison to real scale. Its hard to explain like a disconnect with motion and sound combined. Maybe I'm off but like I
ve said the licencing is the master key. Like anything, its most likely a budget issue. For the most part they did an amazing job on the visuals, its like art.

I think, the images are not leaked. This is PR and the Image are very good polished. I'm playing PC2 Beta and Ingame the game doesn't look like this posted images. Even on ultra settings. ;)
But it looks a bit better as PC1.

I honestly don't know, but I'm definitely going to wait for the reviews to come out before jumping in like last time. I was on console when PCars came out. At the time, it was the best thing on console, for sure. It also got me really interested in sim racing as a hobby, and I started build out a rig, and eventually switched to PC. Funny thing...that's when my love of PCars started to diminish. The more sim titles I tried on PC, the more I realized PCars was a complete oddball and better understood the initial complaints I was hearing from more sim experience players at the initial release. I say oddball, instead of judging it good or bad, because I guess it really comes down to preference. But I find it strange that every other sims I play (AC, AMS, rF2, R3E) all have very similar FFB and physics. They feel great out of the box, and don't require weeks of fiddling to get the FFB sorted out.

PCars is pretty--although, I think AC actually looks better, and even older sim engines like R3E and AMS aren't that far behind it--but the game itself is missing so many things. The AI is terrible. I don't care what anyone says, when I'm at the edge of the track and still driving wheel-to-wheel with an AI because its driving off track to avoid losing position, or pass an AI, just to see it completely blow the chicane or corner to avoid losing position, I don't see how that can be considered good AI. The FFB feel strange, with lots of artifacts and spikes that don't feel realistic, and there's virtually no progressive steering weight in relation to turning angle or speed. Worst of all, the cars just don't feel connected to the road. It's always like you're floating above it. I've tried all the various FFB tweaks--Jack Spade and others that claim to have the "perfect" feel--but those issues still remain.

But most of all, I didn't like SMS' behavior or attitude when it came to dealing with criticism. They released a game that buggy as hell and obviously rushed to market, yet they scolded anyone that complained, pretending most of the problems people were having were due to faulty installs or bad user configurations. I tolerated it at the time, because I was on console and simply didn't have any other options. It was either go back to Forza 5, or stick around and hope SMS fixed it.

This time, if the initial reviews are good. I'll buy it, but I'm only giving SMS two hours to show me that they've learned from their mistakes. I realize that's not enough time to evaluate a sim, but if the FFB is mess out of the box and that floaty feel is still there, I'm just going to assume SMS is doubling down on their arrogance, and just get my refund before the two hour deadline. :)

Pcars 2 reminds me about my huge disappointment racing Shift 2 for 5 minutes...
Never raced it again.
SMS are true graphic masters. Better than EA or CM. But that is all. They better make Pcars 2 arcade extravagant so its clear were the game stands instead of producing a half -half thing with half finished features. If u do it, do it good.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 84 19.4%
  • €151-500

Votes: 119 27.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 71 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 38 8.8%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 42 9.7%
  • €3001-5000