PC2 New Project CARS 2 Images Leaked

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
pcars 2 - 6.jpg

Leaked images of the in development Project CARS 2 title have surfaced on the internet recently, showing various vehicles and weather conditions contained within the title.

With the first Project CARS installment having come in for heavy criticism due to a wide variety of bugs and issues with the title across all platforms, Slightly Mad Studios CEO Ian Bell has confirmed via a recent interview that PCARS 2 is now at the Quality Assurance Process stage, predicting a minimum of seven months for the title to undergo rigorous testing and bug fixing prior to the studio releasing the game for public sale.

Project CARS 2 is the sequel to the highly popular Project CARS title released during 2015. The game is currently under early development and little is known about what players can expect once the title releases, probably during 2017. It is expected that PCARS 2 will contain similar features and content to the original, plus the following information contained on the office game website:

• THE LARGEST TRACK ROSTER EVER - 50 unique locations and 200+ courses including 'loose surface racing' on dirt, gravel, mud, and snow. All will have dynamic time of day and weather allowing you to play anytime, anywhere
  • THE WIDEST VARIETY OF MOTORSPORTS with 8 different disciplines now including Rallycross. 200+ cars from over 40 different vehicle classes including never-before-seen Concepts and Banned Race Cars
  • CO-OP CAREER - More choices, more opportunities, more strategy, greater risks and greater rewards
  • SEAMLESSLY CONNECTED - Socialize and compete via Online Track Days, have players from around the world take the place of AI-controlled drivers in your solo play, and get news updates on the Driver Network around you
  • PRO ESPORTS RACING - Skill & Behavioural-based matchmaking, create your own Online Racing Seasons, and Live Broadcast and Spectator functionality
  • YOUR HOME FOR RACING - Your own personal, customisable Test Track to tune and test your cars.

pcars 2 - 4.jpg
pcars 2 - 7.jpg

Project CARS 2 is due for release on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC during 2017.

Check out the Project CARS forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussions regarding Project CARS on both PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Browse out modding database, engage with the community or join in one of our many League and Club Racing events. Its all here at RaceDepartment.

pcars 2 - 1.jpg pcars 2 - 5.jpg

Are you looking forward to PCARS 2? Do you still have faith in SMS following the original release of PCARS and subsequent issues with the title? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
...And thus, the point that since they had ~65 dlc cars... the vast majority of those were stripped from the base game to sell you for further profit.
I don't know where did you get this info, but what I remember from being WMD member, your statement is not true. At the time of release there were only few cars in the works that didn't make it into the final game. Majority of the cars added were created after release.

I don't know where did you get this info, but what I remember from being WMD member, your statement is not true.

The official car list :p

All the white colored cars are in the base game. And there are only ~65. The rest on that list are dlc, of which there are also ~65.

the time of release there were only few cars in the works that didn't make it into the final game. Majority of the cars added were created after release.

You know as well as anyone that this isnt true. You can search youtube for all the 'backer builds' videos from years ago that had all the content being displayed. Among content that still hasnt even been released.

Edit: My mistake. 65 cars in the base game and only 60 as dlc.

Ya know, Ive heard alot about "fake" or "canned" FFB effects, like the rumbling you have mentioned. I'm not saying your not entitled to your opinion, but I find those type of effects much more realistic than one might initially think. Just drive down your local smooth road in your daily driver or luxury liner, and notice how much "feel" or bumpy sensation there is. Rarely, if ever do you ever feel nothing, there are almost always "suttle vibrations etc" comimg thru the steering wheel.

This is why I think it's unrealistic for there to be no sensation at all coming thru our Sim Wheels in large chuncks or time, or on the Straights for example.

Personally i like suttle, light vibrations randomly there most of the time, as i think it's most realistc.
However often in some games there is much "overkill" with the effects and maybe this is the kinda thing your referring to that ruined your F1 2016 game. :)
No no no. I think you misunderstand what I said. My problem in PCARS is with the animation. In most sims what you see the in-game wheel doing is exactly what your real wheel does in your hands. In Project CARS though there is an additional shaking animation effect on the in-game wheel that is purely just an animation and you DON'T feel it in any way on your FFB wheel and it really kills the immersion for me. This is what F1 games used to be like, but not anymore. In e.g. F1 2016 when the game realizes you have a steering wheel those canned animations stop.

I fully agree with your point. But my point wasn't about the force feedback effects, but the animation that ruined the PCARS experience for me personally.

The official car list :p

All the white colored cars are in the base game. And there are only ~65. The rest on that list are dlc, of which there are also ~65.

You know as well as anyone that this isnt true. You can search youtube for all the 'backer builds' videos from years ago that had all the content being displayed. Among content that still hasnt even been released.

Edit: My mistake. 65 cars in the base game and only 60 as dlc.

I don't remember every car, but from your list, I have counted *at least* 40 cars that haven't been available to backers before release.

meh. If they manage to improve the physics and FFB, I might give it a go. PCars was a huuuuuge letdown for me. Fortunately, Automobilista was there to pick up the ball, along with Assetto Corsa.

We're complaining it didn't have enough cars now? I seem to recall one of the criticisms was that it had too many, that they spread themselves too thin.

One thing I did like about pCARS was it's track selection, really wish more would feature places like Brno, Watkins Glen etc. Heck, I even liked their scottish fantasy track.

Really think that's why the title is still so divisive, the potential for greatness was there. It definitely fell short, but I'm still glad there's someone trying to deliver a whole, modern package. Still, I think it's doubtful that they'll succeed but oh boy if they pull it off.

I would really like a refund for the 1st game plus the DLCs, then purchasing the second one wouldn't be a problem. Great to have some diversity. As it is now, however, I feel like I already paid SMS substantially for nothing. PC1 was a complete waste of time and money mostly due to the physics.

If a miracle happens and SMS somehow manages to make a sim easily rivaling the top hitters of the racing simulators family, I might still buy it. Just need to test it myself before making that decision. Realistically, though, nothing of the above is going to happen, hence no buying PC2 in all the certainty.

I've to tell you guys pCars was my first circuit"sim" after I played RBR and DR for a lot amount of time. However, when I bought AC and immediately deleted pCars (90 hours in) from my library. Bought Formula Trucks, GSCE shortly after. Then R3E made it's way onto my screens. Meanwhile I received AMS for free, bought the season pass and 2 weeks ago during winter sale I bought rFactor 2. I mean when you played the games I summed up you instantly feel how many shortcomings pCars has.

Last edited:
How anyone can look forward to this is beyond me.
Yer man Ian Bell is the single most arrogant person on the internet let alone in the gaming world [I wont even attempt to say hes part of the sim world because hes not] the way this guy conducts himself is an embarrassment to anyone associated with him or pcars.
We have so many vastly superior sims than pcars and I doubt mr arrogant and his team have the ability to make a better physics engine.
Pcars is on the scrap heap where it deserves to be, its just a shame I paid full price for it, but never again will they see my money.

Andy_J

I hate Race cheats ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Looks like the pCARs 2 threads will be as full of haters as the pCARs 1 threads. Don't people ever get bored of repeating the same old stuff? Apparently not.

The only "haters" (such a childish name) are the ones that call others haters and label any one who doesn't like something. If the be all and end all of race sims turned out to be not very good, that's because.........wait for it..........it's not very good compared to proper race sims.

Looks like the pCARs 2 threads will be as full of haters as the pCARs 1 threads. Don't people ever get bored of repeating the same old stuff? Apparently not.

To answer your question - No I will never get bored of dissing a company that operates like SMS or a rubbish game like PCARS.

Pcars never was and never will be relevant in the simracing world and neither will pcars2.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 81 19.0%
  • €151-500

Votes: 119 27.9%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 70 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 36 8.5%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 42 9.9%
  • €3001-5000