PC2 New Project CARS 2 Images Leaked

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
pcars 2 - 6.jpg

Leaked images of the in development Project CARS 2 title have surfaced on the internet recently, showing various vehicles and weather conditions contained within the title.

With the first Project CARS installment having come in for heavy criticism due to a wide variety of bugs and issues with the title across all platforms, Slightly Mad Studios CEO Ian Bell has confirmed via a recent interview that PCARS 2 is now at the Quality Assurance Process stage, predicting a minimum of seven months for the title to undergo rigorous testing and bug fixing prior to the studio releasing the game for public sale.

Project CARS 2 is the sequel to the highly popular Project CARS title released during 2015. The game is currently under early development and little is known about what players can expect once the title releases, probably during 2017. It is expected that PCARS 2 will contain similar features and content to the original, plus the following information contained on the office game website:

• THE LARGEST TRACK ROSTER EVER - 50 unique locations and 200+ courses including 'loose surface racing' on dirt, gravel, mud, and snow. All will have dynamic time of day and weather allowing you to play anytime, anywhere
  • THE WIDEST VARIETY OF MOTORSPORTS with 8 different disciplines now including Rallycross. 200+ cars from over 40 different vehicle classes including never-before-seen Concepts and Banned Race Cars
  • CO-OP CAREER - More choices, more opportunities, more strategy, greater risks and greater rewards
  • SEAMLESSLY CONNECTED - Socialize and compete via Online Track Days, have players from around the world take the place of AI-controlled drivers in your solo play, and get news updates on the Driver Network around you
  • PRO ESPORTS RACING - Skill & Behavioural-based matchmaking, create your own Online Racing Seasons, and Live Broadcast and Spectator functionality
  • YOUR HOME FOR RACING - Your own personal, customisable Test Track to tune and test your cars.

pcars 2 - 4.jpg
pcars 2 - 7.jpg

Project CARS 2 is due for release on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC during 2017.

Check out the Project CARS forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussions regarding Project CARS on both PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Browse out modding database, engage with the community or join in one of our many League and Club Racing events. Its all here at RaceDepartment.

pcars 2 - 1.jpg pcars 2 - 5.jpg

Are you looking forward to PCARS 2? Do you still have faith in SMS following the original release of PCARS and subsequent issues with the title? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I think they made a mistake announcing the sequel so soon, but i can almost guarantee that all developers that plan to release sequels, regardless of the genre, start working on the sequel before the first game even ships. They are typically mute about it for a while however.
Well yes, ofc, but to release a game that is full of bugs and then say "We are making the next game!" make you feel kinda ****ed with. Like "ha, you bought our buggy game, have that. We're of making a new one".

Jokes aside, I enjoyed the Radicals and have taken a liking to the Roush Trans-Am Mustang from the mid 90's. Both very fun cars. I think the tire behavior feels a little odd on fresh rubber, but once it wears in (20 minutes of driving) the feeling is pretty decent - on par with the first gen isiMotor titles like GTR Evo or rF1.

I'm not fond of sitting down for a full length race, only to completely decimate the AI cars on the highest difficulty. Nor am I cool with the several Force Feedback menus or extremely lifeless pit road.

They really need to do something drastic for pCars 2. I think if by some act of God they pull it off, Ian will be redeemed in the eyes of the sim community. If not, I think it's safe to say the dream is over. A lot riding on this regardless.

Are you looking forward to PCARS 2? Do you still have faith in SMS following the original release of PCARS and subsequent issues with the title? Let us know in the comments section below!

Comparatively, PCars is better than the last one. While not 100%, I still thought they could do better. Even though some things are still being worked on at this stage, it's shaping up to be better.

I must be one of the few people who really enjoyed PCars 1. Yes it wasn't a perfect game in the slightest. There was glitches (wasn't really affected by them though) and the crashes weren't realistic and the AI were sometimes way too easy to beat on the hardest difficulty but I was very happy on the whole. Online worked fine for me (one of the most important features) and the game was well supported by SMS, giving us a good amount of DLC and giving us more patches than you can hope for from codemasters (who decided that they needed to patch the iOS version more than the stupid amount of bugs it has at the moment)

I'm really looking forward to this, especially if there is an insane amount of tracks and content (50 tracks would keep me very happy). Plus the game will hopefully get a good amount of DLC. September would be lovely, but I'm willing to wait for delays if the game isn't ready

Totally second above. Looking forward to pCARS 2 and news about the development of this sim.

Cheers.

I am open to any racing game, just give an option to have the steering wheel without hands, or at least if they insist on having hands at least disable the fake rumbling I don't feel on my steering wheel (like F1 2016). That little thing ruined the experience in Project CARS for me and I can't comprehend how they couldn't give a setting for it.
Ya know, Ive heard alot about "fake" or "canned" FFB effects, like the rumbling you have mentioned. I'm not saying your not entitled to your opinion, but I find those type of effects much more realistic than one might initially think. Just drive down your local smooth road in your daily driver or luxury liner, and notice how much "feel" or bumpy sensation there is. Rarely, if ever do you ever feel nothing, there are almost always "suttle vibrations etc" comimg thru the steering wheel.

This is why I think it's unrealistic for there to be no sensation at all coming thru our Sim Wheels in large chuncks or time, or on the Straights for example.

Personally i like suttle, light vibrations randomly there most of the time, as i think it's most realistc.
However often in some games there is much "overkill" with the effects and maybe this is the kinda thing your referring to that ruined your F1 2016 game. :)

i play pcars 1 on PC and like ALL 'sims' something is good and something could be better.. RF2 maybe starts now, after 1000 years waiting.......and still we don't know what's coming.... (and people who payed for online racing and now it's free ? very very nice!!! ).
Anyway i payed 44 euros for early version and get back more the 150 from SMS,, just for AC and AMS dlc eh eh !!!
So I'll wait for PCars2, if it will be great i'll PLAY, if not i'll erase. Stop. No reason to spend thousand of complains here and there .... IMHO, of course !!!!

The only thing I like about PC1 is the $250+ Ive received over the past 18mths from backing it as a senior, it's helped me buy many DLC's for all the other race sims I actually enjoy:laugh:, hell PC1 isn't even installed on my computer these days, leaving space for more important race sims & associated mods.:thumbsup:
As far as buying PC2 goes...........not a fekin chance.

Once I learnt how to set PCars1 FFB properly the game changed as night to day. It took quite a lot of effort but I truly enjoy it now.

About PCars2: being a backer and having access to the internal builds I can only say I'm really happy about how it is evolving :)

Regards

I am actually very thankful that pcar exists, always a Motorsport fan and played some "arcade" games since i was 11.
The game was advertised in a German magazine and the screenshots looked just amazing, im not a graphic junkie but ......
Well got the game shortly after release and got addicted, first with keyboard and than i slowly started upgrading. The multiplayer was so alive, always full servers (easy to host multiplayer!).
Sadly port opening is still a thing in 2017.
You didn't have to invest into every single DLC to race online with other people, since only the host had to own the DLC. (A huge dividing factor in an already small community)
In the later stages i found these incredible abusive setups (up to 4 sec faster vs standard). Also the bugs were still there by october/november 2015 so i slowly started looking into other games ... AC, rfactor2, AMS, RR and i found racedepartment ;)

Overall i put 750 hours into pcar, i dont have it installed anymore, good times.
In regards to pcar2 i will wait and see, i certainly wont buy into the upcoming advertisement storm (look at the beauty shots)

Last edited:
Noooo way. Goosbumps all the way when i think about Shi(f)t 1 & 2. And Pcars was the best dev soap i have ever encountered.
Nice graphics and **** gameplay. I think Ian is creating racegames which personalize himself:whistling:

What do you mean by *should* already be in the game? The base track and car roster was more than ok. So why do you think everything they ever made should be included? I don't understand. If the value they offer is not good enough for you, then don't let yourself get *ripped* off and don't buy!

Pcars had just about 65 cars in the base game, and more than doubled that number with dlc.

I'd say that is a problem...

Pcars is visually strong ive played just to see the visuals. Game play interest was just a up hill battle. Ive said this in their forum,if they dont obtain licensing of ferrari,lamb or porsche 3 months and games finished again. Its an english brand sim game.

Pcars had just about 65 cars in the base game, and more than doubled that number with dlc.

Compared to other games in the genre, 65 cars is just fine, taking in consideration their diversity - not 5+ clones of one model to boast numbers. And why exactly more content over time is a problem?

Well, that may not have been a problem at all, if SMS delivered the product on time and as advertised... With properly sorted physics and features like triple screen support. Given they released a number of patches to address issues which made the game much better and more stable than the initial release. Thing is you won't get my money after delaying the title multiple times to ensure all the advertised "features" are included and the build is stable. Then dropping some of those features altogether a while after release and promising to release those features in the second game. Duh?!?
What prohibits them from just doing that again and promising to have them in the 3rd game...or the 4th (if the franchise survives that long) for that matter? Not a sterling track record in this case. So for me, this title would have to walk on water and create world peace, before I buy it for 60% less than its sticker price on the "Steam end of the world sale". That and also provided that it gets sterling reviews from the hard core sim community.

Pcars is visually strong ive played just to see the visuals. Game play interest was just a up hill battle. Ive said this in their forum,if they dont obtain licensing of ferrari,lamb or porsche 3 months and games finished again. Its an english brand sim game.

Problem is that rendering these licences in a beautiful yet flawed game is like sprinkling chocolate over a dog turd. It doesn't make the turd any nicer to eat and definitely does absolutely nothing for the chocolate ... they need to fix the game properly to start with to do those licences justice.

Compared to other games in the genre, 65 cars is just fine, taking in consideration their diversity - not 5+ clones of one model to boast numbers. And why exactly more content over time is a problem?

You are missing the point. Releasing ~65 cars as dlc when the base game only has 65 is the problem. Every sim has cars that drive uniquely, so that argument doesnt really mean much in this genre. If you were comparing against GT/Forza, the comparison is more apt.

And thus, the point that since they had ~65 dlc cars... the vast majority of those were stripped from the base game to sell you for further profit. They arent like other games in the genre that ship a specific amount of content.. and because they work on the game for a lengthy period of time decide to release some dlc at a later point. Pcars had certain content in mind for the game, stripped a large portion of it from the base game, and then sold it to you for extra moolah.

And then they instantly moved onto the next game to do this same thing all over again.

Be interesting to see if this "200+ cars" is including all dlc or the base game amount. I'd put $5 on "with all dlc."

Well, that may not have been a problem at all, if SMS delivered the product on time and as advertised... With properly sorted physics and features like triple screen support. Given they released a number of patches to address issues which made the game much better and more stable than the initial release. Thing is you won't get my money after delaying the title multiple times to ensure all the advertised "features" are included and the build is stable. Then dropping some of those features altogether a while after release and promising to release those features in the second game. Duh?!?
What prohibits them from just doing that again and promising to have them in the 3rd game...or the 4th (if the franchise survives that long) for that matter? Not a sterling track record in this case. So for me, this title would have to walk on water and create world peace, before I buy it for 60% less than its sticker price on the "Steam end of the world sale". That and also provided that it gets sterling reviews from the hard core sim community.

Pcars 2 is the game Pcars (1) should have been... or at least how it should have been with all the hype from the paid marketing shills (given that all the bugs from Pcars 1 are squashed). And following the trend, I expect Pcars 3 to be what Pcars 2 should have been once that releases a year or two after Pcars 2 is released.

Seems pretty clear what SMS wants to do. They already have the franchise model in place and shiny graphics sells games. Quite clear they have no intention of turning the game into a long term project like every other sim-racing developer out there.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 206 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 112 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 211 14.3%