PC2 New Project CARS 2 Images Leaked

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
pcars 2 - 6.jpg

Leaked images of the in development Project CARS 2 title have surfaced on the internet recently, showing various vehicles and weather conditions contained within the title.

With the first Project CARS installment having come in for heavy criticism due to a wide variety of bugs and issues with the title across all platforms, Slightly Mad Studios CEO Ian Bell has confirmed via a recent interview that PCARS 2 is now at the Quality Assurance Process stage, predicting a minimum of seven months for the title to undergo rigorous testing and bug fixing prior to the studio releasing the game for public sale.

Project CARS 2 is the sequel to the highly popular Project CARS title released during 2015. The game is currently under early development and little is known about what players can expect once the title releases, probably during 2017. It is expected that PCARS 2 will contain similar features and content to the original, plus the following information contained on the office game website:

• THE LARGEST TRACK ROSTER EVER - 50 unique locations and 200+ courses including 'loose surface racing' on dirt, gravel, mud, and snow. All will have dynamic time of day and weather allowing you to play anytime, anywhere
  • THE WIDEST VARIETY OF MOTORSPORTS with 8 different disciplines now including Rallycross. 200+ cars from over 40 different vehicle classes including never-before-seen Concepts and Banned Race Cars
  • CO-OP CAREER - More choices, more opportunities, more strategy, greater risks and greater rewards
  • SEAMLESSLY CONNECTED - Socialize and compete via Online Track Days, have players from around the world take the place of AI-controlled drivers in your solo play, and get news updates on the Driver Network around you
  • PRO ESPORTS RACING - Skill & Behavioural-based matchmaking, create your own Online Racing Seasons, and Live Broadcast and Spectator functionality
  • YOUR HOME FOR RACING - Your own personal, customisable Test Track to tune and test your cars.

pcars 2 - 4.jpg
pcars 2 - 7.jpg

Project CARS 2 is due for release on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC during 2017.

Check out the Project CARS forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussions regarding Project CARS on both PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Browse out modding database, engage with the community or join in one of our many League and Club Racing events. Its all here at RaceDepartment.

pcars 2 - 1.jpg pcars 2 - 5.jpg

Are you looking forward to PCARS 2? Do you still have faith in SMS following the original release of PCARS and subsequent issues with the title? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I played pCars from the early beginning (on PS4) and then switched to PC (mainly for triple screens). While I had a few bugs at first on PS4, I had none on PC (still don't). Graphically it is the best sim out there, so I am stoked for whatever SMS wants to throw at me. By the looks of it, it will be worth the waiting period.

I am driving a lot in AC, rF2, AMS and R3E too, but for some reason (probably the graphics), pCars still feels "home" to me. I just hope they did include triple screen support this time !

I am open to any racing game, just give an option to have the steering wheel without hands, or at least if they insist on having hands at least disable the fake rumbling I don't feel on my steering wheel (like F1 2016). That little thing ruined the experience in Project CARS for me and I can't comprehend how they couldn't give a setting for it.

Are you looking forward to PCARS 2? Yes
Do you still have faith in SMS following the original release of PCARS and subsequent issues with the title? I have faith. I had no issues at the time i bought it, apart from the AI unable to drive with 250cc karts. No bugs what so ever.

Very much looking forward, apart from Dirt Rally there is no other Sim out there with those nice weather effects and scenic graphics. Snowy surfaces while foggy, gritty weather? Yes please :)
Also the best AI by some margin, i had always the most fun in AI races in this title, compared to all other sims.
Hoping for Rallycross, but properly. Those 2 courses in Dirt Rally just don't cut it.

It has potential. If they learn from the mistakes and follow half of the constructive criticism, this can work. It will be insta-buy for the fools who still play pcars1 (and buy dlc --') so they have money to invest in something legit. I hope they focus on competing with AC and not simcades from the consoles.

I expect the same load of bugs and glitches as with the first one.

Btw. they already advertised their last release to have a skill/behaviour based matchmaking, they still advertise it on their webpage, but it's not in the game.
Multiplayer is a horror loaded with bugs like ghostcars, server crashing, clients crashing, tracks unplayable, player who comes in first is listed 2nd, forcefeedback stops working, tires getting faster when they wear, cars glueing together ... the list seems to have no end even that long time after it's release.

No thanks. To me SMS is the opposite of trustworthy.

If the FFB is better then I'll probably have a lot of fun with this one, for all it's faults I had fun with pCARS and got my moneys worth. Taking cars around Arjeplog will be fun.

I don't have any hopes it'll be replacing any of my other sims though but hey, I wouldn't mind being wrong.

graphics are amazing as always... the problem is the arcadish driving system...
If i want a more simcade game i like better something like FH or FM where i can bling and tune my car too... ;)

Are you looking forward to PCARS 2? Yes
Do you still have faith in SMS following the original release of PCARS and subsequent issues with the title? I have faith. I had no issues at the time i bought it, apart from the AI unable to drive with 250cc karts. No bugs what so ever.

Very much looking forward, apart from Dirt Rally there is no other Sim out there with those nice weather effects and scenic graphics. Snowy surfaces while foggy, gritty weather? Yes please :)
Also the best AI by some margin, i had always the most fun in AI races in this title, compared to all other sims.
Hoping for Rallycross, but properly. Those 2 courses in Dirt Rally just don't cut it.

PC is more a tourist driver, with family in the back game, then racedriver sim, very shiny surroudings, Woods , busses, houses etc shiny stuff more important then real race feel. But ok if you like it for me it was the most wasted money on a so called sim since mankind

I'm going to join with the nay-sayers on this one.
PC1 has got to be the worst PoS I wasted money on in 2016 (maybe Black Watchmen, it's a close call).
Granted, it's a very nice looking PoS, but it's still a PoS. :D
Added to that the somewhat questionable business practices of Mr. Bell et al, and I'm going to have to see some very convincing arguments before going anywhere near PC2.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 327 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 460 39.3%