New Assetto Corsa Scottish Track Preview

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AC Scotland 3.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni promised a mystery Scottish based fantasy track as a free gift for their Assetto Corsa simulation, and true to that promise Licencing Manager Marco Massarutto has sneaked out some interesting looking preview images of the new work in progress location.

The three preview screens shared by Massarutto show a typical looking Scottish scene wrapped around what looks to be a mixed bag of open road and tight country lanes road course. According to the end of year blog by Kunos, the new Scottish circuit will come in four different configurations, able to easily host a wide variety of classes from low powered tin tops to high downforce endurance vehicles.

It hasn't been revealed when exactly this track will be released, however the screens produced by Massarutto do show the track looking pretty much complete. It wouldn't be a big stretch of the imagination to expect this little Scottish gem to be included in the next core game update due probably sometime in Q1 2017.

AC Scotland 2.jpg
AC Scotland 1.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have released Assetto Corsa for Windows PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. The game features a number of road and race vehicles with many laserscanned circuits. Additional track and car content can be purchased by way of downloadable content.

One of the best ways to experience Assetto Corsa is to race against your fellow players online. You can do that here at RaceDepartment in our League and Club Racing section of the Assetto Corsa sub forum. We hold professionally run club events that cater for all different skills and experiences, as well as host regular high quality league racing events. Alongside our commitment to bring you quality racing we also host a large number of mods for the game. Jump over to our modding archive to have a browse at what is on offer, or even share details of your WIP project in our Modding Discussion forum.

Last edited:
ROFL @Epistolarius , you seem to be getting overly defensive nowadays man. Didn't even say anything along the lines of "omg kunos should die in a fire, those utter hacks can't create tracks", simply pointing out the same silly design decision they seem to want to carry over from BCC that many people legit moaned about. So yeah, no thank you for your lame advice of hurr ignore free track durr. I do actually like AC so I will not ignore the track if it is a good layout, doesn't mean I have no right to share my disappointment in their (read 2nd time repeating) wonky design choices if it actually turns out to be true. FFS, didn't realize we are not allowed to even give minor criticisms anymore, just ignore ignore ignore. :rolleyes:

how was that trash talking? They were all about realism, now they're making fantasy tracks.
You can be realistic without being real, which is impossible in a video game anyways... If they simulate materials and mechanical behavior the right way, it is realistic.... Almost all sims, if not all, have fictional content to overcome licencing or just to serve the users with a different experience....
Now if the track have an inverted looping and a force field filled with flying cheese burgers that you drive through... that's unrealistic..
I'm not a fan of made up tracks but I understand the purpose of it...Not gonna use it much but I'm sure a lot of people will :D

ROFL @Epistolarius , you seem to be getting overly defensive nowadays man. Didn't even say anything along the lines of "omg kunos should die in a fire, those utter hacks can't create tracks", simply pointing out the same silly design decision they seem to want to carry over from BCC that many people legit moaned about. So yeah, no thank you for your lame advice of hurr ignore free track durr. I do actually like AC so I will not ignore the track if it is a good layout, doesn't mean I have no right to share my disappointment in their (read 2nd time repeating) wonky design choices if it actually turns out to be true. FFS, didn't realize we are not allowed to even give minor criticisms anymore, just ignore ignore ignore. :rolleyes:
I suggest you read what you wrote and then come back complaining about my reaction to it. You're pissed off at a "sissified" fantasy track "for casual scrubs" that you get for free, well you're free to not drive on it (and by the way, the track isn't even out yet). It's their deliberate choice and your complaints do nothing, or do you think they didn't read all the flak people gave them for Black Cat County? I don't like those comically oversized signs and billboards either but I'm not a twat about it complaining over petty shite at every opportunity, I leave a neutral comment with my opinion and get over it, end of story. If you want to have an argument with me over it you're welcome on my ignore list.

Last I checked other sims like rF2 also have fantasy tracks as official content. Mills Metro Park comes to mind.
Quite a few of guys I met online actually thought Mills Metropark was a real track and asked me for help because they were planning a trip to US and they wished to take a look at the track IRL.
It took me quite a while to convince them that that track in rF is fantasy and "Hudson Mills Metropark" that they found on Google is not related to the race track in game.

I suggest you read what you wrote and then come back complaining about my reaction to it. You're pissed off at a "sissified" fantasy track "for casual scrubs" that you get for free, well you're free to not drive on it (and by the way, the track isn't even out yet). It's their deliberate choice and your complaints do nothing, or do you think they didn't read all the flak people gave them for Black Cat County? I don't like those comically oversized signs and billboards either but I'm not a twat about it complaining over petty shite at every opportunity, I leave a neutral comment with my opinion and get over it, end of story. If you want to have an argument with me over it you're welcome on my ignore list.
your comments generate more hate, fyi.

Holy hell @Epistolarius , proclaiming to ignore me even if I want to reply to justify my first post. Killing discussion before it happens. Amazing. Never in my life have I been threatened with an ignore or treated like some random troll, LOL. I'll still go ahead and explain myself even though you are a huge badass and would ignore me anyway. Here goes nothing I guess...

If you read my first post, all I was talking about was an authentic track environment, purely about graphics and how the oversized brake markers seem to be put in place to help out the newbies so that they don't murder sheep by going way off (rattlesnakes or whatever the case may be in BCC) at the cost of immersion... on top of being not authentic to the region the track is supposed to be set in in the first place. I know it is a fantasy track thank you for reminding me of that, but let me also remind you that it is still set in "Scotland" and not in "The Shire". The layouts of both BCC and this one may be pure fantasy, but both the US and Scotland are real places in our world with real roads upon which they are based on. My post had zero to do with sissifying the track layout and all to do with sissifying the authenticity of the environment.

And since you decided to call me a "twat" for bringing this up at every opportunity, the fact is that this is literally the 2nd time in my life that I brought this "petty shite" up as you put it. First time over on AC forum with a silly post hoping for no huge signs a month or so ago when this track was announced over on the news from the social media thread, and this here is the 2nd time I posted about this... only because I saw the markers made their way into the track judging from the pics and I just wanted to vent some disappointment. Even wrote "if it actually turns out to be true" in my 2nd comment here. I'll still enjoy the tracks regardless, if it is any consolation to you. :whistling:

Last edited:
I am really looking forward to that and all that usual blah blah aside, am I tripping balls right now because of the perspective or are the brake markers like really the size of electric poles in the second pic? Or is it just me being ignorant and those huge yellow poles actually a thing in scotland? Same thing with BCC and their turn markers the size of buses... why do their fantasy track have to be sissified because casual scrubs can't learn braking zones. Authentic public road environment be damned I guess.
Actually though from all the pics it looks like a temporary race track on public road. So perhaps the mega brake markers arent so strange. ;) I would have welcomed a proper public road as well and know what you meant about your post, but who knows what versions Kunos will ship. In the end it's a free what looks like a temp road track that looks pretty damn sweet from the pics. :)

WOW :rolleyes: who pushed the hate button :mad:, not even 2 full pages in and the threads in flames FFS. Do we need an admin here already:cautious:, how about you guys grow the **** up, agree to disagree, and leave the topic.......PLEASE!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Speaking of topics,
couldn't they use the tombstones as brake markers instead :)
Is that a Scottish tradition? Lol. No disrespect intended :D

This track sounds cool, Kunos have obviously put some thought into the layouts to cater for all car types, whether that's a racing or street car, seems there's going to be a track for every ones taste:thumbsup:. I would probably enjoy the high speed squirt through the townsite, it could be the thing that see's me fire up AC again, heck I might just download it and never hit the AC start button:unsure:, ya just never know;)

I understand you make a multi purpose fantasy track. But at least make it realistic.
Those giant brake markers, how long would they last? Between a graveyard with lethal tombstones and the track just some wooden poles, sure... How is that for a last resting place, having a car crashed on your corpse.
I think the kunos billboards are also much to big, bit of storm and they would be all over the track. Those sizes only come on buildings, for a good reason.
Rather would have seen they would have done an extra A-grade real life track.

Their choice. You're free to ignore the free content.

I will probably ignore it like I do with that Black Cat County thing, the problem is that I expect quality racing tracks in a racing sim, and by the time Laguna Seca is out (I read somewhere that it's pushed back to mid 2017), is going to be almost one year since the last time they released a real race track (Red Bull Ring)... not to mention that at the time that it's released, from the last 3 released tracks (free or not), 2 are fantasy tracks... If they were releasing tracks at higher pace like other sims, I guess it wouldn't matter if they make some fantasy stuff from time to time, but it's not the case.

As I stated above I don't mind the fantasy tracks at all, find them fun and a nice break from regular tracks every once in a while. If we're wishing for things I wish they'd move on to AC2 already so they can implement night racing at the very least, I know the idea of putting out new products is current sacrilege but even Kunos themselves make no secret that they're engine is limited and holding certain features back.

I will probably ignore it like I do with that Black Cat County thing, the problem is that I expect quality racing tracks in a racing sim, and by the time Laguna Seca is out (I read somewhere that it's pushed back to mid 2017), is going to be almost one year since the last time they released a real race track (Red Bull Ring)... not to mention that at the time that it's released, from the last 3 released tracks (free or not), 2 are fantasy tracks... If they were releasing tracks at higher pace like other sims, I guess it wouldn't matter if they make some fantasy stuff from time to time, but it's not the case.

When was AC releasing tracks slower than anybody else? Yeah, AMS and R3E (i assume so, not very interested in R3E) have released a few the last year AC is probably more frequent, fair enough, iRacing released 2 last year but they hadn't had a proper release for a few years before. I personally think that in a game where the best real tracks are in there already (excluding Knockhill, no sim has that :() Fiction tracks are the next thing to do before other tracks that maybe aren't as good. Fair enough, Kunos still have a few cool tracks to tick off the list but i think fantasy tracks have been absent from sims for too long and more need to be added to the latest sims.

You don't ever get bored trash talking the sim, do you.

You guys should look at his avatar, it is the Kappa guy, meant to be used in a joke! Yeah, it does get a bit boring after a while but i don't think he is serious about what he says. And if he is, just ignore him, he is another guy on the internet that you might find a bit annoying. If you think he is trolling and being an idiot, keep it to yourself, you are just encouraging him to have more fun with you...

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.6%