New Assetto Corsa Scottish Track Preview

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AC Scotland 3.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni promised a mystery Scottish based fantasy track as a free gift for their Assetto Corsa simulation, and true to that promise Licencing Manager Marco Massarutto has sneaked out some interesting looking preview images of the new work in progress location.

The three preview screens shared by Massarutto show a typical looking Scottish scene wrapped around what looks to be a mixed bag of open road and tight country lanes road course. According to the end of year blog by Kunos, the new Scottish circuit will come in four different configurations, able to easily host a wide variety of classes from low powered tin tops to high downforce endurance vehicles.

It hasn't been revealed when exactly this track will be released, however the screens produced by Massarutto do show the track looking pretty much complete. It wouldn't be a big stretch of the imagination to expect this little Scottish gem to be included in the next core game update due probably sometime in Q1 2017.

AC Scotland 2.jpg
AC Scotland 1.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have released Assetto Corsa for Windows PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. The game features a number of road and race vehicles with many laserscanned circuits. Additional track and car content can be purchased by way of downloadable content.

One of the best ways to experience Assetto Corsa is to race against your fellow players online. You can do that here at RaceDepartment in our League and Club Racing section of the Assetto Corsa sub forum. We hold professionally run club events that cater for all different skills and experiences, as well as host regular high quality league racing events. Alongside our commitment to bring you quality racing we also host a large number of mods for the game. Jump over to our modding archive to have a browse at what is on offer, or even share details of your WIP project in our Modding Discussion forum.

Last edited:
Looks awesome. Before the release of Black Cat County I imagined it would be a lot narrower. I think this track will fill that void. Can't wait for Laguna Seca either, one of my favourites since Gran Turismo 2. I wish they produced more tracks though, as one their staff here in the forums stated it doesn't take so much longer than producing a car (it was in the thread about the C9 Sprint IIRC). More tracks and better AI, all my needs and expectations for "AC 1" :)

I am really looking forward to that and all that usual blah blah aside, am I tripping balls right now because of the perspective or are the brake markers like really the size of electric poles in the second pic? Or is it just me being ignorant and those huge yellow poles actually a thing in scotland? Same thing with BCC and their turn markers the size of buses... why do their fantasy track have to be sissified because casual scrubs can't learn braking zones. Authentic public road environment be damned I guess.

Insert cliché about Scottish weather here...

I have to say the track doesn't look 'typically Scottish' to me so far, but anything with undulations and fast, flowing corners is bound to be a winner!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 197 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 381 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 519 38.6%