New Assetto Corsa Scottish Track Preview

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AC Scotland 3.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni promised a mystery Scottish based fantasy track as a free gift for their Assetto Corsa simulation, and true to that promise Licencing Manager Marco Massarutto has sneaked out some interesting looking preview images of the new work in progress location.

The three preview screens shared by Massarutto show a typical looking Scottish scene wrapped around what looks to be a mixed bag of open road and tight country lanes road course. According to the end of year blog by Kunos, the new Scottish circuit will come in four different configurations, able to easily host a wide variety of classes from low powered tin tops to high downforce endurance vehicles.

It hasn't been revealed when exactly this track will be released, however the screens produced by Massarutto do show the track looking pretty much complete. It wouldn't be a big stretch of the imagination to expect this little Scottish gem to be included in the next core game update due probably sometime in Q1 2017.

AC Scotland 2.jpg
AC Scotland 1.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have released Assetto Corsa for Windows PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. The game features a number of road and race vehicles with many laserscanned circuits. Additional track and car content can be purchased by way of downloadable content.

One of the best ways to experience Assetto Corsa is to race against your fellow players online. You can do that here at RaceDepartment in our League and Club Racing section of the Assetto Corsa sub forum. We hold professionally run club events that cater for all different skills and experiences, as well as host regular high quality league racing events. Alongside our commitment to bring you quality racing we also host a large number of mods for the game. Jump over to our modding archive to have a browse at what is on offer, or even share details of your WIP project in our Modding Discussion forum.

Last edited:
Looks like a good fun track and for me that's what matters. Will make a change to drive a fantasy track, if I want to drive a layout that would never get made in real life (safety, costs, etc) then this is a cool option.

I think the reason why sim companies are taking so long to create tracks is just the detail now involved. With laser scanning, thousands of reference photos, tonnes of testing and also all the legal licencing work it's almost like a small movie production now :laugh:

I think the reason why sim companies are taking so long to create tracks is just the detail now involved. With laser scanning, thousands of reference photos, tonnes of testing and also all the legal licencing work it's almost like a small movie production now :laugh:

Well, it takes longer to make a decent fantasy tracks IMO, you have to design the track rather than copy pasting a real track :D

Well, it takes longer to make a decent fantasy tracks IMO, you have to design the track rather than copy pasting a real track :D

It's a kind of give and take in both cases :) In a fantasy track your imagination is the limit of what you can achieve but yes you have to work on the layout more. On the other hand when you are trying to recreate something from reality you have to get and model all the details right and that takes an awful lot of time as well. Not necessarily the track but kerb heights, rumble strips, markings, all the little details on the buildings, areas where the wall and Armco starts and stops, etc.

Because knowing what some are like on here, they will notice that a kerb is one inch higher on the sim than it is in real life! :laugh:;)

• Deleted member 241736

how was that trash talking? They were all about realism, now they're making fantasy tracks.
In that case I agree with Blimey. I'm also a mere racing guy and it's called "Your racing simulator". A fantasy road track can be driven in real life it's easy to do: Open your frontdoor and enjoy life! Same with the streetcars e.g. the SUV. What the hell brings somebody to drive such (ugly) one in an racing simulator? - do it in real life please/ thx!

In that case I agree with Blimey. I'm also a mere racing guy and it's called "Your racing simulator". A fantasy road track can be driven in real life it's easy to do: Open your frontdoor and enjoy life! Same with the streetcars e.g. the SUV. What the hell brings somebody to drive such (ugly) one in an racing simulator? - do it in real life please/ thx!

I keep saying this but people don't get it; even though they aren't designed to race, the SUV's can still race, there is nothing stopping you doing so and i am sure it could be fun!

• Deleted member 241736

i so utterly fail to see why one should start a fight here?! a publisher presents you with a free track which you may or may not use. Mmmmh. Other than: "I love the images" or "that corner reminds of where I live" I wouldn't know what else to say, apart from: thx publisher.
(disclaimer: i own the game but do not have it installed atm as i do not much fancy it)
Ecki, it is the old discussion. If we complain posted adds for AC, we all think "They shoudn't waste their value time and ideas for such s***. We're hungry for racing stuff. Cheers!

Some of us still need to learn the value of gratitude. My 5 year old sun is starting to get it...
I hope the ungrateful individuals dont mess up for the rest of us. I wonder when I design fictional liveries for real life content people go like "we want real liveries not some fictional designs"?
It was so tiring to read until here, unbelievable how 2017 started with a desillusion for Kunos to finally have a nice clean comment thread about their new FREE content. Not completely innocent myself in the past but way past that point of "what I want or dont want".
So to @kunos , thank you for the music
....and to all the haters / pessimists / spoilt childs....whatever

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 361 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%