New Assetto Corsa Scottish Track Preview

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AC Scotland 3.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni promised a mystery Scottish based fantasy track as a free gift for their Assetto Corsa simulation, and true to that promise Licencing Manager Marco Massarutto has sneaked out some interesting looking preview images of the new work in progress location.

The three preview screens shared by Massarutto show a typical looking Scottish scene wrapped around what looks to be a mixed bag of open road and tight country lanes road course. According to the end of year blog by Kunos, the new Scottish circuit will come in four different configurations, able to easily host a wide variety of classes from low powered tin tops to high downforce endurance vehicles.

It hasn't been revealed when exactly this track will be released, however the screens produced by Massarutto do show the track looking pretty much complete. It wouldn't be a big stretch of the imagination to expect this little Scottish gem to be included in the next core game update due probably sometime in Q1 2017.

AC Scotland 2.jpg
AC Scotland 1.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have released Assetto Corsa for Windows PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. The game features a number of road and race vehicles with many laserscanned circuits. Additional track and car content can be purchased by way of downloadable content.

One of the best ways to experience Assetto Corsa is to race against your fellow players online. You can do that here at RaceDepartment in our League and Club Racing section of the Assetto Corsa sub forum. We hold professionally run club events that cater for all different skills and experiences, as well as host regular high quality league racing events. Alongside our commitment to bring you quality racing we also host a large number of mods for the game. Jump over to our modding archive to have a browse at what is on offer, or even share details of your WIP project in our Modding Discussion forum.

Last edited:
This discussion reminds me of the AC-thread were i got so much fanboy-hits by saying: the Porsche 962 is ridiculous slow. Miraculously i improved my Spa-lap-time within three laps by 6 seconds since the last update and really trying hard before. And the GT1 is so much better now as well, even the fanboys throwing **** on me with their narrow minds. But just drive them once more: they are so much faster and do the corners like they should :thumbsup:

And innovation don't come out of people who thinks everything is all right:p

• Deleted member 130869

Not sure if it's possible or not to laserscan iconic tracks that were demolished decades ago, but it's important to keep with the method as much as possible, as AC tracks are some of the best available.
Something about the zandvoort doesn't seem to be quite as immersive as the others.

The area is mostly sand-based, and recreating that environment is a challenge. There shouldn't be anything from layout to impact immersion but instead from the artwork.

Sector3 has the best track environments and as far as I know, only 1 track was made with provided laser-scan data. I don't even know if they've had other tracks made with provided surveys, which is just as accurate for the resolution our computers can handle.

ps: I think GP4 was the first one with proper GPS-coordinates usage for building tracks. Using GPS with LiDAR or piles of good reference photos can bring outstanding results.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if it's possible or not to laserscan iconic tracks that were demolished decades ago, but it's important to keep with the method as much as possible, as AC tracks are some of the best available.
Something about the zandvoort doesn't seem to be quite as immersive as the others.
can't disagree more, I prefer Zaandovort to something like Magione/Vallelunga any time of day, and can't really say that not laser scanning hurt it
for me it's more about the actual track and how well done it is, rather then if it's 100% accurate or not

Last edited:
I think AC was the reason why the Nissan GT-R GT3 got up in the air at the VLN-race in March 2015 and the speed-limit was invented after that. But this Nissan-driver and Nordschleife-rookie probably was practicing on the new laserscanned Nordschleife in AC ("GT Academy-driver") with the same car and the GT-R GT3 wasn't lifting like this in AC. Kunos fixed this physics-issue after and be aware with the Nissan and some other cars before entering Flugplatz, but AC is not meant to train professional drivers and bumps like this can be added afterwards.
Sorry, but this is just ridiculous.
A spectator died, so nothing to joke about...
The only joke here is what you wrote above.
Please next time take your time and ponder extensively before posting.

Last edited:
Well I guess I will have to reconsider my decent words of defending @kunos ....apparantly not only some in here can demolish a thread with their salty opinions, it seems that his kunos masters' voice is one of utter shameless contempt towards a well intending and not to be underestimated pilot.
This REALLY is an eye opener for me. Wow I almost like to think this is fake.:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
Read this! !
http://lm.facebook.com/l.php?u=http://visedeg.no/images/lvzbakshd72xtry0oqcf.jpg&h=qAQHvLaHN&enc=AZMquP8Jy1iKjUNACCTZiMIykg7w6j-jmfbflVq0Xp3PTeWs4Cr3V9GnlI0WB4xUZHi8ANCuzI0JpKDgV3f7wDJfcCEMjeDAk1PD42xjYV9zrqquaaITtcM1bRqYb2SLUXu1XOXCBNcXi2Ng38B4zrW7JV6BaGwsGr7KNEAUn13cqNQOoHuCNdT8w9iU4CXpocnmfAJD5E7J5n809G0UjGg_IjL8rIyqdCnwy80Yg11x-kyljBmu1DL2hRzt0nw4rrjtDk06kHtZSYTPvKku1POtrfcJX5owkNJjks3M3P2foFkOEbjoI12rfOzQcY1QjFg&s=1
There have been two locked threads about that already. I guess this will now be the third.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back