5. Kyle Hrabal, #2----------------7
6. Evan Potter, #83--------------6
7. Shawn Gortman, #78--------5+1
8. Colin Pappas, #43------------4
9. Bob Warren, #27--------------3+1
10.Robert Waddell, #21--------2
11.Dylan Reinke, #44-----------1

NASCAR Heat Evolution DMR rebranding 2.jpg

NASCAR Heat Evolution developers Dusenberry Martin Racing rebranded and confirm new game to launch towards the end of 2017.

With NASCAR Heat Evolution universally considered to have fallen rather short of players expectations back in 2016, the development team behind the title have gone to great lengths this winter to restructure and reassess their priorities as they gear up to hopefully produce a new game worthy of the official NASCAR racing licence.

Whilst retaining the considerable might of Monster Games to work on the sequel to NASCAR Heat Evolution, the now newly titled 704games have looked to expand their back office staff and re focus their attentions to the popular series, with work having already begun on a new Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC release of the NASCAR franchise.

As part of the rebranding announcement today, 704games have confirmed the signing of industry veteran and former NASCAR Senior Vice President Paul Brooks as the studio's new CEO. According to the official announcement Brooks spent 19 years with NASCAR in various leadership roles including Senior Vice President of NASCAR and President of NASCAR Media Group. In 2016, Brooks became an investor in Dusenberry Martin Racing and serves as Chairman of the Board.

“With decades of game development and publishing experience across our entire team at 704Games, there is tremendous opportunity for our future,” said Brooks. “Not only will 704Games offer new platforms for fans to get in the action of their favourite sport and continue to help introduce fans to NASCAR with high-quality and innovative products, but we’re also developing areas to expand our gaming library to new places.

704Games will continue to hold NASCAR’s exclusive console simulation-style video game license. The company will release its first NASCAR-branded mobile racing game this spring, as well as a much-anticipated sequel to its 2016 console game, NASCAR Heat Evolution, this fall.

About 704Games
704Games is a video game publisher and developer focused on delivering high-quality experiences on console and mobile. 704Games, a video game licensee of NASCAR, released their first console game, NASCAR Heat Evolution, in September 2016 on the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Xbox One. 704Games is headquartered at NASCAR Plaza in Charlotte, North Carolina.

NASCAR Heat Evolution is available to purchase for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and via Steam for PC.

NASCAR Heat Evolution DMR rebranding 3.jpg
NASCAR Heat Evolution DMR rebranding 4.jpg
NASCAR Heat Evolution DMR rebranding.jpg

Check out the NASCAR Heat Evolution sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more of the news and discussion regarding the PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 version of the game. If you like online racing, why not check out the awesome NASCAR Friday Night Heat Series or visit our mods section for some downloadable content.

What do you think of NASCAR Heat Evolution? Do you think the "new" studio can create a suitably improved game second time around? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
After 14 years, there's still not a better NASCAR game than NASCAR Racing Season 2003, the community behind that was huge and parts of it still remain. Give us that with updated physics and graphics and you will sell sell sell. I still play nr2003 very often.

Regarding console gaming Heat Evolution was much better than previous takes with the NASCAR license over the past few years, but wasn't a touch on EA in my opinion.

I'll tag along and add this, 704games is also publishing a NASCAR Heat Mobile game. If you live in Canada, you can already find it on the app store as part of the "soft launch". Free to play, 40 cars on screen at once, all the official tracks, and a sort of tycoon/clicker/management mode that deals with the financials of your race team. You get a limited amount of race fuel that replenishes over time, so I guess that's the f2p gimmick that you have to deal with. Hopefully the f2p elements are reasonable.

This would be the first official NASCAR mobile game, not counting add-on content for things like Real Racing 3 or games made by teams, sponsors, or tracks. A full field of 40 cars is something I didn't expect to see on a mobile game. Apparently, the new developers (not MGI of the console series) used a draw distance effect similar to Silent Hill's fog to get 40 cars to work - maybe a mix of LODs and dark concealing shaders.

EDIT - the developers are Firebrand games. They've apparently worked on mobile/nintendo ports for Trackmania, Codemasters, Need for Speed, THQ, Hot Wheels, Cars, etc. They developed all versions of the NASCAR Unleashed kart-racing game from 2011.

I loved all of the Papyrus games from back in the late 80's through to early 2000's and they formed the core of my racing experience during that time. I could not begin to work out how many hours I spent on their Nascar games through those years.

Nascar Heat Evolution, even though being slated on many fronts since it's release is a very solid recreation of the sport in my view and I have thoroughly enjoyed it in the time since I picked it up a few months ago and it has certainly been a massive surprise to me.

How do you NASCAR guys see the stock cars in rF2 out of interest? Is it the lack of official licence, car brands or something else do you think that holds it back?

I'm no NASCAR expert by any account, but I kind of assumed that the rF2 stockcars would be more popular than they ended up being. Just wondering why :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.