AC Multiclass Audi TT/Mazda MX5 @ Portimao, Wednesday 28th April 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
mx5 please and thank you
In case you don't know. You can find the server by searching for 'racedepartment' in the online screen (AC or Content Manager). It will be up around 18.00 UTC, don't know what time it is then in Canada but it's in 10 minutes from now.

Last edited:
I'm not sure I will be able to join the race. My son had a problem at school and we're trying to solve. If it's too late I hope I didn't took anyone's place, in the opposite case please Han remove me from the list, I'll be back next week :(

I'm not sure I will be able to join the race. My son had a problem at school and we're trying to solve. If it's too late I hope I didn't took anyone's place, in the opposite case please Han remove me from the list, I'll be back next week :(
There's enough spots so join when you can

Amazing race guys thanks Han for hosting as usual, that was fantastic battling it out with you and @Kek700 ...if not for your spin you would've been long gone :) Thanks to both of you and your patience when you were following me I was trying my best to defend even though there were many corners where I should've been faster...it became obvious which corners I was clearly slower. Great learning experience and very sweaty now

CHeers

Great race. Lost lots ground first few turns. Managed to get back into 4th (mazdas) but Ernie, Vince and Han although constantly in sight remained an elusive 5 or so seconds in front that I couldn't close. Patient passing mostly from the Audi drivers. You do lose quite a bit of time I found in the mazdas no matter how clean the passes were.. @HF2000 thanks for organising.

Real shame Han spun, i had a torrid race, mistake after mistake.
Vince, you drove faultlessly, most impressive, pity that Han could not have joined though.
And why was my Mx5 so slow on the straights. :unsure:
I Will check the replay, just in case it was my imagination, I know the Push 2 Pass button was not working, and yes I really did push it.:D:D:D

Amazing race guys thanks Han for hosting as usual, that was fantastic battling it out with you and @Kek700 ...if not for your spin you would've been long gone :) Thanks to both of you and your patience when you were following me I was trying my best to defend even though there were many corners where I should've been faster...it became obvious which corners I was clearly slower. Great learning experience and very sweaty now

CHeers
Actually I didn't spin but an Audi hit me first on the inside in T3 and came from the outside on my racingline in T4. We collided and I went off track. He didn't wait for me.
I've already send him a PM. Fortunately after that we had some fun in the last laps although it was hard for me to get my pace back. Saying that I was pissed would be an understatement.

Thanks all for joining! Apart from that certain Audi compliments to all Audi's for such a patient and respectful overtaking!

Last edited:
Guys,

I'd like some feedback from you. Do you like following (or rather preceding) the F1 as the track where we are going in the same week?

Second question: After Spain comes Monaco in the F1. As far as I know, there isn't a (good) mod for that track for AC. Are you willing to learn a other street circuit for the Monaco week? I promise it will be great fun!

EDIT: There's one mod but it seems to have performance problems. I will try it but it would help it some other try it too and give me their findings.

Last edited:
Actually I didn't spin but an Audi hit me first on the inside in T3 and came from the outside on my racingline in T4. We collided and I went off track. He didn't wait for me.
I've already send him a PM. Fortunately after that we had some fun in the last laps although it was hard for m
Well you could have slowed down a bit :p !
Yes, but I was unsure and wanted to play it safe and hold my position. :p

Guys,

I'd like some feedback from you. Do you like following (or rather preceding) the F1 as the track where we are going in the same week?

Second question: After Spain comes Monaco in the F1. As far as I know, there isn't a (good) mod for that track for AC. Are you willing to learn a other street circuit for the Monaco week? I promise it will be great fun!
I like it to have the race before the F1 raceweek. Because now I know Portimao inside out and can determine where the f1 cars actually are on the track. :)

I don't mind!
Wouldn't this mod be an option?
I didn't drive it yet, but it looks not too bad.

Last edited:
Guys,

Hi Han, first of all many thanks for organising another good race.

I like the format of following the F1 calendar, it gives the club race some context.

As for my race, well after finding a good set up and being quick in practice and no too bad in qualifying, I totally forgot about the Audi ‘no clutch ‘ peculiarity and moved at the start giving me a drive through penalty after bogging off the line.

Having to make my way through from dead last was interesting and apologies for any MX5 drivers if I made any unconventional passes.

I was catching Doug but the drive through was just too much to make up in the time.

Thanks again and looking forward to the next one!

Best ever qualifying (2nd) and best every finish (3rd) so very pleased with that race. My first lap on cold tyres meant I lost 2nd fairly quickly. I did a few AI races so I knew how hard it is to overtake and wasn't surprised I was followed @thom462 for most of the race. I just didn't just quite capitalise when he made a mistake :-(

Thanks for organising Han

Last edited:
Guys,

EDIT: There's one mod but it seems to have performance problems. I will try it but it would help it some other try it too and give me their findings.
I like this format and i agree with what the other said, personally i would like to try a race at Monaco if there is an acceptable mod.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.5%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.7%