AC Multiclass Abarth500/MazdaMX5@Motopark, Wed 25th January 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
A bit late catching up with the current crop of posts. I've missed some fun it seams although i am concerned that Han can now see the track he is racing on. As Rasmus said, most of us are trying to sharpen the clarity of our racing world and Han does not even need a road to drive on. I used to play GT1 with my son over 20 years ago and it looks like that :confused:
How quick is he going to be now he can see where he is going, that is the question.

Anyway, Mazda 36 please Han

Interested to know what you'd class as a 5?
I'm working in alphabetical order in countries and I'm about to start with French tracks. Up till now Horsma Raceway is the only one that got a 5. I classified Bathurst as a 4 for example.

But of course this is subjective because it's my opinion. And I'm testing it in the Abarth, not in the Mazda.
An other example is the RedBullRing that has also a 4 because I'm struggling in 4 of the 10 corners there. Others might find this track quite easy.

Last edited:
For all who are interested: this is the model I'm using for classifying the track.
1674379339794.png

With cm:
Start CM, 1-2s and it's open, with the last thing you did.
So for me mostly the online drive section.
Racedep filter still applied, passwords stored.
Last car choice already selected too.

So I can go from desktop to loading screen within 4 seconds! :)
Wow! Thanks for all the information @RasmusP :thumbsup:
I will definitely be taking the plunge... at least with:
1- Content Manger (latest ver.?)
2- Custom Shaders Patch (1.73)
And I'm stealing that AF from Han, haha! :D

I assume I do CM first and CSP later... from CM itself?

Last edited:
2- Custom Shaders Patch (1.73)
You'll need 0.1.76!
You can't get on the server with anything older.
The versions are easily selectable with one click in CM. You can up-/downgrade within a few seconds.
1- Content Manger (latest ver.?)
It auto-updates when starting afaik, so don't worry about that :)
Or it gives you a little pop-up at the top right corner. Easily updated in any case and simply use the latest version!
And I'm stealing that AF from Han, haha! :D
Please don't tell me you were using anything lower than 8x? :roflmao:

You are a walking library. :D
Nah just good with PCs and racing in the AC clubs since 2017.
And a quick typer on the phone with rarely doing something where I can't do quick refreshes and reply :)

Happy to help!
I'm backing up all AC at the moment (will walk the dog meanwhile) and will proceed as advised... CM first then CSP from CM and will go for 1.76. :thumbsup:
For cm and csp, there's really no need to backup anything!
CSP adds 1 folder and 1 dll.
CM is only 1 folder and simply reads out your AC files.

At any time you can still use the default launcher without issues!
And to get rid of CSP, just delete the dwrite.dll in your steam AC folder.

Cleaning your AC from everything of these 2 would only mean deleting 2 folders and the dll.

They don't change any AC files!
I'm sure I had 8x or more... I like eye-candy... booty kind of guy, haha! :roflmao:
Lol :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
As long as you stay faithful to AC and won't jump in bed with a young, fresh, prettier simracing title that has a flat character ;)
I mean c'mon, AC tries everything to stay pretty in comparison, lol.

Is there winter in motopark or is my settings Fu''''d up some how?
Go into cm - > csp - > track adjustments
There you'll find "disable seasonal adjustments" or something like that.

CM sets your session settings to the current date but the standard AC servers without csp don't have a line for the date.
So you end up with the winter config for the track.

I still don't understand why this is activated by default...
Everything else is pretty well dialed in at csp defaults.

Last edited:
Loud and clear, thanks! Yeah, I showed my age there... "backup before upgrading" is forged in my system ever since Windows 3.1 :roflmao:
I have now CM "Lite", is upgrading to "Full" a good idea? What do I miss?
Haha yeah, well I mean I have a vanilla AC and a "clubracing" AC on my external hard drive that I can just drag in and jump into an RD race in case I screw something up too far when playing around with stuff.

Just not needed in this special case of CM & csp :D

CM lite vs full:
I don't think you need the full version for anything tbh.
But I think sending 5-10€ to him for creating this awesome tool for the community is fair :)

I've read about the af implementation being a bit taxing in AC and sometimes nvidia has better quality but honestly I didn't notice a difference in AC and never in any other game..
I've tried both options and I see a difference. With the aniso setting in the NVIDIA at 16x I see the lines from far away. With the setting in CM at 16x the lines are not there far way but appear when closer. This doesn't look realistic so I use the NVIDIA setting now.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea