AC Multiclass Abarth500/MazdaMX5@Motopark, Wed 25th January 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
it needs the shadow under the car to make it look attached, which it now does,
I totally agree! I'm quite baffled that I didn't notice them missing yet :O_o::cautious::roflmao:
Still trying to get the bleeding PC to run with Assetto Corsa on this track, so if any one spots anything strange, apart from me, when I am on the server to night, give us a shout.
I know what the problem is, it is trying to fix it that is giving me grief….

View attachment 634147
Do you need any help ? :roflmao:

Mission impossible turn out to be possible , abarth on p1 . really unlucky the race for Thomas and Allan which made for me the opportunity to grab it . Jari at the start i was having problem with my pace sorry if i slowed your pace congratz for p1 Mx5 class . i was really on the limit in some lap found this track really hard with my turtle shell aka Understeer Paradise

Last edited:
Mission impossible turn out to be possible , abarth on p1 . really unlucky the race for Thomas and Allan which made for me the opportunity to grab it . Jari at the start i was having problem with my pace sorry if i slowed your pace congratz for p1 Mx5 class . i was really on the limit in some lap found this track really hard with my turtle shell.
it was impressive seeing you kick that little bugger around the track though, nice!!

Yeah, these guys keep getting faster. ;)
Safe the replay and have a look at their technique, thats helpfull for most.

As for myself, I purposely underqualified as I wanted to avoid an "uneventfull" race like I had yesterday, and "Boy Howdy" the guys were all over my trunk ( and several times deep in it :O_o:)

So I got my wish of "battle practice", could have been a bit more gentle though.

All in all a fun but sweaty race, learned a lot about defending against battle tanks.

Thanks Han for organizing and another task for you when checking out new (MOD) tracks:
how do the track limits work?:rolleyes:

See you in the next one

BeerTime Carsten

P10! This is redemption for last week; in a track in which I struggled throughout the week. I must have done around 100+ laps on the track to practice, get the right setup and it's surprsising that the fastest lap actually was during the race.

As usual, I was careful at the start and got in quite a good position, following Han during the entirety of the first third of the race. Driver errors then jumped me up in P7 (uncustomary territory for me). I pushed for the last half of the race as much as possible, however, the pressure got to me and Han capitalized. I didin't want to give up and pursued him for three laps but then a lapped car made me lose contact with him. At that point it looked like a P8 was possible but at the only error during the race I lost a couple of positions and ended up in P10 which is still an awesome result.

It has been an incredible first month in this community and I didn't hope I would get to improve so quickly, but it seems like long practice and studying a bit of how setups work have helped significantly. Congratulations to the winner! Finally an Abarth winner! It's officially a party tonight!

Practice 3, Q5, this track suited me, felt like a go-kart track, loved it. Could use some more kerbs here and there and a huge wall to keep you from falling into the nether, floating in nomansland. Practiced this track quite a lot the last few days and met and spoke lots of fellow training partners, that was fun too! Couldn't quite nail it in quali, aimed for 38's but they didn't come tonight.

Starting from P5, next to Douglas, trading paint in the first corner, but both made it quite nicely through the first corners, Robert on our tails... I brought less speed at the exit to the straight, so both closing in on me quite fast. High speed lefthander after the back straight, Douglas and I just touched a tiny little, just enough for me to make me enter the green realms... spun and had to start from the back, again.. Shook off the stress, put my head down and followed Raul to catch drivers ahead. And that's still something I have to learn. Stiil not confident enough to just put the car next to another and claim the line in a bold but clean way. Had nice chases with Carsten and later on with Omar, I had a hard time passing them. The difference between hotlapping quick laps and overtaking. I'll keep trying though!

Gave Allan a free pass twice, 'cause I thought he was in the lead, but he wasn't :cool:
. Than see it as a thank you for some good advice on sunday Allan (thanks again!)

So, finishing P11, knowing there are some things with the result of others, isn't that bad for me. I made less mistakes, kept going, did some nice laps and enjoyed the race.

Thanks guys! Thanks Han!

Last edited:
P10! This is redemption for last week; in a track in which I struggled throughout the week. I must have done around 100+ laps on the track to practice, get the right setup and it's surprsising that the fastest lap actually was during the race.

As usual, I was careful at the start and got in quite a good position, following Han during the entirety of the first third of the race. Driver errors then jumped me up in P7 (uncustomary territory for me). I pushed for the last half of the race as much as possible, however, the pressure got to me and Han capitalized. I didin't want to give up and pursued him for three laps but then a lapped car made me lose contact with him. At that point it looked like a P8 was possible but at the only error during the race I lost a couple of positions and ended up in P10 which is still an awesome result.

It has been an incredible first month in this community and I didn't hope I would get to improve so quickly, but it seems like long practice and studying a bit of how setups work have helped significantly. Congratulations to the winner! Finally an Abarth winner! It's officially a party tonight!
Congratulations, Engli. What also is impressive is the progress you have made in such a short time:thumbsup:! You were maybe a bit slower than me but I expect you to be faster next week if you continue to improve yourself at this pace!

I came into tonight fearing a lowly position as I had really struggled in my short practice sessions this week.

I was struggling in the 1 hour pre qualifying practice, too, and was only in the mid 40s.

Qualifying surprised me, on low fuel I found some decent pace and pipped Callum for p6.

Decent start and alongside Bouke into t1. Slight touch but no harm. Unfortunately another touch in the left hander at the end of the main straight saw him sliding off. I think a racing incident but not great taking my team mate off. :(

First third of the race I was doing decent times but had Callum and Robert close behind. Did OK until a small lapse saw me sliding off, losing 4 seconds and 2 places.

Sat behind them both at about 5 seconds gap for several laps, hoping they would slow each other up. Unfortunately Robert pitted early for the undercut on Callum so that didn't help me.

I stayed out and could only just hold the gap to Callum, losing my rhythm and time in that part of my stint.

After pitstops I was still behind Callum with Robert ahead of him. I was worried as Ernie was only a few seconds back until he pitted and I had a reasonable gap behind but couldn't catch the 6 seconds to Callum ahead.

Finished a surprise p5 thanks in part to incidents and penalties ahead (Allan especially).

Thanks to Han for organising and some good racing from everyone.

A fun race despite the odd P19 result... Qualified P9 and got off to a good start but on Lap 1 had contact with Han (wasn't expecting a move there) and ended up far into the deep tree line, at the edge of the map... I think this may be the reason why I got some sort of penalty?

Motopark1.png

Motopark2.png

Anyhow... I rejoined normally just ahead of Bouke, who was also getting back on track from his own trip to the grass, I put my head down and got to work. Made some places through pitstops and another bunch by passing cars on track. I had several good chases and scraps, the best being the one with Steve which went down to the last lap... it was tough going for the move but just managed and that was great racing man! :laugh: Unfortunately my trip to the trees granted me 10 extra places so ended up P19 according to the server... :confused: ...still wondering if that's a fair assessment.

Yet, I had a lot of fun so thanks for the interesting karting track choice Han! And congratz to the winners and podiums, it was a hectic race with no time to blink! See you all at the next one! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
That was a difficult track, but very glad I was in, i think 16th, after my rubbish attempts at qualifying, so I had time to learn the track in the race. And more importantly kept out of trouble. Even though my tyre pressures were miles off, still managed reasonable times, eventually.
Well done all that managed the finish line, and to podiums, never thought an Abarth would finish in P1, great driving Fulvio.:):)

Great racing Doug and Callum! :thumbsup: After last week, as Steve so kindly reminded me with his new mic before the start :laugh:, it was a nice change up to be in the fight and not in the air or in the ground. Was a fun trio we had going.

Got some free positions early on and nabbed a couple more later on due to my pit strategy (surprisingly :p). Again sorry for being a bit aggressive han and our bump. My pit crew worked so hard to get me clean air, I really wanted to take advantage of it :speechless::roflmao:

Happy with my finishing postion, but reeally just enjoyed the racing and strategy today :) Also all the blue flag cars I came across were spot on. Really good driving. Hope I didn't interrupt any fights. Was fun to see people fighting at all positions. Great to see the grid grow too!

See you all next race

Last edited:
Awesome racing. Lots of intense fighting. In the first stint I was able to grab 6th and hold on until an unfortunate incident with Robert pushed me off the track, losing a lot of places. I don't know whose fault it was but it doesn't matter because I should have been smarter and let him pass because his pace was better. Anyway, I had a lot of fun trying to come back with intense fights with Kimi and Engli and some others. I finished 7th behind Ernie so I don't think the result would have been any different without the incident, but now I've had a lot of fun. So thank you Robert;)!

Congratulations on the podium and thank you all for participating. As I said on Discord, it never ceases to amaze me how you've all improved resulting in a great midfield with drivers at the same pace.
Tuesday's Rookie events were a success with 10 newcomers. Some of them have already said they will come back to race with us, so I hope our grid will get even bigger.

In the meantime, would you like to fill out the poll for a championship this year if you haven't already https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/poll-f1-tracks-for-abarth-mazda.254591/

Bit of an anti climax race for me..I had good pace all thruout praccy/quali,so was looking forward to a good race..Couple of laps in me and Thomas had a rub , nothing serious,we both exited the track,suddenly Thomas dissapeared,and im in the pits with a 30 second locked key penalty???..That has never happened before..So im in last but i had some great battles to finish 13th..

Bit of an anti climax race for me..I had good pace all thruout praccy/quali,so was looking forward to a good race..Couple of laps in me and Thomas had a rub , nothing serious,we both exited the track,suddenly Thomas dissapeared,and im in the pits with a 30 second locked key penalty???..That has never happened before..So im in last but i had some great battles to finish 13th..
i can tell you why . you and thomas i think got so confuse and went driving the opposite way on the other straight was not the right one

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 141 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.3%