AC Multiclass Abarth500/Mazda MX5@ San Luis, Wed 18th January 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
@HF2000 When you say these events are registered on Emperor, does that mean we have to do anything such as sign up there too, or is it all handled your side?

@HF2000 When you say these events are registered on Emperor, does that mean we have to do anything such as sign up there too, or is it all handled your side?
The events are configured in and managed by Emperor but the sign up has still to be done by me. Emperor has a sign up function but that isn't accessable yet for non staff members due to security issues.
@Neilski and Dave are working on a solution so every RD member can have limited access to view results and to sign up.

So yes, for the time being it's necessary to sign up in the thread to know how many participants there will be with their choice of car and livery although the latter isn't necessary of course.

The events are configured in and managed by Emperor but the sign up has still to be done by me. Emperor has a sign up function but that isn't accessable yet for non staff members due to security issues.
@Neilski and Dave are working on a solution so every RD member can have limited access to view results and to sign up.

So yes, for the time being it's necessary to sign up in the thread to know how many participants there will be with their choice of car and livery although the latter isn't necessary of course.
Phew, means I'm not missing out on anything. That's all.

Had this worked, I wouldn't have asked for help :redface:
The MX5 skin pack has the skins nested in a extra folder and that is why CM doesn't recognize them. I did have to install them manually

This picture shows how from where to copy what. Copy the content of the Skins folder in the zip file to the skins folder of the MX5 in AC.

1674042086990.png

The MX5 skin pack has the skins nested in a extra folder and that is why CM doesn't recognize them. I did have to install them manually

This picture shows how from where to copy what. Copy the content of the Skins folder in the zip file to the skins folder of the MX5 in AC.

View attachment 632380

I had to do the same.

I use CM to install tracks and haven't had any issues, though.

Oh these looks great, I would love to participate with the abarth, Thanks!
Hi juanii07

I would love to have you but our regular events are for premium members only (14,99 euro per year, see tab PREMIUM).
So if you want to join you have to upgrade your RD account first. If you have done that, post again and I will send you a PM with the password and other important information.
You need also to enter your real name in your RDAccount/accountdetails in the field Real Name. It's for internal use only so we know who you are.

However, if you first want to experience what's it like to race in our events, then there's a Rookie event next week where non-premium members are allowed to join.
See here: https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...mx5-nurburgring-tue-24th-january-2023.254126/
This event is with Kunos content only to keep it as accessable possible for Rookies. Our regular events are with great mods also like the one tonight.

Some how consecutively over the years Clive Craig, John and now Han have created a place we’re we can all race in the knowledge that if we get into a situation, you know there is no intent from the other driver.
You will get hit occasionally, this is what racing has, irrespective of where you race, sim or real world.
As the cost is zero, all you have to suck up is your pride, I have been hit on many occasions, mostly has little effect on your race, the real problem is attending first aid as quickly as possible to your pride.
Eventually you come to the realisation that you do actually have some of the responsibility, I now tend to pull out of the impossible and get all pragmatic about it, and just get patient.
Waiting is most important, both as an overtaker or over taken, it is the latter that I struggle with, trying to keep your apex’s coming and not getting flustered and stressed, after all he has to over take you.

Sitting in a really nice cafe with my coffee, fried eggs, beans and chips, life just does not get any better.

B66581F9-9033-49D5-8765-A93D19090A6D.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks more like the tyres clipping through the road surface to me. Seems like the texture of the track is slightly above the actual "floor" the cars are driving.

The track feels like it has the hallmarks of a Bob's/Race Track Builder circuit - something I had moderate success with in the past. This is an uncommon thing that can be done to overlay a more desired texture over a surface below. It shouldn't cause you any issues apart from a tiny bit of realism when viewing replay cameras.

Ernie, @Kek700 ,

true words you have spoken with the utmost sencerity.
May I humbly add that additionally to nursing your wounded pride you should take a good dump on your "internet Points"?!?

Part of my departure from this group some time ago was that my "crash points" went to :poop: because the racing got "lively" with some new additions.

So, who cares if your crash average is high or low as long as you enjoy yourself ?
(difficult question with me as I´m of the "every crash is an embarrassment" sort and my day job has a strong safety component to keep customers from getting hurt)

Oh, yes, and driving well doesn´t come easy to me, a midfield position took hours of work, not just driving around but research, doing test and lately even data analysis.

So if a first corner crash cheats me out of reaping the fruits of my labour:

WOOO SAAAA!, try not to flare up, you have done your share of stupid **** :cry:

So see you later and let´s have some fun

Carsten

( Oh, yeah whatch out, everyone scratching my paint will get his ass singed from my bodygard in the Apache overhead ;))

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.