AC ROOKIE EVENT (Freemium) Mazda MX5@Nurburgring, Tue 24th January 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Staff
Premium
1446052304-roa110115fea-specmiata02.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club. ALSO FOR NON PREMIUM MEMBERS!

Are you new to simracing? Is Online Racing a step you haven't braved yet? Do you fear making mistakes or getting other people's way on track? Well guess what, this is the place to banish all of those thoughts and come and join us for a night of exceptional racing and camaraderie where none of those fears will be an issue.

Rookie Nights are aimed at you - the newcomers. New people to simracing, or simply people who jump on a server and find themselves seconds off the pace. Or are fed up with unrespectful behaviour on public servers. We want to help, and to give you a place to experience the wonderful joy of racing other simracers with the same passion and who give clean and respectful racing the highest priority.

If you have any question on the night about racing on RD or online in general, or about how you are driving or anything else - ASK. By posting in this thread or a PM to the organizer. We are a helpful bunch, and when it comes to getting people up to speed or doing our best to convince you to keep coming back! There is no such thing as a stupid question at these events.

Special features for this rookie event:

• Non premium members can also sign up
  • Fast car for rookies (Cup version), slow car for regulars (ND street version).
  • Regulars can sign up but rookies have priority. With full grid regulars will be put on reserve list.
  • The race is with an easy to drive and very forgiving car so you can fully concentrate on driving without having to fight with the car.
  • A good base setup for the MX5 Cup will be provided when you sign up.
  • Questions can be asked in this thread and will be answered by the staff member. Or send a PM to him.
  • The race is hosted and attended by the organizing staff member
    • To monitor the race.
    • To kick participants who deliberate cause incidents (we want clean and respectful racing)
    • To give tips and advice for improvement after the race based on the replay (when asked for).

1673689675383.png

To sign up for this event:
  • Make sure you have entered your real name in your RDAccount/Account Details. There's a field called 'Real Name'. It's for our internal communication only.
  • Post in this thread that you want to participate. You will receive a PM with the password to join, some extra information with tips and the setup for the MX5.

If you want a to try faster cars there will be an GT event on Sunday, also at the Nurburgring. We also run a practice server all week for both events.

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS is essential for clean and respectful driving in our community. You should therefore use tools like Helicorsa or CarRadar and CrewChief. The links for these apps are on the bottom of this post.

DISCORD. It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Server information:
  • Server: #01 RaceDepartment(Available throughout the race week) Password: will be sent via PM
  • 20:00 CET, 19:00 BST (19:00 UTC) | 60 minutes - Official Practice (you can join any time, you don't have to be there at the start).
  • 21:05 CET, 20:05 BST (20:05 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:30 CET, 20:30 BST (20:30 UTC) | 45 minutes - Race

Event details:

Useful Links:

Entry list:

Attachments

• 1673689045024.png
    1673689045024.png
    52.1 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
hi, i want to join please. i'm still rookie.
Hi Ben,

You're very welcome! I will send you the password and other information in a PM.
With the password you can immediately go on the server that is already up in practice mode.

I'm in Han. :thumbsup:

Edit: I consider myself a rookie because I only have ~ 10 years racing @ RD and still not worthy to lace the boots of some of these guys.......
However, I'm gonna man up and take a lower spec car because winning is not important to me. :cry::cry::cry: :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Last edited:
Ahh, dearest Han,

I can´t seem to find the information which version of the NGK Chicane we will be using?:O_o:

I strongly advocate for the GT version which is "much better flowing"

And what´s the tyre choice on the ND?

Last edited:
Ahh, dearest Han,

I can´t seem to find the information which version of the NGK Chicane we will be using?:O_o:

I strongly advocate for the GT version which is "much better flowing"

And what´s the tyre choice on the ND?
It's the GT version. Please jump on the practice server (running already) to check this.
1673791249278.png

Tyres ND are semislick only.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 349 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 242 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years