AC Multiclass Abarth500/Mazda MX5@ San Luis, Wed 18th January 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Ernie, @Kek700 ,

true words you have spoken with the utmost sencerity.
May I humbly add that additionally to nursing your wounded pride you should take a good dump on your "internet Points"?!?

Part of my departure from this group some time ago was that my "crash points" went to :poop: because the racing got "lively" with some new additions.

So, who cares if your crash average is high or low as long as you enjoy yourself ?
(difficult question with me as I´m of the "every crash is an embarrassment" sort and my day job has a strong safety component to keep customers from getting hurt)

Oh, yes, and driving well doesn´t come easy to me, a midfield position took hours of work, not just driving around but research, doing test and lately even data analysis.

So if a first corner crash cheats me out of reaping the fruits of my labour:

WOOO SAAAA!, try not to flare up, you have done your share of stupid **** :cry:

So see you later and let´s have some fun

Carsten

( Oh, yeah whatch out, everyone scratching my paint will get his ass singed from my bodygard in the Apache overhead ;))
It's the sportsman inside me that prevents me from starting at the back every race but I don't care anymore being wiped out in the 1st lap because my most enjoyable races are with catching up and overtaking.
Sure, a podium once or twice would be nice but I only achieve that if a couple of the aliens/frontrunners fail to do their normal thing for some reason.

In the end it's the fun that counts but it's the mindset that makes it's possible to enjoy!

Last edited:
Sorry for being parked in the middle of the track in qualifying. I got called away and pressed escape, but I forgot that this is AC not rFactor 2 and you have to fully stop the car before leaving.

Then I ended up with my fastest lap being deleted for some bull track limits and all my other laps were nowhere within even 2s of that lap, or I spun into walls on quick laps, so lost any heart for the race. Sorry for leaving.

That was a nice one:thumbsup:

First of all, SORRY Ernie for doing domme **** in T2, I could have foreseen that you had to turn into the corner.
At least I got the long end of the stick and you could drive on. Please send Jim the bill for buffing that out :notworthy:

After that I had a lot of freebies to collect, could actually OVERTAKE some folks on merit and collected some more freebies.

A well timed pit stop brought me in front of Kimi who i then gifted P8 by completely cocking up my defense and kissing my (only) wall.

I could reel him in again but (only very closely) avoided an overmotivated spin and cocked up the "fishhook section" to often to really get him.

AAAnd I realised why the " Farts" are called "Farts":

the amount of pollution these things make when braking is unimaginable :sick:

Thanks Han for another "unusual" track and everybody for a nice evening of friendly racing.

MFG Carsten

This was a race of ups and downs for me. In qualifying, I just didn't manage to do my best laptime, however that was overshadowed by a great start... until turn 9. I've watched the replay multiple times but I can't see anyone at fault. Sorry, @Douglas Aird if I ruined your race.
After that, it was mishap after mishap after fault after mishap. I had been practicing all week and felt like with my pace a top 10 was possible.
Anyways, this is a "cruel sport" and today luck just wasn't with me. I'm looking forward to next week's race.
Congrats to @FuLLeN1x for the win. Also, I had some great duels with @GARY B and @colin Jones during the latter stages!
Have a good rest everyone and see you on track next Wednesday.

This was a race of ups and downs for me. In qualifying, I just didn't manage to do my best laptime, however that was overshadowed by a great start... until turn 9. I've watched the replay multiple times but I can't see anyone at fault. Sorry, @Douglas Aird if I ruined your race.
After that, it was mishap after mishap after fault after mishap. I had been practicing all week and felt like with my pace a top 10 was possible.
Anyways, this is a "cruel sport" and today luck just wasn't with me. I'm looking forward to next week's race.
Congrats to @FuLLeN1x for the win. Also, I had some great duels with @GARY B and @colin Jones during the latter stages!
So recognizable from my own first races! Keep coming and it will go better for sure!

I really enjoyed that, i had so many battles, and a great circuit. Once I saw Fulvio go for the Mazda, I knew the outcome.:(
But and this is a big but, I really felt I was driving with a chance, last week I was just flat chat, with a high risk of an off, with no gains to be had.:(
Allan was probably in there for 40% of the race, tried my hardest to keep him at bay, but could not afford any mistakes. As Fulvio had given me a lesson in what happens when you give the Mazda a tow. Once Allan was at 1/2 a second, I was done for. And so it turned out to be.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
A lot of luck and good fortune, always to be confronted by hard-driving fair racers.:thumbsup::)
Great event Han, as usual, the next one should be Le Mans, if that still fails, Le Mans no chicanes.:p:p:p:p:p

if that fails...:redface:

That was, well, fun… I guess.

Since I couldn’t get the right feel with this track the past week (tried to nail it, but not very satisfying for me, setups didn’t work, lines didn’t enter my system, etc), I decided to focus on maximal consistency this qualy and race. Target: zero crashes. End result: one big one in the first lap of the race…

Being ultra careful first left corner, but had to brake quite hard to avoid Steve (just touched his rear a little, but he managed to keep it going >> nice one Steve and sorry Steve!). Couldn’t hold the Mazz any more and just got of my line, causing mayhem… sorry to all drivers harmed in this mess…

Continued from last with Carsten in the mirror, he was faster though. We both just could avoid a big one in the right hander to the lake. Got some places back and raced myself to the midpack somewhat.

Being hunt down by Gary and Paul was quite fun actually, set my pb’s in these laps. Team orders made for Douglas to pass me. And more than a full second of pace difference worked as well in his advantage :cool:.

So, after finishing I was quite happy with the result. Apart from the f&”@ck up in the first lap I made no big mistakes. Mind over throttle, I suppose?

Thanks guys and thanks Han!

Me: makes a comment about watching for the sticky walls

Also me:

:rolleyes::redface::roflmao:

Not the race I had planned, but managed to dig in and grind my way back to the pack and had a couple fights with a few drivers :) Nice finish at the end there Gary :thumbsup:

Before this race, I decided to stick with the audi livery as it served me well last week... Today complicates things :roflmao:

Congrats to all the winners and finishers and thanks as always for hosting Han. I'm enjoying the big grids :thumbsup:

Sorry for being parked in the middle of the track in qualifying. I got called away and pressed escape, but I forgot that this is AC not rFactor 2 and you have to fully stop the car before leaving.
If you use Content Manager, then assign a shortcut to "Start/Setup". Hold this key for 2 seconds, and you'll be teleported to the pits in multiplayer.
1674081230565.png

Engli, it's ok. On balance it was a racing incident however you did pull out of my slipstream at the last second so I had no warning/expectation you would go for the inside pass. If I had realised I would have left space. For future races can I offer a little advice and suggest you make your moves a little earlier so the driver you are trying to overtake knows you are coming and can anticipate your move.

As for my race I did a great qualifying lap to land p5. I was holding that position when I had my incident with Engli and that put me dead last.

Rather than pit early I decided to get some action by chasing down as many cars as I could. It was going well until a moment of greed on the last turn saw me going wide, clipping a wall, spinning and losing 5 places or so again.

Got my head down and had good pace. Started picking up places on merit and through other drivers errors. Good pitstop with 20 minutes left and I was in 11th place but found myself only 5 seconds behind Raul and 7 behind Steve.

Caught and passed Raul on the penultimate lap and was just over a second behind Steve. A great battle in sector 3 saw us swap places a couple of times but I squeezed up the inside at the last corner and just won the race to the line for P9. Great, fair racing, guys.

Overall I think I had pace to be p5 if everything had fallen into place.

Thanks Han for organising and to everyone for racing fair and clean.

If you use Content Manager, then assign a shortcut to "Start/Setup". Hold this key for 2 seconds, and you'll be teleported to the pits in multiplayer.
View attachment 632506

I have a button on my wheel mapped and you don't have to hold it for 2 seconds it is instantaneous.

I have it mapped as you can sometimes fall through a modded map and you can't use escape as the game registers your falling as moving and end up having to alt tab out and crash the game (falling through the map can also really mess with your wheel ffb).

I have a button on my wheel mapped and you don't have to hold it for 2 seconds it is instantaneous.

I have it mapped as you can sometimes fall through a modded map and you can't use escape as the game registers your falling as moving and end up having to alt tab out and crash the game (falling through the map can also really mess with your wheel ffb).
It is a good point, I will put in my wheel.
In the middle of the race the game crash and even pressing escape my car was in the middle of the track, I need to go out and stop the game from windows.
Does not matter I was alone at the back of the race but enjoy some fights with Markus. I am sorry I some how went in the line of Raul when my intention was to let him pass.
A good experience in summary, thank you Han to organice

Han I know you said you have a lot of tracks to test out :), but there was a new street circuit posted here that seems really nice. It has some long straights ;):laugh: I have their other street circuit thats on RD downloaded and its a nice one too. About 30 secs faster lap times

New track - https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/semanggi-interchange-street-circuit.56444/

Other Track - https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/orchard-road-street-circuit-extension-singapore.55656/

Lap times between mx5's and abarths seem to be close

Last edited:
Han I know you said you have a lot of tracks to test out :), but there was a new street circuit posted here that seems really nice. It has some long straights ;):laugh: I have their other street circuit thats on RD downloaded and its a nice one too. About 30 secs faster lap times

New track - https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/semanggi-interchange-street-circuit.56444/

Other Track - https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/orchard-road-street-circuit-extension-singapore.55656/

Lap times between mx5's and abarths seem to be close
Thanks Robert,
I had installed that one already but as I'm working on countries in alphabetical order and I haven't got to Indonesia yet:D. Actually Semanggi isn't a new circuit. The one posted yesterday was a night version of it.

So it wasn't a coincidence that yesterdays track was in Argentina:p!
As I'm in France now with testing, you can start guessing where the track next week will be from:roflmao: .

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea