Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Club Staff
Premium
1689873804733-png.681571

1689873993762-png.681573

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

For all of us who are not on vacation, this time a race in a holiday atmosphere with Italian cypresses, sea views and boats. You can almost smell the smell of fresh pizza.

Gemello beach is a short but quite tricky course that will require you to complete a few laps before you get it. Make sure to practice your pit stop too!

1691685280554.png

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS is essential for clean and respectful driving in our community. You should therefore use tools like Helicorsa or CarRadar and CrewChief. The links for these apps are on the bottom of this post.

DISCORD. It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Go to https://acsm.racedepartment.com/championship/f1a4f789-f306-4bd7-9466-ce2334fa4106?server=0 using the Emperor account you have been given and register with your steamID.

If you don't have an Emperor account yet, ask for one by posting in this thread (only for premium members).

Especially the new and inexperienced drivers are recommended to participate. There are a lot of learning opportunities but without the intensity and stress of the GT3/4 cars or the endurance multiclass cars. It's also good step up for those kind of events.

Server information:

• Server: Racedepartment Server 1 Password: standard password, if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be send in a PM.
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (18:00 UTC) | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:05 CEST, 20:05 BST (19:05 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:30 CEST, 20:30 BST (19:30 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race
  • Practiceserver available during the week. Same password.

Event details:

Useful Links:

Entry list:

Guys,

Sorry that I quit but I had connection issues again and after I returned I wasn't motivated enough to concentrate enough for this track. So after a few offs I decided to call it a day.
I hope you had fun.

Next week is the track of the month.
These are the votes up till now:
1692218359688.png

The rule is that with a tie the organizer will decide, so if you haven't already, post your vote in here: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/track-of-the-month-august-2023-vote-here.262262/

That was weird, came off three times, three big spins and wall hitting, made no difference to my race or position. So I must think it was something everyone was doing.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
That was a grind too, one Mazda got confused when I slowed right down and let him by, I think he thought it was some sort of trap.:D:D:D
Glad that one is over.:unsure::unsure:

Last edited:
What a mindjob of a race. :confused: Concentration was prime, consistency second, speed third. Chapeau to Thomas and Andre who got all 3 right, I had a front seat to your scrap at the end, great to watch. I had also several offs, including a spin that reversed me into the pits so I took that as a strategy call, haha! :roflmao:

Furthermore it was about focus and hydratation for me. Ended P7 but had to struggle for it. Unfortunate all the disconnects, it seemed quite a stable track mod, a bit sadistic but fun when you got a lap right. Thanks for organizing Han and congrats to all podium finishers. See you on the next one chaps!

Last edited:
Great track actually, liked it, as well nice scenery. Was in front but under pressure from Jason. Shame he had to quit, great pace in the Abarth again. After being about 15 seconds in the lead I got little bit bored and unconcentrated after a while so after about 40 minutes I tried to do some hotlapping to give me a motivation. Bad idea as I hit the kerb and wall after turn 1, spun and lost 15 seconds, enough to give Andre the front position. Actually this lead to a great and fun race with Andre, both fighting for every tenth which was great stuff. Could get back in the lead and bring it home. Man that last corner you can call a kink, so good to take that flat without hitting the kerb.
Shame there were not many folks but I guess that is due to holiday season.
Thx Han and all for racing.

results:

cu next time

Sorry that I quit but I had connection issues again
Guess I beat you to it this time on that department :(

I've also been having disconnecting issues for the past weeks, not really something that really goes off(discord keeps on working fine) but enough to be kicked out of the server(is there something that can be configured so that if one has a microseconds disconnection he does not get bumped off?)

This time it happened when we were waiting for the green lights. I still came back but was already one minute behind and then I hit the wall and I gave up before the front runners hit me. Continuing would just have been a lonely practice while being blue flagged.

It's was a funny track again but that jumping fast left hander made me hate the layout(the bump on the first hair pin did not help either) of this beatiful made fictional track.

I hope today at laguna will be better(finally after months of trying, I got a friend to join our group)

See you guys later today or next week!

Last edited:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 467 70.2%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 283 42.6%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 306 46.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 135 20.3%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 180 27.1%
Back