MGP20 MotoGP 20 Modding Tutorial

Any text editor, they are just JSON files so are 100% readable
Can open but there 2 files, i already try to edit Archive file first because it's where all the source name is but nothing change on the otherhand except EN-GB locres file all the locres file is only 1 kb with one line, i then try to edit both 2 EN-GB file but to no avail it can't read my edited file and it instead it have a black screen after the opening credit

mgp1.jpgmgp2.jpgmgp3.jpg

Can open but there 2 files, i already try to edit Archive file first because it's where all the source name is but nothing change on the otherhand except EN-GB locres file all the locres file is only 1 kb with one line, i then try to edit both 2 EN-GB file but to no avail it can't read my edited file and it instead it have a black screen after the opening credit

View attachment 415434View attachment 415433View attachment 415432
Yeah like I said the archive and manifest files are only used for the project to generate the locres files, not by the game. So you need to put them into a UE4 Project to generate new locres files or you can just edit Milestone's locres but use a hex editor to edit the locres

Last edited:
Yeah like I said the archive and manifest files are only used for the project to generate the locres files, not by the game. So you need to put them into a UE4 Project to generate new locres files or you can just edit Milestone's locres but use a hex editor to edit the locres

I just wondered, how do you do that? I tried to put the archive and manifest files into a UE4 project, but it's not a supported format apperantly. What file do you then put in UE4?

Attachments

• manifest.jpg
    manifest.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 75
Paste them into the directory rather than trying to import through the program
Thank you! I tried a bit, but got confused now in which directory I should paste it into: Is it inside my projects (as in: Unreal Projects/Content) or inside the engine itself (like: UE_4.23\Engine\Content\Localization)? Or somewhere else, it doesn't seem to work for me :/

Thank you! I tried a bit, but got confused now in which directory I should paste it into: Is it inside my projects (as in: Unreal Projects/Content) or inside the engine itself (like: UE_4.23\Engine\Content\Localization)? Or somewhere else, it doesn't seem to work for me :/
In your project, open up the localization dashboard and change the namespace to game_specific_names

Then add all the cultures used by milestone.

Save everything and then exit out, it should then be fairly obvious where to paste the files.

Then open up your project again, go to the localization dashboard and compile.

Then you're done, put the locres files in game and it'll work

Thank you BIKER, really appreciate that! I have one last question: If you want to edit the rider's nationality, you go into db.sqlite3. Can you open that file in UE4, and if you can, how do you do that?

Can't someone create a video tutorial on how to change the names of riders and teams? And how to replace machines. I would like to create a mod season 1992 in the future for example. So replace the MotoGP group with historic machines and create real teams at the time. I plan to put period tobacco advertising on the circuits so that we get a touch of history :)

Can't someone create a video tutorial on how to change the names of riders and teams? And how to replace machines. I would like to create a mod season 1992 in the future for example. So replace the MotoGP group with historic machines and create real teams at the time. I plan to put period tobacco advertising on the circuits so that we get a touch of history :)
Pm me and I’ll try to explain, I really need to get round to making tutorials lol

Hello everybody.
Is there a way to change the behaviour of AI against player and eachothers?
Because I know that now someone found to change something in AI performance because I have seen mods coming out, but I think that the worst issues of the new neural AI is the behaviour...

Problem AI vs Player:
When you pass them they will not pass you unless you make an error and become slow and slow

Problem AI vs AI:
In most of the races the first lap position become the result of the race! Very very low overtakes and keep racing like a snake...

Someone understand to change something regarding AI physics or behaviour?

Hello everybody.
Is there a way to change the behaviour of AI against player and eachothers?
Because I know that now someone found to change something in AI performance because I have seen mods coming out, but I think that the worst issues of the new neural AI is the behaviour...

Problem AI vs Player:
When you pass them they will not pass you unless you make an error and become slow and slow

Problem AI vs AI:
In most of the races the first lap position become the result of the race! Very very low overtakes and keep racing like a snake...

Someone understand to change something regarding AI physics or behaviour?
They just suck, not much we can do unfortunately. You can change rider's relative pace but it doesn't really increase the overtaking or make them any faster

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back