MGP18 MotoGP 18 - First Gameplay Footage (and it looks goooood)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
MotoGP 18 1.jpg MotoGP 18 2.jpg MotoGP 18 3.jpg MotoGP 18 4.jpg MotoGP 18 5.jpg MotoGP 18 6.jpg
Milestone have released the first gameplay footage from MotoGP 18 using the Unreal 4 engine, showing a very visually pleasing new title.

Although only just over one minute in length, this new video release from the upcoming MotoGP 18 title is the first time we have seen the Unreal 4 game engine in action, and judging from what we've been shown so far it looks like a very visually impressive title and a step up in every respect from previous iterations of the long running MotoGP official game series.

Visual impressions aside, one thing that does cause some concern is the current version of the game AI. Although in the early development stages, it concerns me greatly that the player (using the Valentino Rossi Yamaha) can race with Marc Marquez without some kind of dirty move by the Spaniard.. not realistic at all...

In other MotoGP 18 news, check out this interesting video behind the scenes 'Making of' video:

MotoGP 18 will be available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC this June 7th, with Nintendo Switch release to follow later in the year.

Check out the MotoGP 18 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news from the official videogame of the MotoGP bike racing series.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to MotoGP 18? Like the look of the upcoming title? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Not all Italians but certainly these particular ones I think..:whistling:

Well I've had a go on it on PS4.

My 1st blush verdict? Dyego and Giovane do not need to retire yet.. The physics are 100% improved from motogp 17. But they're not a patch on Dyego's & Giovane's "simulation" physics mods.. Nowhere near.. at least for my tastes. But arguably some of the best of Milestone's "vanilla" Pro Physics on any of their motogp games.. That's my honest 1st take anyway for what it's worth. Others may disagree.

Also for what it's worth here's a video of my 1st blush run on Pro Physics with tcs and engine braking on setting 1. You have to be careful with the throttle but it's quite manageable really I think. You can "tuck" the front but it is still quite forgiving. Vibrational feedback on the front brake is fine for me using an xbox one controller through a Brook Super Converter on PS4. No problem at all. Good feedback tbh. Haven't tried it with a DS4 yet or with my nacon but with the xbox one controller seems absolutely fine..

Graphics on a standard PS4 I agree are on par with motogp 10/11 on xbox 360. Very poor. :thumbsdown:

It's good enough to league race on for me..unlike motogp17..which for me at least was not.

Graphics seem blurred and have the look to them that they have turned the on the "fog" effect to gain frame-rate stability. Even at 30 fps.. Ouch!

mod-edit: MotoGP Videos and Photos can be posted here https://www.racedepartment.com/media/albums/motogp-the-game.77/

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm happy with the game. Some textures need to be modified and a bit the physics.
Will try later the AI and take a look how physics can be tweaked.
But I'm so damn happy that they really have done new track models!

So many things wrong in this video Tracey. :rolleyes:

- driver names over their heads ummm no no...
(at least you don't have that fancy ideal line fresh painted on tarmac too, good:geek:)
- music in replay, ouch.
- riding with 3rd person view ehh...
But on positive side you love Vinales too, awww... :inlove: shame he rides mule these days.

Anyway, from all I've heard... this game is definatelly improvement over '17 game.
Good enough for me. I don't own Xbox, also... good for me. I want to have fun, I don't have time to fiddle setup for 12 hours before I manage to do a lap without crashing. I respect "realistic" physic (although how realistic that can be in one GAME after all) but I was more like that ...earlier. When I was younger and had plenty of time to waste. Now I don't.
Also didn't have like 69 games on my HD. Yep... now I do. A few more or less.

Why everyone do MotoGP these days btw ?? :alien: I've head some amazing races in Moto2 and maybe even more in that karting of moto races - Moto3 ! @@
Guess these days everyone wants to be Rossi, Marquez, Dovi, Zarco,...
Some even Vinales or, God forbid, Lorenzo. Kidding, he seems to finally found his mojo. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
So many things wrong in this video Tracey. :rolleyes:

- driver names over their heads ummm no no...
(at least you don't have that fancy ideal line fresh painted on tarmac too, good:geek:)
- music in replay, ouch.
- riding with 3rd person view ehh...
But on positive side you love Vinales too, awww... :inlove: shame he rides mule these days.

lol! Yep. It's a fair-cop! :redface:

Racing on chase view is what 4 years of online league racing on "Mildly-Stoned" games does to you.. Milestone have never, despite being repeatedly asked, provided an option to lock an online lobby, private or public, to a 1st person camera. So everyone races 3rd party view. We once tried to run a "cockpit" cam league and so many people cheated by switching to "chase" view mid race we gave up on the idea.. So "chase" cam it has been ever since. I haven't checked yet to see if Milestone have provided a lobby "lock" for cockpit cam in motogp 18..judging by their form over the last 4 years I doubt it., but you never know..Milestone work in mysterious ways. I think they might be on mind altering drugs of some sort. particularly that naughty man the CEO?

Tbh I prefer cockpit cam too. Honesty Guv! I ain't messing with yah..! :whistling:

This game is lightyears ahead of MotoGP17
oh yeah! totally agreed jonix, first impressions the bikes are a lot more understeer handling is more quickly,breaking is a little strange you have more sensitivity but can loose front without any alert, defoult with eb and tcs full the bike is more friendly than 17 but if you turn off eb and tcs the bike si mutch more satisfy,accelerating is completly different than before need a lot more accuracy specially with turn off aids the bike tends to wheely lot more,about braking i'm old school i need to relearning braking cause now you need a lot more rear breake on turning

"Race at the highest speed on the Misano circuit or face the fastest turn of Indianapolis." (motogpvideogame.com)
Could you tell me guys if there is Indianapolis in the game? :D
Unfortunately I have not had this game yet.

Here's my first gameplay, 92% AI, full manual and no assists, so don't expect much from me, the last time I played motogp 17 was months ago. I really enjoyed the race.
mod-edit: MotoGP Videos and Photos can be posted here https://www.racedepartment.com/media/albums/motogp-the-game.77/
WHAT I LIKE:
  • 4 FP sessions (you can skip at any session you want)
  • smooth framerate
  • gorgeous circuits
  • handling is good (especially the rear end)
  • bike setups
  • you can actually race against the AI
  • the official tv graphics

WHAT I DON'T LIKE:
  • setups reset through sessions
  • AI clocks the same lap times in every session (yes, even in FP1 and the race, they're too fast)
  • no tyre choice for the AI (always soft front and rear)
  • poor force feedback from the front wheel
2018.06.07-16.07.png

Thanks for the video. Looks promising. :) (hail AI slider!)
Say... is your graphic settings on maximum ?
Cause once again I can see those annoying shadow pop-up, in TV cam, on before the race presentation. And I guess... they must be there on regular after the race replays. Shame that they choose that option to save some performance, I mean.. maybe they feel like they had to but they could really push it a bit further, this is way too close. :unsure:

And @Pazuzu for * sake will you give us a * break ??
Every your post is "oh my God, why Ducati lost it's wings, can this game be modded, I can't live without Ducatis wings, help me" type. Really... go out, there's a whole life out there, trust me.
Wings still won't be there after you return. :D

I just like the circuits, the ambient sound of the stands and the animation of the driver coming out of the corners, everything else ****.

The game looks dirty, the bikes do not weigh and physics in general poor and simple, the AI keeps running as if you were not.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back