MGP18 MotoGP 18 - First Gameplay Footage (and it looks goooood)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
MotoGP 18 1.jpg MotoGP 18 2.jpg MotoGP 18 3.jpg MotoGP 18 4.jpg MotoGP 18 5.jpg MotoGP 18 6.jpg
Milestone have released the first gameplay footage from MotoGP 18 using the Unreal 4 engine, showing a very visually pleasing new title.

Although only just over one minute in length, this new video release from the upcoming MotoGP 18 title is the first time we have seen the Unreal 4 game engine in action, and judging from what we've been shown so far it looks like a very visually impressive title and a step up in every respect from previous iterations of the long running MotoGP official game series.

Visual impressions aside, one thing that does cause some concern is the current version of the game AI. Although in the early development stages, it concerns me greatly that the player (using the Valentino Rossi Yamaha) can race with Marc Marquez without some kind of dirty move by the Spaniard.. not realistic at all...

In other MotoGP 18 news, check out this interesting video behind the scenes 'Making of' video:

MotoGP 18 will be available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC this June 7th, with Nintendo Switch release to follow later in the year.

Check out the MotoGP 18 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news from the official videogame of the MotoGP bike racing series.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to MotoGP 18? Like the look of the upcoming title? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
A lot of the comments out there are kind of crazy. "Unplayable" I keep reading!! Sure it isn't as crisp as we were all expecting but I am happy with it. Sure there is some work to be done.

I love how you can really slide your ass out under braking!! I have more control over that pushing my rider forward to slide the bike around and pulling back to get more grip coming out of corners. I feel there is more control over that aspect of the game.

I checked out the online racing. Man is that fun, only if you could finish a race before it disconnects.

Also really love the fact you fine tune the competition, instead of just selecting easy or hard etc... you can pick from 1-100 for difficulty. I was racing at 70% and that was awesome. Hoping to bump that up tonight. Really helps when it is higher that you can handle, makes you faster!!

Really need some work on my riding though not even close to fast enough coming out of corners. And figure out the EB not sure on the best settings for that.

Does anyone have a good suspension tune for the Red bull rookies bikes?

Milestone has to fix the laptimes.
The race pace is crazy compared to qualy, with no tyre wear from the AI.
I'd love to see a progression of the lap times during the weekend, with Q2 fastest and at least 1s slower lap times in FP4 and Warm Up.

Yes I agree. Also Fuel is not included, which is a shame.
Maybe, I dont know, is it possible by editing grip levels for different practice sessions.
So lowest grip level in FP1, and then a little bit more in FP2 and so on.

I haven't played it properly yet... Just 15min of time trial to feel things... But already found something annoying: Why block buttons of controllers?? I like to use acceleration and brakes on the right thumbstick, but they blocked the thumbsticks to be or movement or camera rotation...

I know there is some applications to remap the buttons (could anyone tell me a good one???) but this was annoying... I don't have to reeducate myself to what THEY think is right... :mad:

After solve this controller issue (and have time) I'll play it more...

I was racing at 70% and that was awesome.
And I thought I was slow with my AI buddies riding at 85% pace. :x3:
For now, yes. :giggle: I'll bump that up.
Or maybe down. :D
On the bright side... I agree with most of your post. Game is better that '17 in just about every aspect.
I have them both (for now) but have no desire to start up '17 anymore.
I know there is some applications to remap the buttons (could anyone tell me a good one???)
https://www.x360ce.com/ ;)
It works in this game too, I've change a few ...things.
Put all files in .....\MotoGP 18\motogp18\Binaries\Win64

On the bright side... I agree with most of your post. Game is better that '17 in just about every aspect.

I traded 17' once 18 was announced so I have been on GTS and FC5. I just couldn't get my lines right last night. Hoping to log some miles tonight until the early hours!! I'll keep bumping it up!

On youtube watching an esports finalist trashing the game & having a tizz crashing into the barriers lmao because he keeps lowsiding on corners because his technique for braking & gear shifting from previous games no longer working.

Sould we petition milestone to revert back to old games to save his ego?

Let me have one guess who that might be..?

On a slightly more serious note I tried the pc version of the game and it's in a much better state on pc. The console versions are playable but are not kind on the eyes.

pc version is pretty slick by comparison.

My early observation (I cannot class it as a criticism yet) is that for me the motogp class bikes are understeering mid-corner. I need some more time on the game but that is what I am feeling. Also I cannot seem to be able tighten things up in this respect by getting on the power on corner exits. At that stage in the corner I am not feeling the rear end "push" much on the throttle.. Generally it feels a little vague and unresponsive through the corners. Or maybe that's just me?

A combination of low tcs and manual "tuck" does tighten things up..so yeah not too much of a problem in hindsight.

I like it..

It's good quality "simcade" physics imo.

No problem at all personally with the "feel" on the brakes or the vibration feedback.

It's fun and quite challenging.

Many console racers will not like this I think..it's like a refined version of motogp15 in some ways..without the rear end "woes" on corner entry on off camber and downhill bends.

Game actually looks way better, check your eyes mate. Although... in replay mode they most likely have to do some ...compromises and they, for that reason, look quite bad. But like I said in actual gameplay... graphics are much much better.

I do not agree. My eyes work, i use them for my job, i am a designer graphician.
Did you used your eyes to compare? Well, not me, actually i looked inside the game files.
Textures resolution: same as 17
Bike model polygons: same as 17
Cameras: identical to 17 (sense of speed: zero)
Track textures resolution: same as 17
Track polygons: guess? Same.
How the hell can it be visually better?

I do not agree. My eyes work, i use them for my job, i am a designer graphician.
Did you used your eyes to compare? Well, not me, actually i looked inside the game files.
Textures resolution: same as 17
Bike model polygons: same as 17
Cameras: identical to 17 (sense of speed: zero)
Track textures resolution: same as 17
Track polygons: guess? Same.
How the hell can it be visually better?
I get what you mean but the lighting is better and bike textures are 4096 x 4096 in 18 whereas they'e 2048 x 2048 in 17

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back