MGP18 MotoGP 18 - First Gameplay Footage (and it looks goooood)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
MotoGP 18 1.jpg MotoGP 18 2.jpg MotoGP 18 3.jpg MotoGP 18 4.jpg MotoGP 18 5.jpg MotoGP 18 6.jpg
Milestone have released the first gameplay footage from MotoGP 18 using the Unreal 4 engine, showing a very visually pleasing new title.

Although only just over one minute in length, this new video release from the upcoming MotoGP 18 title is the first time we have seen the Unreal 4 game engine in action, and judging from what we've been shown so far it looks like a very visually impressive title and a step up in every respect from previous iterations of the long running MotoGP official game series.

Visual impressions aside, one thing that does cause some concern is the current version of the game AI. Although in the early development stages, it concerns me greatly that the player (using the Valentino Rossi Yamaha) can race with Marc Marquez without some kind of dirty move by the Spaniard.. not realistic at all...

In other MotoGP 18 news, check out this interesting video behind the scenes 'Making of' video:

MotoGP 18 will be available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC this June 7th, with Nintendo Switch release to follow later in the year.

Check out the MotoGP 18 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news from the official videogame of the MotoGP bike racing series.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to MotoGP 18? Like the look of the upcoming title? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
hey guys
I don't know where to put my question so I'm doing it here. I want to start my career realistic as possible, so of course I am driving with pro physics but I don't know how I should handle the TCS and EB which I can adjust while driving. From a realistic point of view, it is legit to use TCS here (as kind of a setup option) or should I also put it off? Just want to get some impressions from experienced guys who are really into motoGP

Yeah Moto3 guys run quite sophisticated TC and the same in MotoGP, It's all down to the riders preference.

i bought this earlier despite the fact ive seen a lot of negativity today about this but imo apart from the annoying unreal engine blur on the graphics its a brilliant game bikes seem to have some weight to them which 17 lacked

WUT?? In career mode?? In Red Bull Rookies Cup?? Haven't see that in first weekend.

Do this bikes have TC and EB as well?? Damn that's impressive

If you have full weekend on, there should be development sessions in FP1/2 that let you get extra development points.

However this might just be in Moto3 onwards and maybe not in the Rookies Class

As a casual player I'm enjoying the game so far. The AI looks more challenging, graphics are good, the sound is also nice (especially when you touch the kerbs) and the general feeling of the bike is great so far.

I've played an hour so I can't give much feedback or a professional one since I'm just a casual gamer but this game is def a improvement from the previous one.

Plus: Anyone figured out how to deal with these .pak files? I've tried to open them but with no success

Last edited:
Well I spent some time today on the game and I think for the first time in ever, I'm not gonna bother to get technical with the physics for awhile, sure they're not 100% realistic but my god are they fun and is the racing good so far.
I think all I'll care for is edits to models & textures for now, if and when they come as I'm a bit annoyed with the rider position still... Maybe we can change those in the files once we ofcourse find out how?
It's horrendous how far forward they're sitting on the Redbull Rookies bikes when in ''full'' tuck...
In any case I'm having a blast which when compared to 2017 is saying a lot as with that game I was pulling my hair out before the mods fixed what utter disgrace that was.

EDIT: Also people are bloody quick already 1:52's on Brno... I can't get below 1:54:8XX just yet...

Well I spent some time today on the game and I think for the first time in ever, I'm not gonna bother to get technical with the physics for awhile, sure they're not 100% realistic but my god are they fun and is the racing good so far.
I think all I'll care for is edits to models & textures for now, if and when they come as I'm a bit annoyed with the rider position still... Maybe we can change those in the files once we ofcourse find out how?
It's horrendous how far forward they're sitting on the Redbull Rookies bikes when in ''full'' tuck...
In any case I'm having a blast which when compared to 2017 is saying a lot as with that game I was pulling my hair out before the mods fixed what utter disgrace that was.

EDIT: Also people are bloody quick already 1:52's on Brno... I can't get below 1:54:8XX just yet...

You're completely right. Nice statement. Though textures of riders are "fine." Tracks needs to be improved. You can always download reshade shaders from somewhere to try make them lighter as I did.

Watching ROBO46 career on youtube, he's playing 100% difficulty & seems to be struggling in Qualifying then winning the races quite comfortably. Has anyone else noticed an imbalance of performance from AI between Qualy & the race?

If you have full weekend on, there should be development sessions in FP1/2 that let you get extra development points.

However this might just be in Moto3 onwards and maybe not in the Rookies Class
Didn't see that on Rookies. I had full weekend at 100% Race duration

Watching ROBO46 career on youtube, he's playing 100% difficulty & seems to be struggling in Qualifying then winning the races quite comfortably. Has anyone else noticed an imbalance of performance from AI between Qualy & the race?

To me I felt like I had to push really hard in Qually just to get 4th, and in the race I was overtaken on the start by a few guys and never had the pace to pass more than 1 of them. It was awesome

Last edited:
Didn't see that on Rookies. I had full weekend at 100% Race duration

To me I felt like I had to push really hard in Qually just to get 4th, and in the race I was overtaken on the start by a few guys and never had the pace to pass more than 1 of them. It was awesome

If you have the AI to 120 % it's super difficult playing on any category, whether you play asissted( standard) or realistic. It's almost impossible to beat the qualifiying times.

Same here like @Cafe Kobo
I race 100% AI Strength, with low TC and Engine Break Map.
Rossi in Le Mans, Qualy was very hard to get to P4, 0.1 seconds of P1, in Race I only was 7 after 50% race distance.

In Jerez, 100% Race distance, Rossi starting from P12 (because I skipped Q2), then after 10 Laps I was in P4 behind Dovi, Marc and Dani, +4 seconds Gap to the leading group. Pushing like hell, at the end I had a gap of 7 seconds :D and honestly, that is awesome...

Same here like @Cafe Kobo
I race 100% AI Strength, with low TC and Engine Break Map.
Rossi in Le Mans, Qualy was very hard to get to P4, 0.1 seconds of P1, in Race I only was 7 after 50% race distance.

In Jerez, 100% Race distance, Rossi starting from P12 (because I skipped Q2), then after 10 Laps I was in P4 behind Dovi, Marc and Dani, +4 seconds Gap to the leading group. Pushing like hell, at the end I had a gap of 7 seconds :D and honestly, that is awesome...

Oh come on, race 120 % !!! It's more fun

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back