MGP18 MotoGP 18 - First Gameplay Footage (and it looks goooood)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
MotoGP 18 1.jpg MotoGP 18 2.jpg MotoGP 18 3.jpg MotoGP 18 4.jpg MotoGP 18 5.jpg MotoGP 18 6.jpg
Milestone have released the first gameplay footage from MotoGP 18 using the Unreal 4 engine, showing a very visually pleasing new title.

Although only just over one minute in length, this new video release from the upcoming MotoGP 18 title is the first time we have seen the Unreal 4 game engine in action, and judging from what we've been shown so far it looks like a very visually impressive title and a step up in every respect from previous iterations of the long running MotoGP official game series.

Visual impressions aside, one thing that does cause some concern is the current version of the game AI. Although in the early development stages, it concerns me greatly that the player (using the Valentino Rossi Yamaha) can race with Marc Marquez without some kind of dirty move by the Spaniard.. not realistic at all...

In other MotoGP 18 news, check out this interesting video behind the scenes 'Making of' video:

MotoGP 18 will be available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC this June 7th, with Nintendo Switch release to follow later in the year.

Check out the MotoGP 18 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news from the official videogame of the MotoGP bike racing series.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to MotoGP 18? Like the look of the upcoming title? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I've to admit that I'm not so much impressed about the trailer. That's because maybe some colours look a bit oversatured, my worst fears that for example Le Mans look a bit like the old one, same with Sachsenring.
But okay, the game will be an improvement for sure but with my favourite topic the tracks I stay very very sceptical until release or gameplay videos.

+1 for Imagine Dragons
Jokes aside, kerbs is Mugello and especially Le Mans are too high and...small? weird?. When it comes to racing, kerbs are important..

Here what Mugello should look more like:
9PDdJCy.jpg

Cutscenes are okay, nice addition

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good. The braking points tho..
I don't think they're good... LOSAIL for instance, the braking point of the main straight is 1 line before the kerbs start I think, in this video they're braking already in kerbs (the braking point of the MOTO2 bikes if I remember well)...

Unfortunately I'm very skeptical about those gameplays... I remember a MGP17 gameplay footage with bikes doing uncontrolled stoppies and was excited about those kind of stuff but when I've played the game, they're not there...

I don't know... feels like the player is just following the braking points and not using them as a guide to the limit of the braking... :redface: No brake/accel graphics is helping to not be capable of evaluate the correct use of braking...

Hope they put some configs of the realism controlable in some menu... :unsure:

Yep, the braking distance is the same as last years. The AI racing line on the main straight is still wrong.
I feel ok to complain about those small things because we fixed them every year again and again and they don't after 6 games.

The overall gameplay looks better than 2017 for sure, but to me looks like the devs don't care too much about MotoGP fans

For me it looks TOO SMOOTH.. but it has been every year. That improvements such as agressive bikes or spline effect has to be done every year but with that graphics it can be fatastic.. After this gameplay it seems to me that only that physics stuff such as how smoothly bike goes and trajectory of bikes on a straight line is the only thing to be done after few hours of this new title

I must say that overall, animation wise this is a huge improvement from 2017. It's atleast a lot more passable for being ''realistic'' than the prior titles. However like you guys have already pointed out... Milestone lacks in their consistency... Lets hope there isn't too much work for the community to do when it comes down to hammering out their inconsistencies.

ok more i see gameplays and more doubts came,ahaahahah i'm going convinced to not buy it at day one yes phisics are changed that's more sense of gravity turning, leaning is now progressive, but steel need to have gamepad on my hands to "feel" and read already in rewiew test from multiplayer.it at london(London???? the journalists are italians the milestone is italian and going to london? we italians are real crazy) that's are only carrier and no others content cause, they can not import old datas from prewiew games so no old bikes and no managerial carrier from motogp 17 i want to be sure of this next days but so they can really ask a full prize for that

Here's some new gameplay footage contains 2 races at Redbull Ring and Silverstone. This isn't my video, *spoiler alert* this isn't the smothest ride you've ever watched, but at this time we have to appreciate his efforts to gives us some leak gameplay

Thanks for the video.

I just love when they set opponents on "amoeba" difficulty and go straight from LAST to FIRST place in TURN AND A HALF. wtf. Guess they HAVE to win ! Jesus. :sick:
Instead of showing us some REAL gameplay, fighting with AI, no they just HAVE to WIN ! In a turn and a half, I remind you. What a genious.

Crash animations are the same. Like always... Meh.
Driver faces look good. For a game from 1992. Doh.
Even the champagne spray on podium look so meh-doh off. Guess I'll look that trophy animation once and never again. Probably not even that once.
Those "little" details Milestone never manage to really make it right. =/

Track map... oh track map...
track map is always plain stupid, I spoke about that before but hey who am I for them to listen my crazy inputs right ? Should I care to explain ?
In their map you ALWAYS have to be in the damn center of the map, no matter what, do I care about the part the track I've just pass ?!? No, you guess it right, I don't.
But Milestone thinks otherwise.:thumbsup: So instead of seeing more of the upcoming track (I'm sorry I can't learn them all in their full detail) I can admire of the beautiful track (map) I've just pass. Priceless, isn't it ?
Well dear Milestone guys if you love so much to be in the center (of the attention:rolleyes:) how about tilt the map down, like GT did ?
maxresdefault.jpg
shrug
Guess it never really cross their mind. Or was it impossible with the old engine. Well they got new one huh, it must be possible now.:sneaky: For sure, certainly, like most of the riders always say in after the race. :geek:

Physics...
I won't even comment, this genious obviously play with keyboard, on easiest (amoeba, mind you) level so... what conclusions can be drawn from that ?
But I can tell you that game isn't realistic based on another simple fact. Vinales on podium ? How really realistic is that ? :x3:

Certainly... :rolleyes: maybe it's time for this franchise to get some new blood, new ideas into it. New engine wasn't enough (for Milestone), obviously.
Look at WRC series, it helped them, for sure.
Funny enough... it was also Milestone that need to be replaced. Coincidence ?
For sure, certainly, it wasn't.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back