MGP18 MotoGP 18 - First Gameplay Footage (and it looks goooood)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
MotoGP 18 1.jpg MotoGP 18 2.jpg MotoGP 18 3.jpg MotoGP 18 4.jpg MotoGP 18 5.jpg MotoGP 18 6.jpg
Milestone have released the first gameplay footage from MotoGP 18 using the Unreal 4 engine, showing a very visually pleasing new title.

Although only just over one minute in length, this new video release from the upcoming MotoGP 18 title is the first time we have seen the Unreal 4 game engine in action, and judging from what we've been shown so far it looks like a very visually impressive title and a step up in every respect from previous iterations of the long running MotoGP official game series.

Visual impressions aside, one thing that does cause some concern is the current version of the game AI. Although in the early development stages, it concerns me greatly that the player (using the Valentino Rossi Yamaha) can race with Marc Marquez without some kind of dirty move by the Spaniard.. not realistic at all...

In other MotoGP 18 news, check out this interesting video behind the scenes 'Making of' video:

MotoGP 18 will be available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC this June 7th, with Nintendo Switch release to follow later in the year.

Check out the MotoGP 18 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news from the official videogame of the MotoGP bike racing series.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to MotoGP 18? Like the look of the upcoming title? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
It's completely different, except for riders' animations and helmets/suits 3D models, but okay

I'm sorry but doesn't your side-by-side video exactly make my point? I mean, it's anyway a bad overview to make 720p comparison vids of two screens, but from that video alone, I do not see any noticeable amount of increased detail or effects due to UE4. Compare MX2 with MX3 and you'll see a move from "drawing" to "photo".

I'm sorry but doesn't your side-by-side video exactly make my point? I mean, it's anyway a bad overview to make 720p comparison vids of two screens, but from that video alone, I do not see any noticeable amount of increased detail or effects due to UE4. Compare MX2 with MX3 and you'll see a move from "drawing" to "photo".
It's not my video, and I agree, hard to see details with two windows in the same video and youtube terrible bitrate compression.
The difference is more noticeable when you compare screenshots. Bikes and tracks have been recreated for the first time using scan data.

Look at the track difference [Also we get more believable grandstands in '18]:
Vbr8UBC.jpg

Bike and rider graphic rendering [3D models are the same in these two pics]:
BASE_SCREEN_9.jpg

motogp-17-ps4-11.jpg

I hope I managed to explain myself better

Still waiting for Logitech, Thrustmaster or Fanatec (or others) to produce a solid piece of hardware to simulate motorgames. I am not made to race with a gamepad and racing with keyboard we did back in the early 90s, those days are over for me :)

Surely thrustmaster, or Fanatec could produce a set of quick release handlebars for motobike titles. I know the ergonomics would be more trike like but it could be the start of something!

Looking pretty good, main thing I see is better lighting. As long as it runs smooth and returns to the interactive pits of MGP15 (with player control IN the pits!) I'll be happy. Although I'm waiting more for Ride 3, I havn't even got MGP17 yet!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back