MGP18 MotoGP 18 - First Gameplay Footage (and it looks goooood)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
MotoGP 18 1.jpg MotoGP 18 2.jpg MotoGP 18 3.jpg MotoGP 18 4.jpg MotoGP 18 5.jpg MotoGP 18 6.jpg
Milestone have released the first gameplay footage from MotoGP 18 using the Unreal 4 engine, showing a very visually pleasing new title.

Although only just over one minute in length, this new video release from the upcoming MotoGP 18 title is the first time we have seen the Unreal 4 game engine in action, and judging from what we've been shown so far it looks like a very visually impressive title and a step up in every respect from previous iterations of the long running MotoGP official game series.

Visual impressions aside, one thing that does cause some concern is the current version of the game AI. Although in the early development stages, it concerns me greatly that the player (using the Valentino Rossi Yamaha) can race with Marc Marquez without some kind of dirty move by the Spaniard.. not realistic at all...

In other MotoGP 18 news, check out this interesting video behind the scenes 'Making of' video:

MotoGP 18 will be available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC this June 7th, with Nintendo Switch release to follow later in the year.

Check out the MotoGP 18 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news from the official videogame of the MotoGP bike racing series.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to MotoGP 18? Like the look of the upcoming title? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
what a big delusion for me!!!! this video has killed all my expectations, tonight i has wrote only trash words aahahahah the sense of gravity the leaning progressive, ok this time i can only say that if they want to save their work sell it as a half prize gift
they can not sell this has a big step ahead on his way to work as software house
they say only a real word in presentation of this game they restart from zero
and this resoult is a REAL restart not UNREAL!!! ahahaahah

oh i forgot thaks to cucorial for sharing the video!

Don't you think that podium celebration was more developed in SBK X or SBK 2011 game?
I'm going to be really disappointed this year :D on their website it was mentioned that Indianapolis will be in game, so I'm curious which old tracks will appear in MotoGP'18 (and also which classes).

Don't you think that podium celebration was more developed in SBK X or SBK 2011 game?
I'm going to be really disappointed this year :D on their website it was mentioned that Indianapolis will be in game, so I'm curious which old tracks will appear in MotoGP'18 (and also which classes).
That's a mistake, they probably meant Austin ;)

I made a quick sketch of what should be fixed in Qatar. I hope I'll be able to do it once the game comes out.
Left side is the standard game, right side show grass, kerbs and tarmac closer to real life
F02i1Y6.jpg

Last edited:
I made a quick sketch of what should be fixed in Qatar. I hope I'll be able to do it once the game comes out.
Left side is the standard game, right side show grass, kerbs and tarmac closer to real life
F02i1Y6.jpg
Just more pale colours, right ?
I think you pretty much waste your time mate, how many people here have said "thank you" for all that work you do.
I did downloaded your improved Qatar for couple years but I figured I can do it pretty much the same (and even something more!) with so much simpler SweetFx small program. It's literally a few minutes job. Maybe you can use your time to something more important (to you). Or playing the actual game more. :geek: Just saying... I have done some modding by myself but, after some years I figured... it just takes too much of my (preciouss) time and people don't really care too much.
Not to mention that very next year NEW, updated, game is comming. :alien:
Wish I can somehow turn back time I've invested in F1 challenge, rFactor, GTR, GTL, F1 2014, Assetto,... oh damn... :unsure:

Just more pale colours, right ?
I think you pretty much waste your time mate, how many people here have said "thank you" for all that work you do.
I did downloaded your improved Qatar for couple years but I figured I can do it pretty much the same (and even something more!) with so much simpler SweetFx small program. It's literally a few minutes job. Maybe you can use your time to something more important (to you). Or playing the actual game more. :geek: Just saying... I have done some modding by myself but, after some years I figured... it just takes too much of my (preciouss) time and people don't really care too much.
Not to mention that very next year NEW, updated, game is comming. :alien:
Wish I can somehow turn back time I've invested in F1 challenge, rFactor, GTR, GTL, F1 2014, Assetto,... oh damn... :unsure:
Hmm no my work in the past has changed textures and lightmaps (and bumpmaps). You can't achieve the same results with SweetFX. If you've tried my last mod, XReal for GP17 around Mugello you'll notice the difference (new tarmac textures, rubberizing on tarmac and kerbs, kerbs reflection and material, etc).
SweetFX is a simple filter, it can't do that

As for the image I posted, the kerbs needs to be flatter and wider, the white line needs to be thinner. The kerb has to be below the synthetic grass level, not above. The other stuff is changing textures like in the past. I adjusted the colours as well but that's not the main point...

I spent some time on F1 Challenge and rFactor as well many years ago, but don't worry, I'll do what I can when I have some time for it, no rush. And if I can't do it, I'll move to other things. Last year I posted some stuff and then disappeared for months cause I had better things to do ;)

Ok, I get your vibe mate. ;)
You know the best what to do with your time, jut wish sometimes to people appreciate it more. Just that. Good luck with everything. Oh and... thanks for your mods. :) I didn't tried that mod, I believe, is that... this gigantic mod in 7 (SEVEN!) parts ?
https://www.racedepartment.com/members/jonix.17045/
Doh...:unsure: that's too much for me, I don't play MotoGP THAT much. And I'll run out of space if I install every mod out there lol.

Ok, I get your vibe mate. ;)
You know the best what to do with your time, jut wish sometimes to people appreciate it more. Just that. Good luck with everything. Oh and... thanks for your mods. :) I didn't tried that mod, I believe, is that... this gigantic mod in 7 (SEVEN!) parts ?
https://www.racedepartment.com/members/jonix.17045/
Doh...:unsure: that's too much for me, I don't play MotoGP THAT much. And I'll run out of space if I install every mod out there lol.
Yes it's that one. To make things easy, I uploaded it in a way you just need to overwrite the original files, no big hassle. All those files replace the standard files, no need for extra space except for downloading it ;).
Let's cut it out now, it's not the right thread, if you need other info feel free to PM me :)
Thanks for appreciating my works

Back on topic, it looks like there will be a difficulty slider %, not difficulty presets like in the past. Hopefully 100% will be hard enough..

Oh God... I really REALLY hope (and pray) that there will be slider. :thumbsup:
That's a standard now, I would say, Project Cars 2, F1 2017, Assetto... all them done it nicely.
And it so much easier to choose your difficutly now. Let's all cross our fingers together. :)

One thing that bothered me in the past was that bikes were "sliding" when cornering. I mean, they entered the corner "oversteering" and oversteered during all the corner.
GP18 seems more natural, you can check when they're going across corner Bucine at Mugello at 0:26

Now compare it to GP17 (this video at 0:11)
mod-edit: MotoGP Videos and Photos can be posted here https://www.racedepartment.com/media/albums/motogp-the-game.77/

Last edited by a moderator:
I like that you can clearly notice the bumps at turn 10 in Austin (where MotoGPs shake in real life).
But AI literally stops at turn 12..
Another thing I noticed is that AI seems to lack commitment to their line whenever they turn in, they seem to hesitate before commiting to their line. Kinda looks like they're weaving? Lets hope this isn't maxed out difficulty and that it has to do with how they implemented difficulty this year if there is indeed a slider?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.