More American Truck Sim Oregon Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ATS Oregon Preview 10.jpg

Work is well underway with the new American Truck Simulator map expansion - time for some more Oregon previews!

Focussing on natural beauty, something that I understanding is plentiful in the state of Oregon, these latest set of preview images for the upcoming American Truck Simulator are a testament to the impressive attention to detail and graphical depth of both of SCS Software's current truck simulation titles.

Representing some of the expected visuals found in and around Oregon, the latest previews showcase what looks likely to be a very different area of the United States than has been seen previous in the title, and showcases a map expansion that is more than likely set to become one of the more popular pieces of content for the simulation when it releases later this year.

According to the developers, the new map expansion has given them further encouragement to improve yet further the way in which scenery is created in the simulation:

"Forest industry is one of the key building blogs of Oregon economy and transportation. We want to take our players deeper into the forests, showing things in closer detail. That is why new detailed models of lower and higher forest vegetation are created. We also added wetlands and swamps together with lush meadows full of blooming wildflowers. Several unique representatives of Oregon flora have also been identified. For example, we have created a brand new thundercloud flowering plum tree for some of the urban areas."

So without further ado, feast your eyes on these beauties...

ATS Oregon Preview 1.jpg
ATS Oregon Preview 2.jpg
ATS Oregon Preview 9.jpg

ATS Oregon Preview 3.jpg ATS Oregon Preview 4.jpg ATS Oregon Preview 5.jpg ATS Oregon Preview 6.jpg ATS Oregon Preview 7.jpg ATS Oregon Preview 8.jpg

American Truck Simulator and European Truck Simulator 2 are available to purchase for PC right now. Additional DLC packs for both games can be picked up from the respect Steam store page.

Like to go big rigging across the highways of the USA? Fancy sharing your experiences with your fellow community members and taking in all the latest news regarding both games? Well join up with our European Truck Sim 2 and American Truck Sim sub forums and get involved with the community today!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Are you looking forward to the Oregon map expansion in American Truck Sim? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Brilliant game and just getting better and better, I'm also really looking forward to the Special deliveries coming.

although I do wish the engines had more ooooomph. I realise there are mods etc but I'm keeping things as standard as possible.

Only guessing but maybe it's some sort of flowing gradient effect. That would give the illusion of waves moving. Basic but it works.
Quality of this game always seems to amaze I mean there building entire states with 10000,s of homes and buildings the textures look amazing and the details and lighting is superb, really impressive specially if the waves move also the engine they use is staggering to say they have that much detail not sure what techniques there using blending LOD but must be something cool :D
either way I always enjoy marveling over the screenshots although I never played the game.

If you know the guy who added all these trees send me his paypal ill give him a donation the guy works hard! :p
ats-oregon-preview-8-jpg.253984

Yeah I agree, I'm always staggered the amount of detail in these worlds. The thing I find curious is the speed they create them. Terrain, ok you could have an application that might generate some of of that for you, but like you say, all the 1,000's of little details really make this game look incredible.

Whenever I see this I always think of Vista, an application I used to create on quite a bit.

I think the only other sim that's impressed me recently from a detail point of view has to be the IOM course. Just lovely work :)

Yeah I agree, I'm always staggered the amount of detail in these worlds. The thing I find curious is the speed they create them. Terrain, ok you could have an application that might generate some of of that for you, but like you say, all the 1,000's of little details really make this game look incredible.

Whenever I see this I always think of Vista, an application I used to create on quite a bit.

I think the only other sim that's impressed me recently from a detail point of view has to be the IOM course. Just lovely work :)
Yes you can generate some of these things in a few hrs each 5 squared km the base, foundations, but how many square km in a state ?
then the millions upon millions of trees and houses and street posts and small objects and barns and stuff, its mind boggling, you would imagine that the scenery would be low poly,
but looking there is 3D trees and insane textures and awesome backdrops,
also the trucks lack no details I am confused to why racing games are so limited looking at what these guys are doing with 1 single track I mean whats going on here :D

I know this is just wishful thinking...but...if they ever decide to do a Car Delivery Sim based on all the ETS2 and American Truck world maps where you would get a brand car and deliver / drive it to the destination on time then pick up another one etc using all the games preferences etc...I would be in for that...dreams are free...LOL

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back