F1 2010 Monte Carlo - Monaco (Dry)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
I have to back Wishbone up on this. Come Spain everything got a lot harder, for no apparent reason. I was outqualifying, outracing and outpacing Bruno Senna in all races with the difficulty in professional. Then, complete struggle! Couldn't keep up with the cars even running laps of 1.26 (In Catalunya, the fastest lap last year was 1:24.3), so frustrating I had to lower the difficulty to begginer!
I'm on Monaco now, thanks for the setups, will try them out.

Using quick setup one to the right of middle setup with wings of 8/3 and can do 1.12s easy, 1.11s for sure with a bit of practice. It is not really the setup I think. Just practice,practice,practice. oh and a wheel helps, too!

Using quick setup one to the right of middle setup with wings of 8/3 and can do 1.12s easy, 1.11s for sure with a bit of practice. It is not really the setup I think. Just practice,practice,practice. oh and a wheel helps, too!

Is that in Time Trial? I am not even touching that mode as I heard all cars are equal etc etc. I don't want to get used to a good car then have to drive my Lotus.

I stay wide on entry, then cut right across and coast-around in 1st gear. I keep seeing people post how they can't get round it in one go - is that your problem? I can't see any other reason other than excess speed - you literally have to take it at the slowest speed ever.

• CrazyGamer

I tried the first setup and did a 1:15:2 but i would say its lacking a bit top speed,but overall great setup

Hi Guys,

Here is my dry setup, I am running career mode driving for lotus in my 2nd championship season. Championship winner of first year and i too have noticed that when you get to spain it seems as though it gets harder.

Anyway, here is the dry setup i am using and getting low to mid 1:20's which is competitive to get pole. Please also be aware that it will take some practice to get to this time or better. the setup helps but no substitute for track time :) I find that this setup allows very late braking and you can gain a lot of time and ground when done well.

Monte Carlo - Monaco (Dry)

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 11
Rear Wing Angle: 9
Braking
Balance: F 46% - R 54%
Pressure: High
Brake Size: Standard
Balance
Ballast Distribution: F 60% - R 40%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 4
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 5
Suspension
Front Ride Height: 2
Rear Ride Height: 2
Front Spring Stiffness: 5
Rear Spring Stiffness: 4
Gearbox
Gear 1: 112 kph / xxx mph
Gear 2: 138 kph / xxx mph
Gear 3: 163 kph / xxx mph
Gear 4: 188 kph / xxx mph
Gear 5: 216 kph / xxx mph
Gear 6: 243 kph / xxx mph
Gear 7: 273 kph / xxx mph​
Engine
Throttle map: Standard
Fuel: Fixed
Alignment
Camber front: -1.30
Camber rear: -2.80
Toe front: 0.09
Toe rear: 0.32

Option Tyres give best results. This set up is also very competitive in wet conditions.

Cheers guys
Blackfox

Great setup :)
although i changed the rear wing angle to 7.. gives a little more top speed on start/finish straigth and in the tunnel

@blackfox: awesome setup. made me 5 sec faster than with my best one. 1.16.1x with a virgin in dry condition, 1.20.7 with intermediates! difference max, all helps + tc off. great - thx a lot

with keys or wheel? my times driven with wheel. when first drove monaco i hated the course, after a while i learned it (same times like u).
3 words to get better: practice, practice, practice

Hi Guys !
I'm a new member just discovered this site :)
I tried yesterday evening to do time trial at Montecarlo with no aids and setting by default (the first on the right) and I managed a 1'12"1 ..25th world rank and 7th wihout aids...asap i find time i'll try some of your setup guys...thank you for sharing :)

How long did it take most of you to learn Monaco? I fully did all 3 practice sessions before I could keep my lap times within .5sec of one another.

In my first race there I didn't have a lap below 1.18.5 and Hamilton still won by 10 seconds...I'm assuming pit glitch since I was ahead by 3 seconds when I went to pit and I was lapping ~.5sec lap faster than him...

Oh yea, I'm in a Force India, on easy, 1st of 3 season. Mild TC, everything else off.

I have just done my first Monaco weekend in season 1 (7 year) with Lotus.
PS3 using pad, on medium with TC on mid and a set up based around one from here.
I did all 3 practice sessions and Qualifying then the race.
I have won the first 5 races lapping faster than the field then here I am struggling to Qualify 6 and fought like hell to finish 5th :o.
I was averaging 1:19s with a best of 1:18.589 and the front 4 just disappeared so i finished 10 secs behind 4th and 35 secs behind Vettel who won.
I know I am not a brilliant driver and the medium setting is too easy really but I wanted a first season to get to know the game and have some fun before moving to a mid pack team and then turning the difficulty up to make it more realistic but this has baffled me.

In the Time Trial I used the settings "Bram Hengeveld" and the time that I managed to actually get a 1:15.408. Surely the time can still be improved, but the track does not forgive mistakes. I will still try to modify these settings so I hope the vast improvement.

Thanks for the setups! I'm using Blackfox's settings and mirroring his results of low 1:20's with a Lotus.
I've realized that the run out of the Nouvelle chicane is really crucial... It's really important to keep it tight around there to get a good time...
Monaco is fast becoming my favourite circuit :D

Monte Carlo - Monaco (Dry)
Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 9
Rear Wing Angle: 8
Braking
Balance: F 52% - R 48%
Pressure: medium
Brake Size: Small
Balance
Ballast Distribution: F 50% - R 50%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 7
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 8
Suspension
Front Ride Height: 2
Rear Ride Height: 2
Front Spring Stiffness: 7
Rear Spring Stiffness: 8
Gearbox
Gear 1: 112 kph / xxx mph
Gear 2: 138 kph / xxx mph
Gear 3: 163 kph / xxx mph
Gear 4: 189 kph / xxx mph
Gear 5: 218 kph / xxx mph
Gear 6: 246 kph / xxx mph
Gear 7: 276 kph / xxx mph​
Engine
Throttle map: Fast
Fuel: Fixed
AlignmentCamber front: -1.50
Camber rear: -3.50
Toe front: 0.15
Toe rear: 0.50

Best lap with Ferrari Time Trial: 1.12.858 (wheel)
Average lap 1.13.3 +/-

I hope you like it!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back