F1 2010 Monte Carlo - Monaco (Dry)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
I have real problems with turn 1 here and think I am losing up to a second a lap just on this one bend. Watching other peoples hot laps they are able to drop a gear or two and be off and back on the throttle very quickly, but for me on this turn even after coming off the break there seems a big delay before the car will turn in at all, almost a second it feels like. If I break, come off the break and try to turn in the car just goes straight on, I have to wait so long before i can turn in.

I have real problems with turn 1 here and think I am losing up to a second a lap just on this one bend. Watching other peoples hot laps they are able to drop a gear or two and be off and back on the throttle very quickly, but for me on this turn even after coming off the break there seems a big delay before the car will turn in at all, almost a second it feels like. If I break, come off the break and try to turn in the car just goes straight on, I have to wait so long before i can turn in.

what car are you running?

• Amaru

Excellent setup (the 1st one posted)

1:14,137 in Time Trial mode w/ Ferrari

can go over a second faster in sector 2 but i keep outbreaking myself in the last corner haha :)

• Amaru

i do not understand how people keep posting 1:14s. I can't get out of the 1:20s, is it just because i'm in a Virgin and not Ferrari?

Try looking for different breaking points - when approaching the first corner, try breaking a couple of meters before the last zebracrossing u see. When u get trough that corner and u go into turn 2 and 3 - release the throttle but dont break (when done smoothly u gain lots of time in sector 1).

I have tried EVERY setup that is posted on this tread and I can't do anything better thatn a 1:20-21. I'm driving a Virgin in my first career season. What am i doing wrong?
I was able to get 1:18:100 with Virgin.Nearly was doing record time(1:17:xxx something but damn pc crashed lol).AI is on Legend and i play with keyboard only ABS and Traction Control at Full.

I experienced a similar behavior. I was using an older graphics board with settings on ultra low.
Today I upgraded my system with a new graphics board and turned settings to ultrahigh.
I was able to go from 1.23 to mid 1.17 in just a few rounds on time trial mode.
The car responds so much quicker now in both steering an braking due to this upgrade.

I experienced a similar behavior. I was using an older graphics board with settings on ultra low.
Today I upgraded my system with a new graphics board and turned settings to ultrahigh.
I was able to go from 1.23 to mid 1.17 in just a few rounds on time trial mode.
The car responds so much quicker now in both steering an braking due to this upgrade.

I appreciate the suggestion but am running the game on an i7 950 & GTX295 and getting steady 80+ FPS at Monaco with high settings. To be honest I am beginning to accept that the issue is not so much with the hardware being used as the uncoordinated organic matter that is using it :)

I am though only having this problem with this 1 corner out of all the tracks. Pobably somethign to do with the camber of the road etc.

• rustyscissors

1.16.272 in a McLaren in career mode with a hybrid of setups on this thread. I started with Brams and kinda tweaked the gears and downforce and played with balance but I know I can do better in TT with a fast engine setting. With all the setups I've read about on these forums I did really well on the China track and Mediocre in Spain but Monaco is a respect demanding track so with more practice, I'll get better. Thanks for posting setups. I've improved hugely on every track since discovering these forums. When I get a decent lap time for a track, I'll share the wealth with my setup. Thanks

• Rodchenko

In the 1:20s with Blackfox' setup on a Lotus (PS3 with DS-pad, Expert 5-year career with Prof AI and Medium TC) which is enough for me (since I know Montreal will be an easy pole ;) but I have another problem: My engine is constantly overheating as the PS3 pad doesn't really have much leverage on the shoulder buttons and my car keeps overrevving all the time. The other thing that annoys me on this track (and in the PS3 version) is that it contains the only really noticeable frame rate hickup down at the swimming pool chicane.

How is the Xbox controller faring with this game? Does it also make the engine overrev? And is there any slowdown in that particular corner?

Very helpful site, btw. Thanks.

great setup got a 1.14.351 with a great first sector can improve on last two sectors i think i might be able to get into the 1.12s im now 387 fastest i think my gt Irish Bafana thanks for the setup

Montecarlo

Dont know what it is about this track but I am complete crap here. Never could qualy below 123.00 I am new to F1 but I am racing on medium skill level with 20% race length and I have managed a few wins up to Monaco in the season thus far. I am sitting 3rd in points so far for the season and 4th for the constructors. Dont know what I am doing wrong but cannot find any rhythm at Monaco. Any of you guys that are willing to lend some advice or pointers is greatly appreciated. I am racing for Toro Rosso racing team.

Heyyyyyyyy guys,

need a little help.
I'm verry quick on all circuit accept Manaco.
I'm having troubles comming true the small corner.
So if there is any one with a hint i'm looking forward to it

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing