Modernizing GTR2 with the Crew Chief GTR2 Enhancements Plugin

Hey guys, just picked up this game because of the work done here. I've gotten almost all of my issues ironed out, but I noticed when playing in VR, objects at the edge of my view will unload slightly too early. It becomes distracting when passing by houses, signs, trees, etc. Is there any option for adjusting this that I'm missing? I'm using the Steam version with P&G and this, for reference. No Anniversary patch.

Last edited:
Hey guys, just picked up this game because of the work done here. I've gotten almost all of my issues ironed out, but I noticed when playing in VR, objects at the edge of my view will unload slightly too early. It becomes distracting when passing by houses, signs, trees, etc. Is there any option for adjusting this that I'm missing? I'm using the Steam version with P&G and this, for reference. No Anniversary patch.
From plugin manual "VR Recommended Tweaks" section:

• To avoid culling issues (cars, buildings disappearing), edit defviews.cam

• LocalCam=COCKPIT
    {
    Fov=(160.000000, 62.00000)

• Raise value of 62 until culling issues disappear. (Running 110 here).
Have fun :D

Thanks, I should have also asked if it retains the "racing school" tasks that are required to unlock custom championships?
There is a simple cheat for unlocking all tracks. Or you can install anniversary mod which will do that as well.

Honestly for best GTR2 experience you should install anniversary mod and crew chief.

Thanks again!

I was breathing hard after my first 24 minute GTR2 P&G Championship today.

I might not survive those GTR2 Custom Championships... ;)
try a 24 hr race at spa (time compressed) through the night and day... even at the minimum race time, it will leave you wiped out... in a good way ;-]

RE: "...my first 24 minute GTR2 P&G Championship..."

Little did I know, the game simply used the last car that I had raced that fit the class of the championship, so I was running some crappy 109hp Lotus against 500+hp Corvettes!

Silly rabbit.

ok i've got a gtr2 emergency here. i bought a new PC a while back (with windows 11 OS), and recently installed GTR2 on it with anni patch and CC. everything is working fine for the most part, but for some reason, every time i try to start a single player race weekend, the game crashes to desk top... all the other modes seems to work fine.

i had everything working fine on the previous PC, although went through my share of troubles trying to get it to work with both Anni Patch and CC.

any ideas..? thanks.

Try to generate a log : start gtr2 with GTR2_DEBUG.CMD and after crash or gtr2 end session you will see trace.txt opened in notepad then scroll down the log file to see if an error message was generated.
It could happen that some mods are incompatible when installed together : you need at least 2 gtr2 installs, one for test purpose and your main gtr2 with stuff you know they work after experimenting via your gtr2 test install.

Attachments

• 0.zip.txt
    244 bytes · Views: 33
Try to generate a log : start gtr2 with GTR2_DEBUG.CMD and after crash or gtr2 end session you will see trace.txt opened in notepad then scroll down the log file to see if an error message was generated.
It could happen that some mods are incompatible when installed together : you need at least 2 gtr2 installs, one for test purpose and your main gtr2 with stuff you know they work after experimenting via your gtr2 test install.
hi GTR233,
the only mods i have installed are the Anni Patch (nice work!) and CC.

here are the last lines of the text file that was created after CTD... not sure what this means... tbh.
VehGraphics::Init(GAMEDATA\TEAMS\TRACKVEHICLES\SAFETYCAR\SAFETYCAR.CAS)
slot.cpp 286: Entered Slot::Init()
pitmod.cpp 197: Entered PitAction::Init
vehgfx.cpp 2598: Entered VehGraphics::Init(GAMEDATA\TEAMS\GT\LAMBORGHINI MURCIELAGO TEAMS\REITER ENGINEERING\..\HQLAMBORGHINI_MURCIELAGO_STYLE2.CAS)
vehgfx.cpp 2598: Entered VehGraphics::Init(GAMEDATA\TEAMS\GT\LAMBORGHINI MURCIELAGO TEAMS\DAMS\..\HQLAMBORGHINI_MURCIELAGO_STYLE2.CAS)
vehgfx.cpp 1336: Could not open
vehgfx.cpp 2598: Entered VehGraphics::Init()
vehgfx.cpp 2642: Unable to read C:\Users\DOMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\vehgen.scn5: Error opening scene file name C:\Users\DOMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\vehgen.scn5
vehgfx.cpp 795: Could not open
vehgfx.cpp 2695: Could not find instance "SLOT002"

any tips would be highly appreciated!

Last edited:
ok i've got a gtr2 emergency here. i bought a new PC a while back (with windows 11 OS), and recently installed GTR2 on it with anni patch and CC. everything is working fine for the most part, but for some reason, every time i try to start a single player race weekend, the game crashes to desk top... all the other modes seems to work fine.

i had everything working fine on the previous PC, although went through my share of troubles trying to get it to work with both Anni Patch and CC.

any ideas..? thanks.
Did you resolve it? I just learned something I suspected for a long time. With _some_ mods enableMemoryUsageOptimizations = 1 causes crashes, set it to 0 and see if crash goes away.

Last edited:
Did you resolve it? I just learned something I suspected for a long time. With _some_ mods enableMemoryUsageOptimizations = 1 causes crashes, set it to 0 and see if crash goes away.
no i didnt resolve it yet. but will definitely give this a try... this setting is in the .ini file?
thanks, i'll let you know.

nope, unfortunately, that didn't work... actually, that setting was already at 0 for me. it was worth a try. it's funny, that crash only occurs when i try to run a race weekend. as i mentioned, all the other modes work, which will have to do i guess.

only mods i had installed were the anniversary patch and CC.

nope, unfortunately, that didn't work... actually, that setting was already at 0 for me. it was worth a try. it's funny, that crash only occurs when i try to run a race weekend. as i mentioned, all the other modes work, which will have to do i guess.

only mods i had installed were the anniversary patch and CC.
You could try backing up your CrewChief.ini, deleting it and letting plugin to recreate it, but I am grabbing at straws here really. I can tell you that HQ Patch works fine with CCGEP on my PC, but there are many combination of settings etc etc, so who knows where this is choking. The next step would be to start fresh building up from the Vanilla Steam GTR2.

tried that... unfortunately, still no good... maybe it will sort itself out. if not, i might try reinstalling again eventually if is persists, although it's a pain to do that. thanks for the suggestions in any event.

I'm having the exact same issue here. Tried everything I could think of, ended up making a completely fresh install of the game direct from Steam and the ONLY thing that isn't an original file is whatever CrewChief installs. Trying to load into a singleplayer race weekend, it crashes and creates a minidump and I can't figure it out. It feels like this game is sentient sometimes, I swear.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • More leagues

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 4 7.0%