Modding Questions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys, hope i'm in the right thread.

I would like to modify a mod, initially by increasing the rev limiter maximum rpm and lowering the idle rpm.

For now, the car rev at 6800 rpm max and idle at 1200 rpm. I would like it goes up to 8000 rpm and idle at 800 rpm.

So I opened the engine.ini, changed the value LIMITER to 8000 and MINIMUM to 850.

I also modified the power.lut to add rpm | torque missing.

But the problem, it's not changing anything in the game, always rev at 6800 and idle at 1200.

Can someone help me?

Thank you in advance
bye

Hi people,

Im learning to use CS2 instead of Gimp to make personal liveries for AC. There is one thing i cant get over with. Hope you can help me out. Im stuck with nasty aliasing trouble.
Whenever i use my lasso tool to mark a stretch of bodywork that needs another color, i use the grid layer as a guiding tool. When i fill the selection its heavy aliased, following the exact patron of the grid layer. Is there a way to avoid aliasing with heavy duty tools or actions? Somehow im not able to upload pics(?) so this is all i have.

Grtz. B

bmw m1 and bmw m1 s3
the glass on BMW 1M (both standard and s3) is located in vetri_abitacolo.dds. which is (very, very unfortunately) uneditable due to space allowed IMO. but i don't know. it might be possible with some experiment.
here is the texture of the glass i ripped on (vetri_abitacolo.dds).

vetri_abitacolo.png

Hi guys

I'm trying to create a boost and tacho gauge as an add on to one of the mod cars that I have (made some changes to the engine)

I could make/get the gauge models but I'm not sure how do I implement it into the car model and have it working. I'll be using 3d max if that's relevant

It will be great if someone could give me some pointers

Thanks

Hi. I'm quite new with AC. Been searching but can't find any answers.

How do you make slick tyres available for a car? Like the LaFerrari, I'd like to try it with slicks.

If its possible, how do you make it a default setup that the AI will always use?

Thanks.

How can I add maps to tracks? I have tried adding a png file, but it didn't display right, and then the scale was wrong, the rotation and start point. Any help/tips?

Is it possible to get kers display on something similar to the essential Hud? Running a mod now that you can only see kers usage in the cockpit. I tried some F1 hud but it didn´t display KERS.

Could any of the talented skinner's out there look at making a Renault RE series skin for the Lotus 98T. I think it would look pretty cool on Assetto.
KCJUmme.jpg

V23M52f.jpg

Please!

Hey i'm not sure who to go to or where to ask about this, But i'm pretty much a noob to modding and i'm currently in the process of my first two projects ever, for AC. The first one is the Rover Metro 6R4.. (did it for the hill climb's etc, and its my favourite car). I've created the shell and i'm stuck on the moving parts, windows and Camera's (any advice on how to approach any of them problems would be a massive help!

My second project is a track, It's a tiny but very different track. I was just curious if anybody else is a noob like me and would care to help me build it and learn more about creating mods in the process!

P.S im using Blender at the moment.
Regards
Lee

Last edited:
So, I'm looking for a assetto corsa car which can nicely hande tight alpine roads. Something like a street WRCC car would be perfect. Short wheelbase, narrow car, a torqy turbo... A rally spec c4 would be baller. Is there such a mod?

What car do you drive on road like peyregrosse, and joux plane and such...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes