Modding Questions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The post is about the edition of the replay cameras, and talking about everything except what is the matter, and never learn anything

I still do not clarify my doubt

The post is about the edition of the replay cameras, and talking about everything except what is the matter, and never learn anything

I still do not clarify my doubt

Yea but the title 'Modding Questions Thread' seemed to be at least somewhat right for my question.

So where do I go with my question?

2 things:
1) I am looking for a helmet creator who wants to help me. I suck at helmets :)
2) Does anybody know where I can find a Hancook tyre for Tatuus Abarth (of which I can contact the user for usage of the wheel)? Can't seem to find one...

I recently downloaded the following car mod/skin from this site:
#132 Antonelli Motorsport Porsche 911GT3 RSR

The package is located in skin download category. What base mod (if any) is needed to drive the car with this skin? I believe there some R8 skins available for dowload as well. Also, what base package is needed to drive the R8 skins as well?

First, let me say that this is a fantastic forum for sim racing and driving fans. You guys have provided lots of great and useful information to me; a new comer to AC. For now, Assetto Corsa is my primary sim racing software. After looking around the AC website, I got the impression that AC does not support mods, in that they have verbiage on their site, openly discouraging mods being used in their game. WTF!

I just downloaded and are currently using at least 2 track and 2 car mods, and they are fantastic. Thanks to all you moders. So, now to my question(s).

I've seen 2 skins that has me very excited; one was a Porsche skin and the other was an Audi R8 skin. Don't skins need a base car package in order to use the skin? If so, which base cars would allow me to run a Porsche skin and an Audi R8 skin? There was no documentation describing how to use the skins. I recently downloaded a completed Corvette that was described as a car download, as opposed to a skin download. So, clearly, there is a difference and the terms are not interchangeable.

check the AC forums...not sure what you read but mods are very much encouraged. ripped mods are quickly squashed on the official forum for obvious reasons but orignal content is not only encouraged but has even been integrated into the core game (the shelby cobra is/was a mod project)

First, let me say that this is a fantastic forum for sim racing and driving fans. You guys have provided lots of great and useful information to me; a new comer to AC. For now, Assetto Corsa is my primary sim racing software. After looking around the AC website, I got the impression that AC does not support mods, in that they have verbiage on their site, openly discouraging mods being used in their game. WTF!

There's plenty of information at RaceDepartment. Awesome place for Racing in General and SimRacing in particular!

As @yusupov said, Kunos supports legitimate mods for their software, most of which can be found here in the RaceDepartment AC download area :)

I've seen 2 skins that has me very excited; one was a Porsche skin and the other was an Audi R8 skin. Don't skins need a base car package in order to use the skin? If so, which base cars would allow me to run a Porsche skin and an Audi R8 skin? There was no documentation describing how to use the skins. I recently downloaded a completed Corvette that was described as a car download, as opposed to a skin download. So, clearly, there is a difference and the terms are not interchangeable.

The skins are for specific cars and can't be interchanged. Here's a RaceDepartment Assetto Corsa Racing Club Skin resource link. You can also click on Skins in the previous link I provided to see only Skins, same technique works for Apps, Cars and Tracks too!

2 things:
1) I am looking for a helmet creator who wants to help me. I suck at helmets :)
2) Does anybody know where I can find a Hancook tyre for Tatuus Abarth (of which I can contact the user for usage of the wheel)? Can't seem to find one...
There's plenty of information at RaceDepartment. Awesome place for Racing in General and SimRacing in particular!

As @yusupov said, Kunos supports legitimate mods for their software, most of which can be found here in the RaceDepartment AC download area :)

The skins are for specific cars and can't be interchanged. Here's a RaceDepartment Assetto Corsa Racing Club Skin resource link. You can also click on Skins in the previous link I provided to see only Skins, same technique works for Apps, Cars and Tracks too!

Thanks for the reply and for the link to the skins. The link shows skins for many of the cars in AC, and I will try out some of them. The skins I was referring to are:
  • #132 Antonelli Motorsport Porsche 911GT3 RSR
  • Audi R8 LMS Ultra 24h Nür Mega Pack by Ring Sports Racing Modding Team 0.7
There are no Porsche or Audi cars currently in AC. So what current car(s) will work with these two skins? The skins by themselves are not drivable. They need something else in order to work. What is that?

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply and for the link to the skins. The link shows skins for many of the cars in AC, and I will try out some of them. The skins I was referring to are:
  • #132 Antonelli Motorsport Porsche 911GT3 RSR
  • Audi R8 LMS Ultra 24h Nür Mega Pack by Ring Sports Racing Modding Team 0.7
There are no Porsche or Audi cars currently in AC. So what current car(s) will work with these two skins? The skins by themselves are not drivable. They need something else in order to work. What is that?
1. I have no idea why you quoted me
2. It got my attention
3. You have to download the corresponding mods, although they are unavailable on RD ;)

1. I have no idea why you quoted me
2. It got my attention
3. You have to download the corresponding mods, although they are unavailable on RD ;)

I need to get the attention of someone who may have an idea on this.
So, If I must get the corresponding mod, and that mod is not located on the site, and the mod does not specify what that corresponding mod is... Humm... Looks like I am still SOL!

Seriously, are you (or anyone here) driving a Porsche in AC? If so, which sim car(s) work with Porsche skins?

I need to get the attention of someone who may have an idea on this.
So, If I must get the corresponding mod, and that mod is not located on the site, and the mod does not specify what that corresponding mod is... Humm... Looks like I am still SOL!

Seriously, are you (or anyone here) driving a Porsche in AC? If so, which sim car(s) work with Porsche skins?
Skins are not compatible on other cars ;) Audi R8 LMS is one you should be able to find on the official forums.

I don't know about the porsche, I think it is part of some paymod but not sure about that

Skins are not compatible on other cars ;) Audi R8 LMS is one you should be able to find on the official forums.

I don't know about the porsche, I think it is part of some paymod but not sure about that

Are there car downloads on the AC website. I don't recall ever seeing any. When you say official sites, what sites are those?

Assetto Corsa Porsche 997 GT3 MOD has no car sounds. I have downloaded the file from several links and they all perform the same on my system. No car sounds from the mod. How can this be fixed?

Is there any mods for the Z4 sound? It doesn't even sound like a car, more like a someone waving a bee's nest back and forth. The shifting is so soft, it reminds me of an old 69 Chrysler Newport I had once.

Before the RC, there was one but it won't work with the new .bank format. Please anyone?

I'm making a skin for the Z4 GT3 and I was wondering if there is a way to paint the rear wing. Not the side parts or the part that it's attached to that you find in the template. I want to paint the actual wing that is made of carbon. I have a file called MAT-cabron that lets me change the color of the wing but it will also color every other carbon part on the car with it, which obviously I don't want.

Unfortunately not, at least last I checked they just chucked all the carbon randomly onto the texture and a bunch of it overlaps, so even if you hit the part the wing is mapped to you'll also make some other bits change.

I'm looking for some help set up a TV Camera. I want to perch the TV camera as shown here:
ZfGIDGR.jpg

This is the Transfagarasan North by DrDoomslab. I want to record this Audi race up this road. Many more places but, will start with this area. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 139 13.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 73 7.1%