Modding Questions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone my problem is my favorite track in asetto corsa.Please help me for solution.
First off all I founded Istanbul Park track file.When I install to game I founded some problem and they very annoying for me.I send message for developer but He didnt come back and I want to solve these problems and I wanna racing very well in track :) I hope somebody help me for solution.
  • Problem 1;
    turkey-gp-1.jpg
In this picture starting in pitline and continues from end off pit line.
  • This is how must be;
(Codesmasters true one) (Mod false)
bac59flc4b1ksc4b1z-1.jpg

• Problem 2;
Cars starting to middle of road and this isnt good I wanna play from pit.And hot lap starting in wrong palace and no pit limiter
turkey-gp-2.jpg

AC_TIME_0_R and AC_TIME_0_L but be on legs of Panasonic billboard and AC_HOTLAP_START_0 must be middle and downstream of road. I try severel times to move this box in right palace with 3DsimED3 but result is didnt work :/

If that possible I want to convert this track codemasters to asetto corsa
turkey-gp.jpg

I waiting your help :) Have a nice racing !

Last edited:
How to see my prototype In Game?

I'm a car designer, and have a few models i would like to see in game

I have my own high poly model but have no idea how to mod it into the game. Any tips?

and apparently i cant even use forums properly anymore...

Mod edited and merged into modding questions sticky thread - Converted to jpg as file size too large as png

snapshot-10-04-2016-022250.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody here with some skinning skills? I want do that skin for my next project, but i dont know, how to skin this "silver-" or "metal-"look. Has anyone any idea how to do it?
Yaco-Racing-2.jpg 12986984_593637294131303_111538123399409486_n.jpg

How to see my prototype In Game?

I'm a car designer, and have a few models i would like to see in game

I have my own high poly model but have no idea how to mod it into the game. Any tips?

First off, awesome to see a car designer (I'm a graduate, though not working in the industry unfortunately).
Second, cool model. How was it made, is it a surface model like Alias? If so, it's probably not really suitable for Assetto Corsa without heavy modification (or any game for that matter).

A poly model is great, though you have to be careful with tri-count - 200k Tris is really the max, and that includes Exterior, Interior, wheels and everything else (100k for exterior/wheels, 100k for interior).

A higher poly model should work, just won't provide a good experience with more than 1 car. Though if you just want it in-game, but not to drive, then its not a big issue.

The actual process of getting it in-game and driving properly is quite lengthy and complex for a beginner. It takes a lot of reading up and trial/error, but its worth it.

It took me many weeks to get something working in-game, just because everything was brand new to me so the learning curve was steep. You already have a model so are already way ahead of where I was.

I used this basic guide, which looks confusing at first but once you get used to the process its quite easy. If you're definitely interested in getting you're model(s) in-game, I'd suggest posting a thread in the Official Assetto Corsa forums, and we'll walk you through the process.

Good luck!

*Edit*

Just looked up you're portfolio - very nice 3D skills :)

The way I'd do it is...

Navigate to Assetto Corsa\system\cfg
open up the camera_onboard_free.ini file in notepad...
Change the line.... SPHERICAL_COORDS=1 to SPHERICAL_COORDS=0

Save the file...

Load into Assetto... Hit F5... And move the camera anywhere you want... using...

Hold down Left Mouse Button and move mouse to look around...

Down cursor = Raise Camera
Up Cursor = Lower Camera
Left & Right cursors = Strafe left & right
W = Forwards
S = Backwards
Shift = Move slowly
CTRL = Move fast
It will stay fixed to the car as you drive.

Also, while you're there... go into the assettocorsa.ini file and change the line...
ALLOW_FREE_CAMERA=0 to.... ALLOW_FREE_CAMERA=1

Save the file...

In game... Hit F7

Hold down Right Mouse Button and move mouse to look around... and...

Up Cursor = Forwards
Down cursor = Backwards
Left & Right cursors = Strafe left & right
Shift = Move slowly
CTRL = Move fast
It won't stay fixed to the car as you drive.

Posted this in the wrong place I think?..... Brain malfunction!!! lol

hey guys.

im having problems with adding mod cars / tracks.
ive downloaded the slieghtly 180sx and ebisu drift track.
when the 180sx was done downloading, it came out to be a paper (it wasnt a folder to open or a wiz that i can extract)
when the ebisu track was done downloading, it came out to be a notepad with bunch of unknown characters. (im pretty sure all of you had that in some point in your PC LIFE CAREER haha)
anywho.. i placed the car in the "assetto corsa car folder". and the other in the "assetto corsa track folder" .. and nothing happend...
i searched on process of adding in mods and tracks. ive notced that theirs comes out to be folder that they drag in. but i dont have the folder because it did NOT come with it. HELP ME OUT PL0X

Hi Lads. I just have a question regarding adding gloves into the game: I can't seem to get the textures to work/show properly for some reason. I am definitely putting them into the right place and have had no trouble adding cars, tracks etc. but for suits and gloves I seem to have a problem. Anyhow, I was wondering if somebody may be able to help. Here is an example:

Hello.I'm on the realization of LMP1 and LMP2 20015 skins for Assetto Corsa.
I realized 2 skins for model NISSAN GT-R Nismo LMP1 and I have a problem with the body of dirt that are white spots!
Is there a solution to minimize or make plud fine and darker spots.
I do not know who is the designer of this mod.
Screen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 308 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 204 10.2%
  • < 4 years